follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 12-29-2019, 12:36 AM   #15
Mr.ac
[insert cool phrase here]

Drives: BRZ Premium
Thanked 1,558 Times in 930 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
This seems like a waste of the obd2 port. I'm surprised this can't be done with software or some rom edits, or a splice that doesn't require being constantly plugged into that port...
I don't know, but maybe it's just me but why would you pay any amount of money to do the same thing your left hand can reach in less than half a second.
Mr.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:57 AM   #16
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ac View Post
I don't know, but maybe it's just me but why would you pay any amount of money to do the same thing your left hand can reach in less than half a second.

I will say though on my CX-5 the auto locking when placing the car in drive is kind of useful, it's just natural and automated
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 04:46 AM   #17
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznchris View Post
Oohh. I've seen their website. Wouldn't it not matter for M/T that you have to use the handbrake? I mean like uuuuusually you'd pull it before turning off the car right? Too bad it doesn't work for my pleb key turning A/T ): also if it was still available too expensive for me T.T

This got me thinking.. what if I got an adapter, cut the 12v wire from the device side and then just wire the device side to ignition switch. Can't flash my hazards if it doesn't have power lol. Ultimately tho still hate the blinks.
Nope, I don't pull handbrake before parking, car doesn't move when first gear is engaged and engine is off.
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:21 PM   #18
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpvecchi View Post
Nope, I don't pull handbrake before parking, car doesn't move when first gear is engaged and engine is off.
i used to say that.

and then my work truck randomly decided to roll back 30 minutes after i parked it into a custom semi truck parked on the other side of the road. it caused $6,000 in damage to his custom chrome.

a parking brake is way cheaper.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #19
Mr.ac
[insert cool phrase here]

Drives: BRZ Premium
Thanked 1,558 Times in 930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
I will say though on my CX-5 the auto locking when placing the car in drive is kind of useful, it's just natural and automated
I get it if you haul little kamakze kids in the back seat, or any 4 seater. But for a two seater? Major derp-ness.

Besides I always like full control of my door when I ride as a passenger. You never know when you need to stab a mofo and tuck and roll.
Mr.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:00 PM   #20
aznchris

Drives: Scion 86 tS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ac View Post
I get it if you haul little kamakze kids in the back seat, or any 4 seater. But for a two seater? Major derp-ness.

Besides I always like full control of my door when I ride as a passenger. You never know when you need to stab a mofo and tuck and roll.
Lol. I have the same feeling as a passenger. Sometimes you just can't trust your parents driving you. Jkjk.

But for me it's a convenience thing. Ever since I had a bad encounter with a random guy yelling at me in a bad neighborhood, I've been locking my doors every day. To have it auto lock is suck a nice feature. 1 less thing to worry about.
aznchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 03:29 PM   #21
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznchris View Post
The trac box from seriesblueadventures is like 140 and comes with a bunch of extra things that I don't need.
Just to clarify, I have a link to the Trac-Box on my page, but it's not my product

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:12 AM   #22
aznchris

Drives: Scion 86 tS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback View Post
Just to clarify, I have a link to the Trac-Box on my page, but it's not my product
My bad. It's just I was thinking of buying the switches one day, so I'm like, I gotta remember the site. And I just remember reading how you said it'd go great with the Trac Box. I find your site easier to remember than geraldjustprojects too.

Sorry Gerald ):

Edit:
Good news. I don't know why I didn't do this before, but I contacted Gerald and he's making me a bare bones Trac-Box with only the speed lock/unlock feature and nothing else for an agreed upon price. Thanks Gerald T.T

Last edited by aznchris; 12-31-2019 at 04:45 AM.
aznchris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aznchris For This Useful Post:
Stang70Fastback (12-31-2019)