follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #211
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
gonna happen! why? money!
they know you will buy it!
whether it makes sense or not!
don't matter! get your "coin" ready!
I seriously think you are insane. All of your posts seem like you are on a coked out, freak out, high.
Burrcold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burrcold For This Useful Post:
Turbowned (10-26-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #212
Synack
Boosted

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I heard they're gonna ship 2014.5 FR-S's with an SR20 and 2015 BRZ's with an RB26. The GT86 in Japan is rumored to get a 2JZ-GTTTTTTTE and is said to be built to compete with the Bugatti Veyron.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #213
Dorb

Drives: 16 LM STI/13 LM BRZ/04 AVALANCHE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
All the guy did was post an article he saw. Not like he made it up himself. Some of us get news from other sources then just here. Folks you can simply not click and not post on this thread if it bothers ya so much - go post another thing that you did with you car today - that never gets old. (I like the classic complain until they lock it move.)
I thought everyone was here because they love this car and would want to see it improved and made better. I'll say one thing it is entertaining.
Believe me when this dies down and another wave of info "leaks" out there will be another post and another...
Try to remember, not everyone here already has a BRZ, some of us may still undecided and here to find out as much about this car as we can and to learn a thing or two about it- (Not to mention when to lay down some hard earned greenbacks to get the best version we can.) I really do love hearing about what the folks who have the car are finding out driving/owning it as well as what may or may not be coming around the corner.
Dorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #214
jadewbj

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistpoint View Post
Good job on the FEATURES comparo...at least one of you ignored the Accord part and concentrated on what I was saying instead.

I disagree on the cost of engineering the LCoG aspect though and countered it with all the NVH of the other vehicle.

The curb weight comes down to physical size more than anything else, and incidentally the Honda is lighter than the previous model by about 100lbs...so Honda also spent money decreasing weight, if we are going to include weight savings a an added cost.

The electric steering according to the videos lacks a physical part that other cars w/o electric steering require. It could be argued that it is actually the cheaper method. I don't have that answer though.

Does changing the style of the seat make it cost more? Yes, I know aftermarket seats certainly do, but that doesn't mean they actually cost more to produce, only that the profit margin is larger. Which brings me right back to the whole point I was making in the first place and that was that the twins are at maximum price, and adding a turbo would be difficult to do and keep the car in a respectable price range when compared to vehicles that are in direct competition(NOT the Accord which was used only as a reference to features).
I have to disagree on the NVH. It is a lot easier to make a car quiet than to achieve the lowest center of gravity in a car other than two super cars.

Also they removed 100lbs from the car from the previous model but in no way did they make it a light weight car, so you really can't claim that as a feature of the car.
jadewbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #215
jadewbj

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
I heard they're gonna ship 2014.5 FR-S's with an SR20 and 2015 BRZ's with an RB26. The GT86 in Japan is rumored to get a 2JZ-GTTTTTTTE and is said to be built to compete with the Bugatti Veyron.

jadewbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #216
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
First: Can't we just have a single combined "Forced Induction Rumors Thread?"

Second: Why would you compare this to an accord? They have no similarities and base price is not usually decided by features, if it were, you could buy a lotus exige s for just over 15k.

Third: I agree with whoever made the ITB comment.

Finally: The car is about being a blank canvas. They wanted to make a true tuners car and allow the owner to decide the car's destiny. Many will stay stock, some will get light mods, and others will become track monsters. Toyota/ Subaru just wanted to give you the starting point. Eventually there will be better trims, limited exitions, etc. Is a forced induction model possible? Yes. Anything is possible. It's not like a contract banning FI was signed, but the car is selling incredibly well without it. Why not keep making money without spending more money? My guess is IF a FI edition comes it will be in the form of a factory aftermarket kit or will be a while. It will not be out in the first 2-3 years. Also don't forget that Tada has also announced this is only the beginning and Toyota has other sports cars coming. The 86 will not be the major focus.

Alright that's all I wanted to say.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #217
TheSt|G

Drives: BRZ L 6MT, 128i 6MT, E39 M5, E36 M3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I seriously think you are insane. All of your posts seem like you are on a coked out, freak out, high.
This right here. I get the same vibe every time.

Also found out that Beyer Subaru is awesome in this thread.
TheSt|G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #218
Beyer Subaru

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP 6AT Ltd
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Errmerrgherrd! We've been merged!
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beyer Subaru For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (10-25-2012), Tanuki (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #219
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
That's all I asked for, and you delivered.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #220
TheSt|G

Drives: BRZ L 6MT, 128i 6MT, E39 M5, E36 M3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post

Finally: The car is about being a blank canvas. They wanted to make a true tuners car and allow the owner to decide the car's destiny.
Exactly. People need to watch the development video. They clearly say the only thing that they wanted to really deliver was the chassis. Power and grip can be changed by the end user, the chassis not nearly as much.
TheSt|G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #221
Beyer Subaru

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP 6AT Ltd
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #222
chrisrefaei

Drives: 2008 Eclipse Spyder, 2010 ralliart
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRES86 View Post
You all can hold your breath until your face turns rally blue waiting for the BRZ to get a factory turbo/STI application, I'm not waiting! Im gonna run a Vortech supercharger and blow by all the stock BRZ's in a sideways drift, lol! That would be cool thoughif Subie released a 2.0T BRZ, I know that Toyota is building a TRD supercharger for the FR-S that has been confirmed.
Exactly besides you can go to a car meet and people will be more impressed that you put in a aftermarket Forced induction system than you coming into the lot with a factory turbo tuned car. And the Best part you can do it now instead of having to wait, there are many turbo and a few Super charger kits that are making great numbers im just waiting too see which is the most reliable and dependable so far till I make my decision with. I really want to go Turbo'd cause I miss that Blow off sound I had in my Ralliart but would also like to try going Supercharged cause A.) Ive never been or had the experience behind one and B.) I'd love to have power through out the Band.
chrisrefaei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #223
Synack
Boosted

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrefaei View Post
Exactly besides you can go to a car meet and people will be more impressed that you put in a aftermarket Forced induction system than you coming into the lot with a factory turbo tuned car. And the Best part you can do it now instead of having to wait, there are many turbo and a few Super charger kits that are making great numbers im just waiting too see which is the most reliable and dependable so far till I make my decision with. I really want to go Turbo'd cause I miss that Blow off sound I had in my Ralliart but would also like to try going Supercharged cause A.) Ive never been or had the experience behind one and B.) I'd love to have power through out the Band.
Coming from a turbo FR-S, I say get the supercharger.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #224
chrisrefaei

Drives: 2008 Eclipse Spyder, 2010 ralliart
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
Coming from a turbo FR-S, I say get the supercharger.
Hehe you dont like it? What about the 400kit from Accelerated Performance?
chrisrefaei is offline   Reply With Quote