follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #57
Ganthrithor

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 997, Other Things(TM)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0sl0w View Post
Random observation, but the salty-looking buildup on the side of your car looks sort of like the shape of the aero scalloping on the Ferrari F12 (I know the F12 has those fender arch cutouts and whatnot, but still):

I wonder if thats an airflow effect, or if the stuff from the front wheels just gets kicked up and slightly out, so it doesn't hit the back of the door but starts to hit again where the rear fenders flare out...

I assume that air billowing out of the wheel wells (or something) must have something to do with it, since it would be hard for stuff thrown up by the tyre to hit the area near the fake fender vent, since the fenders flair way out over the top / backs of the wheel?
Ganthrithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #58
inimitable

Drives: SSM 6-MT limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Here is my winterization. Hahaha. I'm riding on my stock wheels and tires; I don't have any others.

They weren't doing any plowing in my neighborhood, and I got myself stuck in the middle of my street, till I thought up this solution. Good thing, my brother didn't have any use for a whole boat load of paver's stones.

It helped immensely though. I didn't have much trouble getting through a few inches of soft, slushy snow sitting on a sheet of ice left over from the prior snow storm, earlier that week. I loaded it up with as many as I could fit.

If I had to guess, they probably weighed at least 30lbs each. In all, there were probably ~25 of them in there: they can't all be seen because of the shadows, but there are 5 rows, and 2 columns, of 2 blocks each, with another 4 or so laying on top. So, roughly 750lbs! If I get a chance, I'll do a more precise calculation, sometime.

They didn't shift around at all, and I had forgotten they were in there, and tried to take a few turns hard. Also, I had cardboard underneath, along with the towels for a little protection from scraping.

Damn, if only I didn't have to lug them all halfway down the street (to where I had gotten my car stuck) to begin with. It was much easier unloading them.

This was definitely the way to go though!
Attached Images

inimitable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inimitable For This Useful Post:
gdrider77 (01-31-2014), zenki_levin (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #59
cammaxon

Drives: 13 BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dunlop Wintersport M3, 300lbs of sand....not sure why my head lights are so yellow, they are usually blue?
Attached Images

cammaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cammaxon For This Useful Post:
zenki_levin (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 04:00 PM   #60
omar@velosdesignwerks

Drives: Various
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post
Here is my winterization. Hahaha. I'm riding on my stock wheels and tires; I don't have any others.

They weren't doing any plowing in my neighborhood, and I got myself stuck in the middle of my street, till I thought up this solution. Good thing, my brother didn't have any use for a whole boat load of paver's stones.

It helped immensely though. I didn't have much trouble getting through a few inches of soft, slushy snow sitting on a sheet of ice left over from the prior snow storm, earlier that week. I loaded it up with as many as I could fit.

If I had to guess, they probably weighed at least 30lbs each. In all, there were probably ~25 of them in there: they can't all be seen because of the shadows, but there are 5 rows, and 2 columns, of 2 blocks each, with another 4 or so laying on top. So, roughly 750lbs! If I get a chance, I'll do a more precise calculation, sometime.

They didn't shift around at all, and I had forgotten they were in there, and tried to take a few turns hard. Also, I had cardboard underneath, along with the towels for a little protection from scraping.

Damn, if only I didn't have to lug them all halfway down the street (to where I had gotten my car stuck) to begin with. It was much easier unloading them.

This was definitely the way to go though!
Wow!
omar@velosdesignwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #61
Jive Turkey
the tuna, no crust.

Drives: 2014 Hachiroku of the year
Thanked 1,770 Times in 761 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
driving is okay, but the lack of ground clearance is an issue when its not plowed, because I PLOW

Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #62
Pete156
I like to eat!

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
driving is okay, but the lack of ground clearance is an issue when its not plowed, because I PLOW
Is this Warinanco?
Pete156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #63
BoxRZ_86

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
this is mine in winter mode.
Steel Subaru Forester wheels with Blizzaks WS-60
BoxRZ_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #64
Jive Turkey