follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 02-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #15
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by so26 View Post
Not yet but I'd like to put the 4" version of the infinity speakers in the rear.
The tech/install guy who installed my sub in the trunk 10 days ago says that it would be easy enough to install 5.25" or 6.5" speakers in the back - says the mounting bracket for the stock ones could just be cut back and that there's plenty of depth for a bigger speaker. He said if it were him he'd just leave the smaller hole for the bigger speakers.

I may eventually replace the doors and backs with Memphis 6.5s... but the sub addition made a really big difference. I bought the Rockford Fosgate P300-10 powered sub for $153 shipped.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...e_P300-10.aspx

It fits almost perfectly under the back deck - so much so that if you turn it a bit sideways, it won't move at all. Don't expect to blow the back window - but I wasn't looking for that. I wanted enough bass to fill out the bottom and be able to feel it a bit in the car.At low volumes the stock system had ZERO bass. Now it sounds balanced. With the sub turned all the way up and the deck at 70%+ volume, the rear view mirror shakes. On some songs I actually turn the sub down a bit because it overwhelms the mids and highs. It enabled me to turn the 3 lowest bands of the EQ in the stock deck down a couple notches - which reduced some of the rattles in the doors.

If you're looking to make the stock system sound decent for a very reasonable amount of money, I'd recommend the Rockford.
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #16
so26

Drives: Raven FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos2sayJay View Post
Can you explain how you did this? I want to do the same thing, but I'm not sure I understand the concept. I know the 3.5 inch speaker won't receive a signal if the stock tweeter harness is not connected, how do you bypass that?
The little red wires pushed into the wiring harness as seen in last pic of my 1st post shows you how to jump the connects.
so26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #17
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onefitz View Post
Found a lot of that rattling is actually coming from the window/door lock control boxes. A little sound deadening stuck to them to keep it from rattling made a world of difference.
I hot glued the crap outa all bits and pieces that connected to other bits and pieces, as well as the sound deadener. SILENCE