follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #29
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
No it's a wax they put on at port and then they give you a box with small bottles of liquid wax at the time of purchase.

I don't want any port installed options as they will charge you twice the price for everything.
This is just one of the ways all the regional Toyota distributors make money from your pocket.

Southeast Toyota charges from $169. to $299. for carpet floor mats (depends on which toyota/scion model you buy) and I can buy the same floor mats from the dealer for one half that price.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Tell them to shove the mudflaps and pinstripe up their ass! This isn't the '80's anymore

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turbowned For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-06-2012), Subie (05-06-2012), TRD-X (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #31
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD-X View Post
No it's a wax they put on at port and then they give you a box with small bottles of liquid wax at the time of purchase.

I don't want any port installed options as they will charge you twice the price for everything.
This is just one of the ways all the regional Toyota distributors make money from your pocket.

Southeast Toyota charges from $169. to $299. for carpet floor mats (depends on which toyota/scion model you buy) and I can buy the same floor mats from the dealer for one half that price.
Thanks for that and yes you're right. By the way, floor mats are listed as a standard equipment on the FRS so they shouldn't be charging for those. I'm guessing they may try something with a trunk mat though.
Dadhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #32
ruskymx

Drives: 13 HotLava FRS, 93 4Runner, 97 Taco
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm in PA and here's our fees:

Documentary Fee - $129 -Max allowed by PA
Title Fee - $22.50
New Plate Fee - $10
Registration - $36
Online Registration - $14.55
PA Tire Tax (new cars only) - $5
Lien Fee (only if financed or leased)- $5
Transfer Tag - $6 and remove $10 plate & $36 registration

I think the only variable may be the online registration fee which depends on the software used, but I could be mistaken. It won't vary much though.

Ruskymx
ruskymx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #33
(K)
They call me..."Ken"...

Drives: '04 Accord V6 MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lookin over this list, the prospect of buying out of state is more and more appealling. My negotiation skills are not good enough to work the doc fees on bigger, new car dealerships. Plus, who wouldn't mind crossing a few states with their new car?
(K) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Thanks for that and yes you're right. By the way, floor mats are listed as a standard equipment on the FRS so they shouldn't be charging for those. I'm guessing they may try something with a trunk mat though.
If they try to charge me for floor-mats it will be a dealbreaker. I'm not even kidding, I will draw the line right there. (and probably leave the dealership causing a huge shitstorm)

I'd recommend the trunk mat if you live near a beach and surf/ or body board a lot,... that mat will be so nice, you can just take it out and spray out all the sand instead of getting all that sand everywhere in your trunk.
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YukiHachiRoku For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-07-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #35
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiHachiRoku View Post
If they try to charge me for floor-mats it will be a dealbreaker. I'm not even kidding, I will draw the line right there. (and probably leave the dealership causing a huge shitstorm)

I'd recommend the trunk mat if you live near a beach and surf/ or body board a lot,... that mat will be so nice, you can just take it out and spray out all the sand instead of getting all that sand everywhere in your trunk.
I will most likely get a trunk mat for mine, but I'll want a heavy duty one, not carpet.

I wonder how many of the FR-S will end up with a BeSpoke in them just so the dealer can make a little extra profit?

Oh, and to answer the OPs question, my dealer has a $599 doc fee. We're arguing about that already, and they are pulling the "Pure Pricing" card.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #36
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I will most likely get a trunk mat for mine, but I'll want a heavy duty one, not carpet.

I wonder how many of the FR-S will end up with a BeSpoke in them just so the dealer can make a little extra profit?

Oh, and to answer the OPs question, my dealer has a $599 doc fee. We're arguing about that already, and they are pulling the "Pure Pricing" card.
Yeah, the rubber trunk mat is ftw.

I wonder how much more money Toyota N.A. could have made if they brought the FT-86 over as a Toyota, and got to slap on all the regular bullshit add-ons Toyota dealerships markups they are famous for?

Scion are probably holding onto every cent they can and will try to remain, "firm"... due to the fixed pricing
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #37
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiHachiRoku View Post
Yeah, the rubber trunk mat is ftw.
I'm just hoping someone makes a custom fit one that goes up the back seat. Most likely if I need it, I'll need it when the seat is down.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #38
Driver

Drives: GTE
there is no paint protection offered by toyota. everything they can install at the port is on toyotas website under accessories. anything installed at the port from toyota will show up on the window sticker.

if the dealer choses to install anything else that would be an added feature ie: window tint, pin stripe that is up to them but if you have an order they shouldn't intall anything unless it was previously agreed upon. good luck with your purchases but remember you aren't going to get anything for free from a dealer so don't embarrass yourself.
Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #39
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I just spent the last 10 minutes looking at the various dealer websites for Scion in Georgia...poor Georgians, your state dealers don't list DOC fees on their websites like they do here in Houston.

Ours range from $55-$125. What you guys are being charged is absurd and you should definitely check your surrounding states fees. It's totally worth saving several hundred dollars for.

I myself might goto Louisiana to get my FR-S because they have no front plate law(if my local dealers give me shit about NOT drilling holes). You also get better deals there anyway based on my 2 previous Civic Si purchases.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #40
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistpoint View Post
I just spent the last 10 minutes looking at the various dealer websites for Scion in Georgia...poor Georgians, your state dealers don't list DOC fees on their websites like they do here in Houston.

Ours range from $55-$125. What you guys are being charged is absurd and you should definitely check your surrounding states fees. It's totally worth saving several hundred dollars for.
Yea, I would do that (go to another state) but I'm locked in as 1st86er unless I want to give up my slot. If I can't convince my dealer otherwise, I may give it a shot with corporate. I've already tried to change dealers but they wouldn't allow it.

Also, I noticed in Georgia a lot of the Scion dealers include the Doc Fee as part of the cost of the car so you don't immediately see it.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #41
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yea, I would do that (go to another state) but I'm locked in as 1st86er unless I want to give up my slot. If I can't convince my dealer otherwise, I may give it a shot with corporate. I've already tried to change dealers but they wouldn't allow it.

Also, I noticed in Georgia a lot of the Scion dealers include the Doc Fee as part of the cost of the car so you don't immediately see it.
Sorry to hear that!! I hope you can turn it into a PR nightmare for the dealership and get it reduced...i was in fear my dealer would do that but looks like CA fee is capped (thank God)...but we'll see what else they try to tack on...

2015 Nissan GTR
chate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #42
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Yeah it on the window sticker just like mine.

Southeast Toyota Region puts the screws to you.