follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-30-2017, 12:24 AM   #477
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Sinker View Post
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1427586304

With this set up, do you need to modify to car to make the gauges fit or is it as simple as putting them in?

I had to dremel the plastic. My YouTube "install" video shows pics... IraceTV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2017, 01:32 AM   #478
scion fr-s

Drives: 2017 PP BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Anyone tried Jcs pods?

http://www.jcspods.com/
scion fr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:37 PM   #479
Trueweltall

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
I got the Block8head double gauge pod and I'm happy with it.

It was delivered quickly and on time.

Mine doesn't snap into the vent hole like the OEM part, and with the offset gauges, it pops out and leans to the side.

I'm waiting until after I install the second gauge, and then it will easily be fixed with a tiny dab of glue (Amazing Goop, similar to Shoe-Goo).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
Actually, mine simply wasn't pushed in completely. Now, it's pushed in so the tabs lock and it fits perfectly.

How in the world did you get it to snap in place? I have the triple and for the life of me it will not snap into place. At this point I can see the mounting tabs being stressed due to how many times I have pushed on it. At this point I am afraid I will break it trying to get it to snap into place.

Those are the two tabs I am having problems with, no matter what I do they will not click into place.

Edit: For anyone installing Prosport Premium gauges here is how to wire them with vampire clips.

Solid green wire 12v constant -> Red wire on gauge
Red/Blue wire 12v Ignition -> White wire on gauge
Purple wire on dimmer switch -> Orange wire on gauge
Black gauge wire goes to ground.

Last edited by Trueweltall; 03-21-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Trueweltall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #480
DeaconRoc

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueweltall View Post
How in the world did you get it to snap in place? I have the triple and for the life of me it will not snap into place. At this point I can see the mounting tabs being stressed due to how many times I have pushed on it. At this point I am afraid I will break it trying to get it to snap into place.

Those are the two tabs I am having problems with, no matter what I do they will not click into place.

Edit: For anyone installing Prosport Premium gauges here is how to wire them with vampire clips.

Solid green wire 12v constant -> Red wire on gauge
Red/Blue wire 12v Ignition -> White wire on gauge
Purple wire on dimmer switch -> Orange wire on gauge
Black gauge wire goes to ground.
I'm having the same problem so would be interested to hear any solutions too
DeaconRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #481
Trueweltall

I have cut a U shape into the actual dash vent so it mirrors the Block8head piece, now I have an oblong hole for the wires to go through. I thought this would solve the problem but it did not. I have tied some 550 cord around the gauge pod to help pull it into place from the bottom of the dash but this also did not help those two clips circled go into place. Other people have suggested to wiggle it around but that just damages the plastic mounting tabs. I have messaged Block8head on Facebook explaining all of this two him but he wants pictures so he can see what I am trying to do? It doesn't make any sense, it's a vent that pops into the dash man, I have tried numerous ways to do this yet his product will not go into place.

550 cord was tied around the part highlighted in green and I pulled on it from under the dash, did not help those two red clips from snapping into place.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #482
DeaconRoc

Quote:
I have cut a U shape into the actual dash vent so it mirrors the Block8head piece, now I have an oblong hole for the wires to go through. I thought this would solve the problem but it did not. I have tied some 550 cord around the gauge pod to help pull it into place from the bottom of the dash but this also did not help those two clips circled go into place. Other people have suggested to wiggle it around but that just damages the plastic mounting tabs. I have messaged Block8head on Facebook explaining all of this two him but he wants pictures so he can see what I am trying to do? It doesn't make any sense, it's a vent that pops into the dash man, I have tried numerous ways to do this yet his product will not go into place.

550 cord was tied around the part highlighted in green and I pulled on it from under the dash, did not help those two red clips from snapping into place.
Yeah it's the same for me. I have space for the wires but cannot get those two clips to clip into place. Have you tried removing the air vent in the dash below at all and seeing if you can lever the dash top open a bit to help them fit in? That's my next plan.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DeaconRoc For This Useful Post:
Trueweltall (03-25-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 06:20 AM   #483
DeaconRoc

Quote:

I tried what I said this morning of removing the dash vent below which just pulls out of the dash. Once you've done it give you access below the demister hold and you can sort of hold the dash up and pull it away from the gauge pod while you push the gauge pod down. It clipped into place fairly easily doing this. The whole thing took me about 15 mins. Hope that helps you too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeaconRoc For This Useful Post:
sroby (09-14-2020), Trueweltall (03-25-2018)
Old 03-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #484
Trueweltall

Hey! That did help me, I managed to get the left clip in place which is good enough for me. The right one was a little more fatigued and wouldn't go into place. Thanks man!
The Following User Says Thank You to Trueweltall For This Useful Post:
DeaconRoc (03-26-2018)