follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #43
2013GTRNate

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzario View Post
There's too much to respond to via my phone but this is EXACTLY the conversation I wanted to initiate.

It's not that I'm worried about others. It's like the 'Honda-guy' thing that Honda owners can't escape. This, in conjunction with the lack of 'serious' people in the area was enough to make me consider selling it and going back to what I know. Shit man saving the monthly payment was another plus haha.

Chip on my shoulder? I think it's because I'm being sarcastic. Don't read too much into it, man.
Dead on accurate... THIS IS EXACTLY RIGHT!...

My BRZ's thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47467
2013GTRNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #44
jebuwh
Village Idiot

Drives: '13 FR-S Ultramarine Manual
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I really think there are cool guys and douches in every scene. We just had a meet in the 626 area with twins, mustangs, 370s, a couple 240s, and a couple Hondas... Awesome group. We all talked about each others cars, joked, had a great time. Then a bunch of us went on a canyon run, got to the top and there was a big douche group talking crap on every one of our cars. Why? Haha
jebuwh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jebuwh For This Useful Post:
unsurety (06-28-2014)
Old 06-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #45
diss7
Banned

Drives: AE86, 2x GT86, TE27
Thanked 1,179 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
That's where small fb groups are better. Weed out the keyboard drifters and we're left with 50 or so guys that all care a similar interest and can all contribute and appreciate what is being posted.

There's no hate in there. Because the people that deserve that hate never get in.
diss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diss7 For This Useful Post:
dizzario (06-21-2014)
Old 06-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #46
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annahra View Post
I think you look cute! Surprised more guys don't talk to you.

It IS awkward being a girl and going to a car event alone, though. I feel like guys don't expect you to be there by yourself if you aren't there working*, so there's definitely some reluctance there. And it's hard if you're trying to learn/just getting into cars/NOT looking for a date. I definitely have to work up the courage to go alone since my boyfriend is not super social. I've met some nice people though!

* Edited to add, I posted this before I went to local Cars and Coffee. At the event, had some guys talking to me about my car. To be fair, I was dressed for work (read overdressed for Cars and Coffee), but they definitely asked me if I worked for a dealership after I talked for a few minutes about the car.
Daww. Thanks friend. :>

Yea its totally different for girls than it is for guys and I 100% agree with you.

I also noticed it as well when I was dressed up for work (I was wearing black slacks and my light blue dress shirt) There is a completely different demeanor about guys who approached me. When they did of course.

My boyfriend also doesn't like going to meets as much. He thinks I check out other people. >:/ Which I do. Lol Other than that I search for uniquely done cars and the products they use. haha

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #47
dizzario
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diss7 View Post
That's where small fb groups are better. Weed out the keyboard drifters and we're left with 50 or so guys that all care a similar interest and can all contribute and appreciate what is being posted.

There's no hate in there. Because the people that deserve that hate never get in.
Dude I can't stand 'fakers'. I don't slide this car because I can't afford the tires AND a car payment. In my s-chassis it was a different story.

The sad fact is that people fake it because we live in a generation where we don't want to call anyone on their bullshit. I'm not saying to go out and verbally attack people minding their own business but when they shoot off their big mouths and it's abundantly clear that they're lying then SAY SOMETHING.

I HATE seeing Fatlace stickers on OEM cars. I hate seeing Japanese street club/team stickers on poorly put together cars. Both entities have a certain reputation and unless you're emulating them then why are you slapping their stickers on your shit? Because you're too lazy to get to a point where even those entities would recognize you?

Should a bone-stock Honda Accord with smoked-out tail lights and underglow have a Mugen banner on the front windshield? Should a Nissan Altima with 19" chrome rims have an eBay NISMO badge on it's trunk? The answer is no...but over the internet anything can be bought and in today's society you can do whatever you want because hurting feelings isn't permitted.

If I put a Risky Devil banner on my car (obviously not affiliated) I wouldn't be surprised by person who called me out. Kids (in CA especially) are allowed to fake everything they do.
dizzario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #48
PMPB

Drives: BRZ Sport-tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A new and hot (sexy) and cheap sport car is going to draw all sorts of people. It's accessible to young enthusiasts who are willing to spend all their coin. It's a decent car for people who want to DD a sport car who hold down a regular job. It's a car that teens can beg their parents to buy for them, and soon these cars will be flooding the second hand market where you'll see tons of hoonigans snapping them up and slamming them to the ground on cut springs with 20" chromed wheels and limo tinted windows.

Notice, in the above paragraph I could be speaking about any modern sports car, not just the BRZ.

If you're just interested in the crowd, either make specific friend withing THIS community and have meets with them or buy a car that will attract specific mature enthusiasts.

Lotus Elise/Exige community if you want a modern car. This is less accessible, and the car is really niche, so it attracts only people who specifically LOVE that car for DD and or track use.

The Mazda Miata community, because no hoon or 'teenage boy' (I'm speaking of mentality here, not age) will be seen even dead in the driver seat of that car.

There are probably really great communities surrounding some vintage sports cars like TR6, MGB/A, etc. etc.
PMPB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PMPB For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (06-22-2014)
Old 06-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #49
m.wood0213
Driving Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Most twins in my area are completely stock. I've seen 15-20 so far and only one has had mods and another drove like a jackass.
“This isn’t a supercar, it’s a sports car. It sacrifices rear seats yes but it just feels alive. Pure, direct, immediate. The other two are going to get all the admiring looks yes, that’s my point. I’m not driving around in this for other people’s benefit. I’m driving around in this BECAUSE I LOVE DRIVING IT. END!”
-Richard Hammond, Top Gear, USA Supercar Road Trip, 2011 Porsche GT3 RS.
My BRZ
m.wood0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #50
Teclis
Marine Electrician

Drives: Toyota TRD86, 2014
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I got a great community in my area, it's me, myself and I...
Old 06-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #51
dizzario
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teclis View Post
Best club ever hahaha!
dizzario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #52
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
In my area? Awesome.

As a whole in general? Pffff. Mixed bag
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #53
Bobblehead

Drives: 2013 BRZ (gone) 2016 Ford Fusion SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teclis View Post
^This. I'm pretty much the only 86 in my area. Everyone else is too busy jacking up their trucks or has an STI/WRX.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #54
srtblake
Chrysler/jeep/dodge tech

Drives: FR-S driver
I give the "86 wave" to other owners when I see them driving. Otherwise I gave up on car meets. Too much hate and I have better things to do with my time then spend it answering dumb questions about my car
Old 06-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #55
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Garage
My Area.... ummmm Non Existent lol. there are plenty on our military base
mine 1 other asphalt two argentos 2 firestorm 2 whiteouts 1 raven and 1 blaze orange (before i was on this deployment at least and that i know of)

but as for meets autox etc. DEAD.................... Cant wait to be stationed somewhere better! I want to go back home to cali, or washington, arizona, nevada, or florida.
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #56
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Daww. Thanks friend. :>

Yea its totally different for girls than it is for guys and I 100% agree with you.

I also noticed it as well when I was dressed up for work (I was wearing black slacks and my light blue dress shirt) There is a completely different demeanor about guys who approached me. When they did of course.

My boyfriend also doesn't like going to meets as much. He thinks I check out other people. >:/ Which I do. Lol Other than that I search for uniquely done cars and the products they use. haha
That's a terrible reason for him to not want to go out. Seems a little much if you ask me! lol
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote