follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #43
lantsalot
Derp

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
You're welcome to feel like that, but unless you're a police officer it's not your job to control their actions. All you're doing by holding them up is making them drive more aggressively because you're pissing them off.
That being said, i'm not going to drive in a way that i feel is irresponsible because THEY want me to. I'm not going to speed up because they want to go faster. What happens when you wreck your car, or god forbid injure/kill another person, and it's all because the person behind you wanted you to go faster?

The way i see it, as a driver, it is their responsibility to adapt to driving conditions and obstacles that they are presented with, and change their driving behavior accordingly. If there is a solid object in front of them (me) deciding not to break the law or put others at risk, it is their job as a driver to adapt to that. If i were a tree, they wouldn't expect me to get out of the way just because they want to go in that direction, they'd adapt, adjust their path, and avoid me.

But that's just how i see it. Don't get me wrong, i'm not out to kill everyone's fun, or teach anyone a lesson. I just don't think anyone has a right to place my safety and my car at risk because of how they want me to drive.
lantsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #44
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
^^this^^ I must confess I've fallen into this cycle. No good can come from it. Zen is the way but it only counts when it's the tough choice.

Judge not. Turn the other cheek. Love thy neighbor. ...
Around here you get three different people. The first will sit in the left lane and be militantly oblivious to everything around them. Even worse, they'll be militantly oblivious right next to another of their kind, backing up the entire freaking road. They only move to the right when their exit is 1/16 of a mile away.

The second are the "enforcers." They will aggressively block you and keep you from passing so they can feel self righteous and vindicated that they're keeping everyone to the speed limit.

The third are the raging assholes. These are the ones that will pass the above drivers in their own lane and force them off the road, or put a bullet hole in the side of their car.

It's really in everyone's best interest to stay right except to pass, and be content with controlling their own behaviors, not those of everyone around them. For some reason people just can't do it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantsalot View Post
That being said, i'm not going to drive in a way that i feel is irresponsible because THEY want me to. I'm not going to speed up because they want to go faster. What happens when you wreck your car, or god forbid injure/kill another person, and it's all because the person behind you wanted you to go faster?

The way i see it, as a driver, it is their responsibility to adapt to driving conditions and obstacles that they are presented with, and change their driving behavior accordingly. If there is a solid object in front of them (me) deciding not to break the law or put others at risk, it is their job as a driver to adapt to that. If i were a tree, they wouldn't expect me to get out of the way just because they want to go in that direction, they'd adapt, adjust their path, and avoid me.

But that's just how i see it. Don't get me wrong, i'm not out to kill everyone's fun, or teach anyone a lesson. I just don't think anyone has a right to place my safety and my car at risk because of how they want me to drive.
So let them go by and don't hold them up. You drive the speed you want, they drive the speed they want, and everyone's happy.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gramicci101 For This Useful Post:
FlamingRectumSyndrome (11-06-2014), Tcoat (11-03-2014), Ultramaroon (11-03-2014)
Old 11-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #45
jdd

Drives: 2015 FR-S (6MT)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLSP View Post
Money doesn't buy skills (unless you're spending it on track days/autocross). And if you're in a place like Vancouver, a good chunk of exotics and Euro sports cars are driven by new drivers/teenagers.
There is a McLaren with an 'N' (new driver) around Vancouver that is driven by an adolescent.
jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #46
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
There is a McLaren with an 'N' (new driver) around Vancouver that is driven by an adolescent.
They mark new driver vehicles there?
Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #47
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
They want to go faster than you're going. Why not let them go?
I'm not stopping them. If they want to pass me, they're welcome to do so. As I clearly wrote above, I don't speed up when they try to pass or block them from passing. I just don't feel it necessary to pull off the road for every dipshit who decides to be an asshole. If I were driving farm equipment, yeah, I'd pull off. But when I'm doing the speed limit or better, the assholes can wait for a straight stretch to pass.

And that goes two ways. When I come up behind someone who is going slower than I want to go, I don't turn into an asshole and tailgate them. I just relax and wait for my chance to go around. If that chance doesn't come, no big deal.

It's a public road after all. It's too bad so many people just don't know how to behave in public.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (11-06-2014), lantsalot (11-06-2014), Ultramaroon (11-07-2014)
Old 11-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #48
Tromatic
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 1,728 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lantsalot View Post
Some of us feel that it's irresponsible to drive like that on public roadways. On a track, you mess up--whatever, that's on you. You suffer the consequences, but on a roadway, you can mess up other people.
So you are one of those clowns who can't do at least the posted limit when CAVU? You are more dangerous to others than I am. Willing to bet I am a far more responsible and aware driver than 99% of those zombies I share the road with.
Tromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #49
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
driving is a privilege, not a right. too many fucking dipshits on the road, and the number seems to increase every year.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #50
jdmblood

Drives: white subaru brz
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
or when "faster" cars chase you and cant keep up...
jdmblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:23 PM   #51
Deep Six

Drives: 2013 FRS / 2013 427 Vert
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post
So you are one of those clowns who can't do at least the posted limit when CAVU? You are more dangerous to others than I am. Willing to bet I am a far more responsible and aware driver than 99% of those zombies I share the road with.

This is so true. One car on a multiple lane highway doing 10 under is far more dangerous than those who are going 10 over. Fact is the pace of uncongested traffic is always somewhat over the posted, and slow moving cars force people to reduce speed and or change lanes without predetermination......its chaos.
2013 FR-S Asphalt BC Coils/Rev Works UEL header/HKS Front Pipe/Racing Brake BBK/Shorai LW Battery/ACT 6 Puck Clutch/FBM Radiator & Oil Pan/JR Oil Cooler/Jackson Racing High Boost C30/Rev Works Built Motor
2016 Audi TTS APR Tuned
Deep Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:28 AM   #52
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
This guy?

m.box.design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #53
Error

Drives: FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
They mark new driver vehicles there?
Yeah, here in the lower mainland a lot of supercars are owned by rich teenagers of mostly asian descent. In BC (as far as I know) we have to display our N badges on the back of our cars until we are able to get a full license after at least two years of driving. They're designed to warn other drivers that "hey I just started driving by myself, be a little cautious of me please, thank you". Most teenagers with supercars display it as a "I'm from a rich family" stamp though.
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Error For This Useful Post:
jdd (11-07-2014), Tcoat (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #54
lantsalot
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post
You're easily butthurt. I never once mentioned not going the speed limit, and to be honest, 99% of the situations i'm involved in are when i'm already going comfortably above the speed limit, and other people just want to race car like idiots. But hey, it's always easier to 'call someone out' behind the safety of a keyboard.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #55
lantsalot
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
I'm not stopping them. If they want to pass me, they're welcome to do so. As I clearly wrote above, I don't speed up when they try to pass or block them from passing. I just don't feel it necessary to pull off the road for every dipshit who decides to be an asshole. If I were driving farm equipment, yeah, I'd pull off. But when I'm doing the speed limit or better, the assholes can wait for a straight stretch to pass.

And that goes two ways. When I come up behind someone who is going slower than I want to go, I don't turn into an asshole and tailgate them. I just relax and wait for my chance to go around. If that chance doesn't come, no big deal.

It's a public road after all. It's too bad so many people just don't know how to behave in public.
Seriously, i don't get what's so hard to understand about this. But everyone feels so god damned entitled to everything that THIS behavior offends them, and they start to drive like assholes, or insult each other on message boards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lantsalot For This Useful Post:
extrashaky (11-06-2014), Ultramaroon (11-07-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #56
Vancityfrs

Drives: Whiteout frs
Quote:
The red one? or the blue one? or the grey one? -
Its a little ridiculous
Vancityfrs is offline   Reply With Quote