follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #57
lucid215

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
According to who? The manufacturer that is trying to sell you said intake?
according to the actual person making the intake. they have done dyno tests between the perrin and theirs. if i remember correctly they made 4-6 more with their intake then they did with the perrin.
lucid215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #58
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid215 View Post
according to the actual person making the intake. they have done dyno tests between the perrin and theirs. if i remember correctly they made 4-6 more with their intake then they did with the perrin.
Something tells me you missed my point entirely.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
Danklvr (07-18-2014), otterpop (11-23-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #59
lucid215

Garage
No I didn't haha I know what you are talking about. One thing I will do is get a dyno with my Takeda intake and oft stage 2 uel. Then I'll do one with the signature intake to see if there is a power difference. Either way one of them will be sold ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to lucid215 For This Useful Post:
Malt (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #60
Malt

Quote:
No I didn't haha I know what you are talking about. One thing I will do is get a dyno with my Takeda intake and oft stage 2 uel. Then I'll do one with the signature intake to see if there is a power difference. Either way one of them will be sold ;-)
Wonderful idea! I wait patiently for the results.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #61
lucid215

Garage
Quote:
Wonderful idea! I wait patiently for the results.
Haha I sense a little sarcasm in there lol.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #62
Malt

Quote:
Haha I sense a little sarcasm in there lol.
Actually there isn't. I'm all for people testing mods before and after. I'd be more curious in a stock intake with drop in tuned vs your proposed intake tuned, but obviously that's not what you had in mind. Just make sure your tuner plots AFR with the dyno sheet so we can see if any power that may or may not be gained is done so safely.

Either way should be good info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
lucid215 (07-18-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #63
lucid215

Garage
Quote:
Actually there isn't. I'm all for people testing mods before and after. I'd be more curious in a stock intake with drop in tuned vs your proposed intake tuned, but obviously that's not what you had in mind. Just make sure your tuner plots AFR with the dyno sheet so we can see if any power that may or may not be gained is done so safely.

Either way should be good info.
Ah well sorry about that. If I can convince my buddy to get the oft as well he has uel headers and full exhaust with stock intake. I will be doing logs with the oft when I do the dyno so we can see everything that the car is doing. Heck I still have my stock intake so maybe I'll throw that in there as well. Just won't be able to do it all at once.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #64
Julio86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Expert Review: Plug-and-Play performance for the FRS/BRZ with Vishnu Openflas...

I'm such a noob at all these flashes and tunes. I currently have a takeda intake, perrin over pipe, perrin front pipe, perrin non resonated catback system running on my frs. Still not 100% on going FI since many are changing their internals for more boost (where I just want like 230 maybe 250bhp so I don't mind low boost say 5-9 psi). I plan on getting the ft86SF headers w/ no cat for that turbo option need in case I do go turbo. Long story short, what would be best for me to get? The OTF, Unichip, other flashes (I don't know any others lol), or tune my car with ecutek at say, dynosty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2014, 06:09 PM   #65
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio86 View Post
I'm such a noob at all these flashes and tunes. I currently have a takeda intake, perrin over pipe, perrin front pipe, perrin non resonated catback system running on my frs. Still not 100% on going FI since many are changing their internals for more boost (where I just want like 230 maybe 250bhp so I don't mind low boost say 5-9 psi). I plan on getting the ft86SF headers w/ no cat for that turbo option need in case I do go turbo. Long story short, what would be best for me to get? The OTF, Unichip, other flashes (I don't know any others lol), or tune my car with ecutek at say, dynosty?

I am not sure which FI kit you may or may not be going with but your options shoukd be between the OFT or ecutek. Your options for an FI tune are a bit limited with the OFT because they don't support or have base maps for every FI setup yet. Right now your choices are the electricnsuper charger, Vortech supercharger or SBD turbo. Its a super awesome product and kicks ass on NA applications. But, if you decided to say.. Go with and FI setup other than the ones I mentioned you make have to sell and go with ecutek.. Which sucks because its more expense and Shiv is an expert tuner.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #66
Julio86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post
I am not sure which FI kit you may or may not be going with but your options shoukd be between the OFT or ecutek. Your options for an FI tune are a bit limited with the OFT because they don't support or have base maps for every FI setup yet. Right now your choices are the electricnsuper charger, Vortech supercharger or SBD turbo. Its a super awesome product and kicks ass on NA applications. But, if you decided to say.. Go with and FI setup other than the ones I mentioned you make have to sell and go with ecutek.. Which sucks because its more expense and Shiv is an expert tuner.

Well "if" I do go FI I'd probably go with vortech, innovate, greddy turbo (since it already comes with it's headers, and that's pretty much it. Probably go with innovate since there's carb legal option (I'm from Kentucky, but originally from California where I'd need it if I decide to move back to LA)

But from I've read here shiv does sound knowledgable and has swayed me back to OFT from Unichip.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #67
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio86 View Post
Well "if" I do go FI I'd probably go with vortech, innovate, greddy turbo (since it already comes with it's headers, and that's pretty much it. Probably go with innovate since there's carb legal option (I'm from Kentucky, but originally from California where I'd need it if I decide to move back to LA)

But from I've read here shiv does sound knowledgable and has swayed me back to OFT from Unichip.

The unichip would be a huge mistake. As I said earlier, your options are between the OFT and ecutek. You can't go wrong with the OFT. Its less costly, easy to use with real time data logging and Vishnu continued tunes and new product support. If down the road you decide to go with an FI product not supported you can sell it and go ecutek. Ez pz. No license required with OFF unlike ecutek.

I agree with you about the innovative kit. I think they should support it as well. Wink wink... It seems to relate to their strategy of tuning for kits on the lower cost, no nonsense power mods and their is already man innovative owners out their which may indicate a demand.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boofneenee For This Useful Post:
Julio86 (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #68
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
If anyone local to us has an Innovate kit and wants an OFT tune, please email us
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
Boofneenee (07-20-2014), Julio86 (07-20-2014), Malt (07-20-2014), R2 (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #69
Malt

I had originally planned on a vortec kit but after research I changed my mind and have decided on an Innovate kit. The above comment brings more joy than you can imagine as I've been holding off because I didn't want to move to ecutek.

Someone get Shiv an Innovate car ASAP!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
Boofneenee (07-20-2014), Julio86 (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #70
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
If anyone local to us has an Innovate kit and wants an OFT tune, please email us
OOh Shiv... you son of a b!

If that isn't amazing customer service than I don't know what is. its like 6:00 pm on a Sunday and bam.. he is trying to fulfill our requests.

@Julio86 if this doesn't convince you what tuning option to purchase then your just bat shit crazy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Boofneenee For This Useful Post:
Julio86 (07-20-2014)