follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 10-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #85
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I bet mine is set to Tc. lol. Will check it tomorrow.
mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #86
Clembo
'Senior' Junior Member

Drives: 13 FR-S,08 Mustang Bullitt,06 MX-5
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Didn't read the entire thread and it's probably in there but Tc is the default setting for the Scion radios which are used in all models. I almost didn't buy one because the stereo in my test drive FR-S sounded so bad. Read the manual in the glovebox, switched it to the FR-S setting and bought the car. Had to show the dealer what to do to change it - no one there had a clue there were different settings for the different model Scions. When I left they were going from car to car, changing the radios to the proper settings.

Why am I not surprised?

"You'll never know if you don't try" - Shinroko Momose
Clembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #87
qganja

Drives: 10 series frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
well mine was set to frs but after i got the oem audio, they said to change it to tc. and it sounds more better than frs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
qganja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #88
Casper

Drives: Hot Lava Scion FR-S
I could be wrong about this, but I think it's just the default setting. Mine was set to tC when I drove it off the lot, but noticed when I got home and tinkered with the HU.

Then last weekend, I factory reset the head unit and was going through some settings. tC was set once again.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #89
F1fletch

Drives: 13 FR-S AT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuleas View Post
Thank you so, so much for this post. Wow - the difference between tC and FRS settings was unbelievable. I wanted to switch head units/add speakers because I thought the sound system was unusally crappy even for a stock system. Now, I can live with this setup for a bit longer...

Below the option for "Car Type", there's one for "Opening". Mine said "Scion" (as I'm sure most of you had), but I changed it to saying "Hello James!" when it starts. Keep in mind it will only say it upon ignition, not if you just switch to the "ON" position. It will stay there for a few seconds if you don't touch it. Nice touch, Scion!

Also, if anyone is interested, Sub control was off on mine by default. Setting it on put Sub control in my audio menu, which once again, made it sound far more awesome than I previously thought!
Interesting, I am unsure how this would effect a stock stereo without a sub by turning it on (unless of course you have one).
Edit: Turned it on and adjusted in the settings menu with no effect to the system without a sub.

I wish there was a detailed description of all of the settings and how they actually effect the sound. Trial and error is fine and all, but I would really like the technical explanation of these sound processing functions. I too am going to have to live with the stock radio for some time and want to get the most out of the stereo. Through a combination of settings (hidden or otherwise) I am sure the sound can be made liveable. I am going to play with settings and report back....

Last edited by F1fletch; 01-30-2014 at 06:18 PM.
F1fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #90
OrangeJuleas

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
Interesting, I am unsure how this would effect a stock stereo without a sub by turning it on (unless of course you have one).
Edit: Turned it on and adjusted in the settings menu with no effect to the system without a sub.

I wish there was a detailed description of all of the settings and how they actually effect the sound. Trial and error is fine and all, but I would really like the technical explanation of these sound processing functions. I too am going to have to live with the stock radio for some time and want to get the most out of the stereo. Through a combination of settings (hidden or otherwise) I am sure the sound can be made liveable. I am going to play with settings and report back....
Yeah...thinking back on it now, it probably didn't make too much difference, but you should have heard how bad the audio was before. It sounded like someone was playing my music via Bluetooth from a stereo in the trunk. Maybe I was so happy to have hearable music that I exaggerated a little. Would be interesting to know if this actually does change anything!

I'm not insane, in fact I'm kinda rational, when I be asking y'all, "Where did all the passion go?"
OrangeJuleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #91
whoster

Drives: an car
My favourite setting so far in my '14 is the tuning for the xB, in Natural mode.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #92
Hayseed

Drives: Scion FR-S
Sat down in car and played with this car model setting with Bespoke system in FRS. Tried all the settings with a good song with a lot of range. All were terrible, but the tC and FRS were the best and very close in performance. Finally convinced that tC was better of the two.

Overall the stock stereo isn't very good (came from a very nice Acura TL factory system) and I'm looking to replace it all anyway. I just found it interesting about all the talk here about the wrong setting coming by default I found the tC better.
Hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #93
TheAsianPersuasion

Drives: 2013 Firestorm MT
THANKS!
TheAsianPersuasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #94
SuperKazRacing

Drives: 2013 RED FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
THANKS MINE TOO!!!
SuperKazRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #95
cbo305

Drives:
Mine was still on TC too. Thank you!!!!!!!!!! It sounds so much better now!
cbo305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #96
Aktane

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Hot Lava OFT Tuned
Guys!!! Change it to "IQ"....trust me on this. I did it accidentally and I have way deeper bass and the tinny sound is totally gone.

Someone confirm this on their FrS please!!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #97
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Drives: '91 MR2 Gen3 3SGTE, '13 FRS
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Incredible! After 1.5 years of owning my car, it was set.on Tc the whole time! I always wondered why the stereo sounded kind of off. Like too much bass rattle.

Finally have it set to FRS, instantly it sounds better.

Thanks!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #98
86geek

Drives: 2015 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
For me setting it to TC sounds much better.
86geek is offline   Reply With Quote