follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #29
fernan2

Drives: Wrx
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
maybe the WRX/STI versions wont have those ugly looking side mirrors! those are the biggest problem for this car right now, ohh and the cheap looking tail lights.
fernan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:51 AM   #30
matadormi5

Drives: GTI MK5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
After Subaru stop making coupe (first gen), it's been failure to me
I so want a modern day Impreza coupe, especially in a WRX/STI form. Why they stopped is beyond me, the 2.5rs coupe was great looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franisco View Post
The bug eye always takes so much crap..I never thought it was that bad
Of the sedans, the bug-eye is the top of my list (tied with the blob-eye/tear-drop). That being said, I absolutely hate the "hawk eye"
matadormi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #31
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,057 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadormi5 View Post
I so want a modern day Impreza coupe, especially in a WRX/STI form. Why they stopped is beyond me, the 2.5rs coupe was great looking.
Modern Impreza coupe? Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matadormi5 View Post
Of the sedans, the bug-eye is the top of my list (tied with the blob-eye/tear-drop). That being said, I absolutely hate the "hawk eye"
Hm... only design I don't really care for is bulb eye ver. Maybe cuz I have seen more bulb eye ver more than hawk eye ver.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Is it just me or that new design looks like one of Dodge car
Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
I think you're right. I just can't put my head on what American car it is..
Dodge Magnum? or Caliber without the hatch?

To me, the side profile looks like Mazda 3, especially the rear door. I have to agree, this styling is just bland like anyone else.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #33
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
I fell asleep looking at those pics.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #34
fernan2

Drives: Wrx
2012 impreza info. (from nasioc)

and some subaru coupe info.
EDIT: i COPY PASTED THIS STORY !!!

Drove the 2012 Impreza.
I just got back from the 2011 Subaru National Business conference. Yesterday I did a ride-and-drive of the 2012 Impreza. My thoughts::

Background: I'm a long time auto enthusiast and experienced autocrosser. My daily driver is a 2006 WRX and my wife drives a 2008 2.5i premium sedan so I have quite a bit of perspective on the last two previous generation Imprezas. This ride-and-drive was held in a large parking lot and consisted of 3 driving stations, each with a very short course meant to highlight one or two dynamic features. These are quick impressions, formed without the benefit of much time behind the wheel or any time driving the car on real roads in real-world traffic.

Powertrain performance: One station was a ~400' drag strip where 2011 and 2012 Impeza's ran side-by-side. You got to drive once in each car. Unfortunately it was restricted to automatic transmission cars. With the auto, it was pretty much a toss-up. In general, whoever cut the best light won. If the two cars got the same launch they were neck-and-neck all the way. I was pleasantly surprised with the 2.0. It felt more powerful than I expected and revved very smoothly. The CVT obviously helps performance compared to the old 4EAT. I'm told the 2012 manual cars will have "gearing adjustments" compared to the 2011's so I would expect the results would be similar, if not exactly the same. Overall, I'd guess most people who thought the 2.5i performed well enough will think this performs well enough and those who think this is too slow would probably think the same of the 2.5i. It will be a thin segment of people, in my opinion, who would find the actual performance of then new 2.0 objectionable but the current 2.5 satisfactory.

Handling: This car handles substantially better than the current 2.5i. There is less body roll, helped no doubt by the standard rear sway bar. Grip, at least with the 17" alloy wheel package which all the test cars had, seems improved. All the test cars had Yokohama Avid S34s; there wasn't an RE92 to be found anywhere! The steering assist is now electric instead of hydraulic. There is a little less feel, but the steering is very accurate and rather quick. Not crazy-quick like in a MINI Cooper or EVO VIII, but certainly quicker than in my WRX. One benefit of the electric steering is that there is no cavitation in the rack on quick back-to-back transitions, something I sometimes encounter when autocrossing my WRX. Because of the quick ratio and lack of cavitation, the new Impreza zipped through a tight multi-cone slalom in a very impressive fashion. I wish it were this easy in my WRX. As expected in this segment, the terminal attitude is moderate understeer. One station included a tight-ish 180 on wet pavement. The front started to wash out a bit, but the stability control came in subtly and kept the push to a minimum without impeding the progress. The slalom station had a very tight decreasing-radius 180 on dry pavement. Understeer was more pronounced here, although I'm not sure anything short of a compact RWD sportscar like a miata would have been able to get though that without noticeable push.

Styling: I'm generally biased towards hatches. I like the hatch of the current Impreza better than the sedan. My initial impression of the PICTURES of the new Impreza had me more excited about the hatch. I thought the sedan looked like an improvement, but nothing remarkable. In 3-D sheet metal, however, the sedan came off as the more handsome of the two. It's not exactly stunning, but its much more attractive than the baby-Legacy impression it makes when seen in pics. The hatch is more "square" at the back than the current model; this gives it better cargo capacity but it makes it look a little chunkier than the sedan. I like them both, but think the sedan will be the choice of the vast majority of buyers. Inside this will be the nicest Subaru available; not only nicer than the current Impreza but nicer even than the Legacy/Outback. Gone is the hard-plastic on the dash and top of the door cards. Materials are top-notch, and the styling is attractive. Some of the cars had leather which felt quite rich. The cars with cloth seats had a "sport mesh" fabric like that found in the GD RS/WRX. Styling is obviously subjective, but I think most shoppers are going to find the newcar much more attractive than the current version.

Other Notes: What we drove I think were "premium" and "limited" trims. There were not any "base" models to drive or even see. I did get to see (but not drive) a few "Sport" trim hatches. The "Outback" half of the moniker has apparently been dropped. One was all-silver (like has been shown in the press photographs), and there were a couple two-tones; Green over silver and carbon black over dark grey.

Base pricing on the new Impreza will be surprisingly competitive. Can't say the exact number but I can say it will be very close to the current price. Will have to wait and see what the optioned up versions cost. Expect the very first ones to hit dealers in late November, and significant ground stock to be established by early Feb.

I also got a quick look at a production-spec RWD sport coupe. I can't say much other than it look very good in a mini-Maserati kind of way. Forget the plexiglass show car, those are not the lines at all. Its much sexier. I'm in love and really want one to compliment my WRX.

I have some pics if anyone is willing to host them. (Of the Imprezas, not the coupe. There was a strict no-photo policy at the couple unveil)
fernan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #35
[es vi: eks]

Drives: Subaru Legacy
Interesting read.
I cant wait to see pics of the Subaru coupe when it comes out.
I wonder what model Maserati he thought it looked liked.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #36
Fly Guy

Drives: '91 MR2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Really cool news! More confirmation on the great new styling.
Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #37
[es vi: eks]

Drives: Subaru Legacy
Quote:
The actual car was shown. Honestly, I've said all I can say about the coupe. Besides, this is the 2012 Impreza thread. When/if I can talk more about the coupe I'll post in the FRS thread.
Man the actual coupe has been shown. Those guys that went to it are bloody lucky to view it.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #38
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
If only someone woulld. Share
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #39
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Aww snap. The 2012 Impreza sounds pretty interesting.

And of course the Coupe. Nothing to say but wait it out I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #40
Levi

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I hope the Subaru Coupé and the Toyota FT-86 will be shown in the same time. I don't car about brand, I just would take the car that fits me better: the more hard core one with more modding potential, especially concerning CF parts such as trunk, hood, roof, fenders,...
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:12 AM   #41
quik1987

Drives: Bugatti Veyron
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Subaru to Unveil New JDM Impreza Sport and G4 on November 30

The Japanese domestic market version of the latest generation Subaru Impreza will be revealed online on November 30 before making its first public outing at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show. While Subaru has launched a teaser site in Japan, the automaker is not yet ready to release any detailed information and photos other than that the five-door hatchback will be named Sport and the four-door sedan, G4.
Both the sedan and hatchback body styles of the new Impreza received their world premiere at the 2011 New York Auto Show in April, with U.S. sales scheduled to begin next month.
At last month's Frankfurt motorshow, Subaru also unwrapped the Imreza-based XV crossover, which has not yet been confirmed for North America.
Story References: Integrityexports & Subaru

quik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #42
Type[R]+

Drives: Lexus IS-F
They are just update models. We have to wait for the new platform WRX!!!
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote