follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
ManyKicks

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aggressive fitment

Im looking to put wide wheels on my brz and was hoping to see if anybody has experience/pictures of wide wheels on the stock body lines. I don't mind rolling and doing a little bit of fender work but I want to go 10.5-11in wide in the rear and a 9.5-10 in the front without having to go wide body.

Also curious to know if anybody could share their experience with PBM, Broadway static or 326 Coilovers. Leaning towards 326 but I'd like to hear some reviews first.
ManyKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #2
tyler_win_photo

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
You're going to need a lot of camber to tuck those front and rear. If you're planning on stancing, why not go with BC extreme low - they seem to be the go to for stance since they're affordable. I know with the PBM coils you'll be able to get a lot more camber up front from the plates relative to the other coils you mentioned.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
Student Driver

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Series 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have pbm coilovers and rlca's, I really really like them but... depending on how low you are going to go they can get pricey. if I would have gotten the spring rates and shortened springs I was originally planning on they would have been about the same as 326, I ended up going with the highest spring rate I could (12k f+r) without incurring any additional costs for valving and swift springs.. I was originally gearing towards 28k f+r and it added about $700ish iirc. the camber adjustment on the fronts are great, lots of room, and the build quality feels really good. the rlca's are really good as well however everyone I know including myself who has them has a noise that comes from them.. like it is a clack or clank or something that hasn't seemed to affect anything at all except my sanity (ive had them for a year and a half without any other issues at all). i am looking into retuning my suspension or getting new suspension so i can drop her another inch or so but money is a bit tight right now. i haven't heard a single bad thing about 326 or broadway static either though so if you are looking for extreme low i would probably bet on one of them because pbm is more geard to track/drift and the other two specialize in ridiculous static fitments. hope this helps, good luck!
Student Driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stance