follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 01-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #85
Euro7R

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Having traction light + Abs light on while driving. Happened first time last week on the way to work and it goes away when I shut off the car and turn it back on. Fast forward after a few days of driving, came back again. Turned off car and back on, lights disappear.

Both times I didn't have my OBD2 with me to see if I can even pull up any codes. Just irritating and annoyed with the lights showing up. What gives.....
Euro7R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:55 PM   #86
Cubix

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm getting this issue too. Only mod I really have is the 4th brake light. I thought that was causing it so I disconnected it but I still get it from time to time. It seems to happen at low speed situations, like when I'm chugging through a parking lot or creeping at a stoplight. It goes away after turning the car off and doesn't come back for a while.

No idea what's going on.
Cubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #87
nmctacticz
2010 WRX - 2015 FRS

Drives: 2015 FRS
Garage
Are you sure its your traction control light and not your skid recovery light?? I believe abs and skid recovery lights mean your steering angle sensor is out of wack and you may need a wheel alignment. Dont quote me on it though, i would take it to the dealer
Old 05-15-2017, 05:31 PM   #88
ShibaYuki

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ Sport-tech
Garage
I've had the same problem before.
Check your brake sensor, it's right underneath the pedal. If your trac/abs light comes on again, check if your cruise control is working and check if your vsc turns off and on. Also check when the light do come on, check if your brake lights turn on when your pressing the pedal.
If that's the case, then high chance it's your brake sensor. You can go to the dealership to get it fixed.
ShibaYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #89
Euro7R

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
I got this fixed in March, indeed it was a break sensor busted.
Euro7R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #90
westend

Drives: Raven FRS
Just wanted to share my experience with this problem so far...

I had the ABS and skid recovery light come on intermittently at the beginning of the summer. Both times they came on I turned the car off and back on again and the problem was solved. Fast forward a couple months and the same issue starts happening more frequently, often times right as soon as I turn the car on.

Took it into the dealership where they diagnosed and told me my brake lights were non-functional.

Dealership took a week to get the backordered part from Cali and then install. Everything was great until a week after the same lights came up but this time my brake lights were still functional. Hasn't happened again since

Gonna bring it by my independent next time it comes up to scan for codes/check ABS actuator. Fill you guys in when that happens
westend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:42 AM   #91
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim35ct View Post
i just had mine fixed it turned out to be an adjustment with the brake pedal sensor or switch. there is a tsb on this issue according to what they wrote in the notes on the repair bill.
Necro'ing dead thread and quoting yourself and myself just in case anyone had the same problem. Here is the TSB for the same issue, and how to fix it from home (easy fix.)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67825

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
I just recently had to do this. Got ABS and Stability control lights on the dash and brake lights would not come on. Didn't want to go to the dealer so I replaced it myself.

Part number for Scion/Toyota is SU003-02490 SWITCH STOP LP LED for my 2013 FR-S.

1. Bought a new switch online for ~$20 and replaced the old one (just in case)
2. Forgot to adjust the switch and the lights came back on (of course)
3. Adjusted the switch by: rotating it to unlock it
4. Then pulling it out to let the brake pedal come all the way to the top if its travel. 5. Then I pushed the switch in gently until the button was full depressed.
6. Finally, I rotated the switch clockwise to lock it in.

Dashboard lights turned off immediately and brake lights work again.

All good.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #92
jslack

Drives: 2017 Red subaru BRZ Limited
Ok. I’m getting the abs and traction light and seems to only come on in the night time. And now noticed my side marker lights are also not coming on. Could that be related??? Just had an alignment and the brake lights work fine too. Only thing left is to check the sensors. But it only happens at night time. Any help would be great.
jslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:46 AM   #93
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslack View Post
Ok. I’m getting the abs and traction light and seems to only come on in the night time. And now noticed my side marker lights are also not coming on. Could that be related??? Just had an alignment and the brake lights work fine too. Only thing left is to check the sensors. But it only happens at night time. Any help would be great.
I literally just fixed this issue 2 hours ago.

For the side markers, check your tail lights. If your tail lights are on, but your side markers are not, that means your bulbs are out. If both are out, check the fuse inside the car under the driver dash. The fuse puller is in the fuse box under the hood.

For ABS and Traction Light, if your alignment is out of wack, it could cause the lights to go off. I just had a brake job done and I don't know what happened, so I was thinking possible wheel sensor (pricey).

I almost ordered the brake lamp sensor (roughly 20-25 dollars on ebay), and I called every dealer, Subaru and Toyota, and no one carries this part in stock. I just adjusted the switch by turning it counter clockwise and moving it away from the pedal and it fixed my issue. Didn't need to replace anything.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N1rve For This Useful Post:
Teseo (02-17-2024)
Old 08-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #94
jslack

N1rve, Thanks for the input. I believe my tail lights are working with the side markers out. So I'll be checking my fuses today. Again, this morning on my way to work, as I start the car with the headlights automatically turning on, the ABS and traction light comes on. I got to work, turned the car off and turned all the headlights off and restarted the car, and...... the ABS and traction light did not come on. Sooo, hopefully this is just the way the car is telling me to check for a blown fuse for those side markers. I'll also adjust my stop brake sensor when I'm down looking at the fuses too. But I believe I've got this problem isolated to just in the night time when the headlights and such are activated. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #95
N1rve

Quote:
N1rve, Thanks for the input. I believe my tail lights are working with the side markers out. So I'll be checking my fuses today. Again, this morning on my way to work, as I start the car with the headlights automatically turning on, the ABS and traction light comes on. I got to work, turned the car off and turned all the headlights off and restarted the car, and...... the ABS and traction light did not come on. Sooo, hopefully this is just the way the car is telling me to check for a blown fuse for those side markers. I'll also adjust my stop brake sensor when I'm down looking at the fuses too. But I believe I've got this problem isolated to just in the night time when the headlights and such are activated. I'll keep you all posted.
Correction, not tail lights, but license plate lights. Those are on the same fuse. If your license plate lights are on, that means it's just the bulb burned out. Get some HP5 from Diode Dynamics to replace them. Dealer quoted me 60 dollars installed with OEM bulbs.

If the ABS and Traction light turns off and comes back on later, it might just be the brake sensor.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Old 08-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #96
jslack

Yup. That's exactly what I see those two CEL on. I'll look for the license plate lights too, but I'm guessing fuse since both of the side markers are off.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:37 PM   #97
N1rve

Quote:
Yup. That's exactly what I see those two CEL on. I'll look for the license plate lights too, but I'm guessing fuse since both of the side markers are off.
Side marker lights might just be a burned out bulb.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:13 AM   #98
jslack

Well checked all my fuses and they were all good, so must be a bulb issue. Are the side markers wired independantly?? or if one goes both go out?? But I also drove into work this morning and they came on as normal. I parked, shut off all the automated head light systems and waited a minute, started the car and the ABS lights stayed off, so next is changing bulbs, after that them I'm completely stumped.