follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #4901
teetsdownlow

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Worst case, call Delicious tuning. They are all great people and very helpful. I called one day and didn't leave a message because I was at work. Within an hour I get a call back from Zach. Never did I feel rushed, he let me think as long as I needed, any possible questions that I may have for him, the company, or the ft86 itself. Fantastic company and they have my full support
teetsdownlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #4902
Brz866

Drives: Series Blue WRB JRSC C38 HBP Flex
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I've worked with Zach at delicious tuning since the first day I installed my JRSC. Tuned on stock pulley and 93 octane and then even tuned for HBP. Always a pleasant experience and has to be one of the best and most knowledgeable tuners for our platform. And yes I have dyno shops around here in Pittsburgh area but I have absolutely no problem with my current remote tune.
Brz866 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brz866 For This Useful Post:
e30kawi (02-25-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 03:30 PM   #4903
S. Snake

Drives: 13' Asphalt
Had a quick question for anyone who removed thir JRSC for dealer maintenance, if the dealer reflashes your ECU does the ecutek license go away? (PS I know I've seen it here on the forums before but cannot find it for the life of me.)

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #4904
JDMChris

Drives: 2016
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDMChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Snake View Post
Had a quick question for anyone who removed thir JRSC for dealer maintenance, if the dealer reflashes your ECU does the ecutek license go away? (PS I know I've seen it here on the forums before but cannot find it for the life of me.)

Reflashing the ECU does not remove the license.
JDMChris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDMChris For This Useful Post:
S. Snake (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #4905
S. Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMChris View Post
Reflashing the ECU does not remove the license.
I know flashing it with ecutek software doesn't ( I just reverted back to a stock tune from the ecutek website.) I was just wondering if anything the dealer hooks up to the ECU might wipe out the flash license. At the end of the day im sure I can request they don't mess with it but would like a definite yes or no so I can budget paying for a new license if needed. Thanks for the response though!

Old 02-25-2019, 04:46 PM   #4906
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,065 Times in 774 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
it probably would overwrite the license. If you keep very good log of your car with Proecu, like doing a Query Ecu the day before bringing in, and you somehow loose your license, and the query ecu again, you have proof your car lost the license and if you contact ecutek support they would probably reallocate it for you on your kit/dongle
tomm.brz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
S. Snake (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #4907
S. Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
it probably would overwrite the license. If you keep very good log of your car with Proecu, like doing a Query Ecu the day before bringing in, and you somehow loose your license, and the query ecu again, you have proof your car lost the license and if you contact ecutek support they would probably reallocate it for you on your kit/dongle
Okay will do! I'll get in contact with support beforehand to make sure but thanks for the advice!

Old 03-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #4908
kowalski

Drives: 2016 brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
repositioning bypass valve - need for a retune?

Hi there.

I just realized my bypass recirculating valve was not properly installed. The vacuum nipple where the tiny hose attaches faces towards the bottom of the car, instead of facing towards the driver fender (as per JRSC instructions). So I am guessing the compression and recirculating of the air is quite messed up (if it is not working in the opposite direction). Anyhow, Zach from DT managed to tune the car as it was. Now, my question is if installed properly, I would need to retune the ecu or is it safe to drive with the same tune as before.

Thanks...
kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #4909
mrg666
pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Hi there.

I just realized my bypass recirculating valve was not properly installed. The vacuum nipple where the tiny hose attaches faces towards the bottom of the car, instead of facing towards the driver fender (as per JRSC instructions). So I am guessing the compression and recirculating of the air is quite messed up (if it is not working in the opposite direction). Anyhow, Zach from DT managed to tune the car as it was. Now, my question is if installed properly, I would need to retune the ecu or is it safe to drive with the same tune as before.

Thanks...
The positive pressure of compressor and vacuum on the nipple should be on opposite sides to work together in opening the valve when recirculation valve is installed properly. The way you installed, the positive pressure of compressor will counter the vacuum and recirculation valve will not quickly open when you release the throttle while compressor is still in boost which is necessary to prevent compressor surge that can cause damage. Your tune might be off at idle since valve may not be opening but the tune should be okay at higher rpm where valve will be closed anyway. Just fix the valve installation immediately before causing any surge damage to the compressor and check how engine is running at idle. If you get rough idle or a check engine light, you can get another revision of the tune ... I think
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrg666 For This Useful Post:
kowalski (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 08:03 PM   #4910
kowalski

Drives: 2016 brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
Just fix the valve installation immediately before causing any surge damage to the compressor and check how engine is running at idle. If you get rough idle or a check engine light, you can get another revision of the tune ... I think
Thanks @mrg666. I just sent an email to Delicious Tuning to see what they think. And you are right on spot. At higher rpms I have no problems and you can hear the valve releasing pressure. No loss of boost. But I have been experiencing some minor engine hesitation after the engine gets warm or just after pulls.

Enviado desde mi SM-A730F mediante Tapatalk
kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #4911
Casey10s

Drives: 2013 white limited BRZ
I will be having the valve springs replaced on my 2013 in a few weeks. The dealer does not have an issue that I have the JRSC. Whatever fluids that I want to use are fine with them as long as I supply the non-Subaru items.

I looked around including the Jackson Racing site and some other places but I can't find how much Rotrex Traction Fluid it takes to refill the system. Can someone help me?
Casey10s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #4912
S. Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey10s View Post
I will be having the valve springs replaced on my 2013 in a few weeks. The dealer does not have an issue that I have the JRSC. Whatever fluids that I want to use are fine with them as long as I supply the non-Subaru items.

I looked around including the Jackson Racing site and some other places but I can't find how much Rotrex Traction Fluid it takes to refill the system. Can someone help me?
Should take a little less than one liter of the blue juice. Same as what comes with the kit when you first receive it. Iirc the blue juice is $100 for a liter from Jackson.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:46 PM   #4913
Casey10s

Drives: 2013 white limited BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Snake View Post
Should take a little less than one liter of the blue juice. Same as what comes with the kit when you first receive it. Iirc the blue juice is $100 for a liter from Jackson.
Thanks, I have a liter on order. Hopefully it will show up on time. If not, I have some left over in another bottle.
Casey10s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #4914
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,175 Times in 6,834 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
If you're doing a fluid exchange, bleeding out 1L will be perfect.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote