follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 04-25-2016, 07:41 PM   #15
VTEC

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Love this sound. I have a similar set up. Music to my ears every time I turn the key. It sounds so good I plugged up the sound tube and try to open my windows as much as a I can, even when it's a bit chilly.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:16 AM   #16
tskaohu

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue CWS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Invidia, and i bet that shit is loud as hell, wait till you slap on some headers and that thing will attract cops from all over :P

1320 Performance Headers & Overpipe | HKS Hi-Power Spec-L Catback Exhaust | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | Delicious Tuning Stage 2 Tune | Tein Flex A Coilovers | 20 & 25 MM Spacers
tskaohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #17
EsoBOFH
Senior Hoonigan

Drives: 2016 Hot Lava 6MT FR-S
Garage
Yeah.. so, results are in. This f*cker is LOUD. I feel like the drone is less though - pulling up to a stop in gear doesn't produce that vice-like head-squeezing drone it had before, and level pedal on the highway is tolerable.. quiet even so long as there's a slight bit of throttle being applied. Otherwise though.. THIS THING IS LOUD. And that would be fine under full throttle race action, but it's a bit of an embarrassing loud because it's completely disproportionate to the actual speed and power. It's way more bark than bite which seems kind of poser-ish. I am learning to drive it in a quiet manner, which is totally possible. Rather than downshifting to slow down to a stop, i just brake in whatever gear i'm in, to a stop, and shift early to keep the noise down (wife mode).

Does anyone else hear that ringing? Video coming soon

Last edited by EsoBOFH; 04-29-2016 at 01:21 AM.
EsoBOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:31 PM   #18
VTEC

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsoBOFH View Post
Yeah.. so, results are in. This f*cker is LOUD. I feel like the drone is less though - pulling up to a stop in gear doesn't produce that vice-like head-squeezing drone it had before, and level pedal on the highway is tolerable.. quiet even so long as there's a slight bit of throttle being applied. Otherwise though.. THIS THING IS LOUD. And that would be fine under full throttle race action, but it's a bit of an embarrassing loud because it's completely disproportionate to the actual speed and power. It's way more bark than bite which seems kind of poser-ish. I am learning to drive it in a quiet manner, which is totally possible. Rather than downshifting to slow down to a stop, i just brake in whatever gear i'm in, to a stop, and shift early to keep the noise down (wife mode).

Does anyone else here that ringing? Video coming soon
Try plugging the sound tube like I did. It will still be loud and aggressive on the outside, but the cabin will be more quiet for your wife especially in high RPMs.
EsoBOFH (04-29-2016)
Old 04-29-2016, 01:22 AM   #19
EsoBOFH
Senior Hoonigan

Drives: 2016 Hot Lava 6MT FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsoBOFH View Post
Video coming soon

as promised