follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 02-16-2024, 08:29 PM   #1
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Drives: Launch-Year Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
► APEX Wheels | Survey For New Wheel Designs, Fitments, & Finishes

APEX Wheels | Universal JDM / KDM Wheel Survey

Interested in lightweight wheels for your JDM/KDM machine? Let us know!

Hello everyone! Here at Apex, we are constantly working on new wheel options to best serve all of the various enthusiast communities out there. Specifically we’ve got some things in the works for our JDM/KDM fans and we would love to hear some feedback from you directly!

The purpose of this survey is to hear directly from you about what your ideal wheel looks like. We want to know which wheel design style is more appealing to you such as a 5 spoke versus a 6 spoke. Prioritize wheel concavity or big brake clearance? Forged or Flow Formed?

You get the picture.

As a motorsport oriented wheel company our goal first and foremost is to provide enthusiasts with functional solutions that improve performance and the driving experience. To ensure we deliver on that, our survey will also ask questions about how you enjoy your car, and what modifications you have or plan to have in the near future.

We truly appreciate your feedback!

Phone: 925.245.0773 | experts@apexwheels.com | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Blog
APEX Race Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to APEX Race Parts For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (02-27-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 11:12 AM   #2
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm probably not in your target customer base, but I'll through in my 2 cents:

For finishes, I'm a fan of silver, bronze, or anthracite/gray. Black doesn't do anything for me. For a short time I owned a set of FL-5's for a BMW in your Race Silver. Loved the color and liked it much better than a clear coating over the brushed aluminum.

As for style for this platform I waffle between something like a chunky 5-spoke wheel, and something a little more traditional like your EC-7.

Again, probably not what you're after, but if you made the EC-7 in an 18x8 and a silver finish for this platform I'd probably be well on my way to having a new set of daily wheels for my car.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 05:54 PM   #3
Tatsu333

Drives: 2020 BRZ Sport Tech RS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I filled out the survey, but thought I'd post here as well! Basically, what I'd like to see is your existing SM10 flow-formed wheel in fitments for the BRZ/86. 17x9, 18x8.5 or 18x9, with ET42 - 35 offsets, in Race Silver or Satin Bronze.

EDIT: Almost forgot - with clearance for the factory Brembo brakes