follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #1
brosifSmith

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ecutek won't let me flash edited tune, calId differences

So I just picked up an ecutek kit, I was using oft previously but the oft has been having major issues and got corrupted, and am currently going back and forth to resolve it, all the while trying to tune a FI application. I bought ecutek because I was sick of it. So, my main question stems from the fact that I cannot seem to find an ecutek base map for the calId that it identifies my ECU as having (ZA1JA01I). Which is an AT 2015 BRZ. When I pulled the stock tune from the ecu awhile ago with the oft, it had a calId of ZA1JD00D. Which is technically for a 2014 AT. I am able to edit this tune with ecutek but when I try and flash the ecu it says something along the lines of 'must have stock tune or tune with race rom features to flash'. This makes it seem like you have to purchase race rom to flash a tune that you've edited. What's weird is if I attempt to flash the stock .ori tune, still the D00D calId, it'll let me proceed past that part. So I am confused if it's just because I don't have race rom, or if it's because once I edit it the checksum is different and it sees that the CalIds don't match. Anyone have experience with this? And would anyone also have a base stock ZA1JA01I tune for ecutek I could use? Apparently I don't have any stock tunes to pull from the ecutek library. Don't know if they dropped support for this, but it's kindof frustrating that the stock tune cannot even be edited and flashed back to the vehicle.
brosifSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:17 PM   #2
brosifSmith

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nevermind, i'm an idiot. or more like ecutek software is an idiot! It wasn't allowing me to download the stock rom library. It finally popped up when I tried to updated a 3rd time. disregard!
brosifSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosifSmith View Post
Nevermind, i'm an idiot. or more like ecutek software is an idiot! It wasn't allowing me to download the stock rom library. It finally popped up when I tried to updated a 3rd time. disregard!
There system is a bit overloaded right now and they are working on improving the access speed of it. They just added about 3000 ROM's they need to maintain which has put a lag on their servers.

Cheers,
DT
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote