follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-30-2014, 11:35 PM   #1
boxer_boy

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OEM painted bumper

Does anyone know if Subaru offers painted BRZ front bumpers yet? I found unpainted, but want factory painted.

Car is a month old and already got backed into......
boxer_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Why not just research reputable body shops in your area? The problem with getting a OEM painted bumper is that they don't have your car to match the bumper, so there's a good chance the paint match will be off. FYI they do this when assembling the car as bumper and body are painted separately, and then they choose the best match to one another. A good body shop can also produce better results oftentimes than factory, especially with Subaru as their paint quality is pretty shoddy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Drives: 2013 SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer_boy View Post
Does anyone know if Subaru offers painted BRZ front bumpers yet? I found unpainted, but want factory painted.

Car is a month old and already got backed into......
I've had to replace mine twice in 8 months of having the car after having two people back into me. The first time I found the bumper on here:
http://www.subarupartsamerica.com/pa...?siteid=216122

I took the car to my dealerships body shop and they price matched the bumper and painted to match. It's the easiest way to do it and it should guarantee that it's OEM paint match since it's the dealership. It's what I felt the most comfortable with plus it was the cheapest quote I recieved by far!
Husker BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Husker BRZ For This Useful Post:
Deepseadiver (03-31-2014), midnight23 (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker BRZ View Post
I've had to replace mine twice in 8 months of having the car after having two people back into me. The first time I found the bumper on here:
http://www.subarupartsamerica.com/pa...?siteid=216122

I took the car to my dealerships body shop and they price matched the bumper and painted to match. It's the easiest way to do it and it should guarantee that it's OEM paint match since it's the dealership. It's what I felt the most comfortable with plus it was the cheapest quote I recieved by far!
Going to a "dealership body shop" isn't going to make the paint job any more "OEM" than going to any other shop. It comes down to who can mix and blend the best can of paint.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
boxer_boy

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
In have a very reputable body shop lined up. The worst part is that the black portion is now scuffed. I am pretty sure the only fix for that is a new bumper cover.
boxer_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #6
Husker BRZ
Go Big Red!!

Drives: 2013 SSM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer_boy View Post
In have a very reputable body shop lined up. The worst part is that the black portion is now scuffed. I am pretty sure the only fix for that is a new bumper cover.
Yep. I had the exact same problem with scratches on the "moustache" lol Thankfully I wasn't paying for it so the new bumper cover wasn't a problem. First time around I thought maybe it was two pieces but it's all one unfortunately.
Husker BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote