follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #15
FR-Shadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I ordered mine and my specifications were black and had to be a six speed manual. They just called me last night to say they found one at another dealer it it had the rear aplique, locking lugs, and trunk mat. None of which I cared for nor wanted to spend the money on. But they said it was the only one and it is 200 miles away. They are getting it trailered here when usually they would drive so then I ended up getting it. The extras were only $200 more. But I already plan to drop another 2k for the spoiler, lowering springs, heated seats, and bespoke. I was so specific with them that I didn't even want a car that had holes drilled out for the front plate. So people always say they don't like salesmen because they never leave you alone. In my case its probably the other way around. I'm making sure everything is perfect.
FR-Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
CaptainSlow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I was getting sick of dealerships in general. I hate being lied to...told "we're the only dealership in the state with one on the lot", or "they're impossible to find anywhere". The biggest one I heard was "there are no leasing options on the FR-S...it's not offered".

Well, I knew all of that was BS...took me a bit to find a dealership that would be HONEST with me.

Related note - anyone in Michigan should consider checking out Spartan Scion/Toyota in Lansing. It was an hour and a half drive for me, but completely worth the trip. They were 100% honest with me when I went to order my FR-S, and had been when I bought my xA a few years back. Great people to work with.
bestwheelbase (10-19-2012), Tigranakert (10-20-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
Eurasianman
Chief

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
First off, I didn't realize you could get leather/heated seats as an option on the FR-S nor did I know you could get 18" performance wheels (unless they're referring to the Five Axis).

Lastly, this is what pushed me to get the BRZ. The dealership down here was marking up the FR-S and there were no additional options on it like the OP listed Walked out with a BRZ that costs me less than an FR-S and has more options.

Last edited by Eurasianman; 10-19-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eurasianman For This Useful Post:
SuperDave (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #18
FR-Shadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasianman View Post
First off, I didn't realize you could get leather/heated seats as an option on the FR-S nor did I know you could get 18" performance wheels (unless they're referring to the Five Axis).

Lastly, this is what pushed me to get the BRZ. The dealership down here were marking up the FR-S and there were no additional options on it like the OP listed Walked out with a BRZ that costs me less than an FR-S and has more options.

The heated seats and leather seats are all dealership options. Not every dealer does it. I elected to stay with the cloth seats but im from wisconsin and winters are way too cold so for a couple hundred more i had them throw heated seats in the cloth ones. Ill also be getting the 19" S7 Five Axis wheels from the dealer. I too though had to go to two dealers to get what i wanted. The first only had one on the lot and thought of it as their baby and offered no other options. They also treated me like some 20 year old kid off of the street probably looking for a test drive just to have fun. Since I am 23 and all. The second one i went to had like 5 on the lot and one in the show room floor. None of which i wanted but they still went out to find me one i wanted and are giving me all the add ons i want.
FR-Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #19
camelflage

Drives: pinto power
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
edit: also, the idea of a dealership adding wheels to a car like this is WEIRD AS HELL TO ME.
yeah, options that aren't part of what the manufacturer offers ive never seen out here.. if the sales guy had said something like "we added some sweet wheels and tint that you didnt ask for" i would have punched his whole family in the d i ck.
camelflage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
Tim_Asphalt_FRS
Is it fast? No.

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Manual-Asphalt
I had the problems with some dealers in the OC, look in the topics on this forum about shady dealers. I know there are good ones, just keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 (Rebadged) Toyota GT-86 {Perrin intake tube, aFe dry air filter, custom 2.5" exhaust, PLM overpipe, Kartboy crank pulley, Hotchkis springs, custom Flossy grip tape shorty, TRD shifter, Berk HFC, Whiteline Sway-bars}
[Wanted: Delicious Stg 2 tune, Bilstein struts]
Tim_Asphalt_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #21
Neziah

Drives: 2013 HotLava FRS, 2005 Legacy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
yeah avoid the dealer addons unless you really want them, they make a ton of money on that stuff. Just keep looking till you find what you want. There are plenty of good dealers out there.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #22
ExWhyZer0

Drives: Whiteout FR-S M/T
There was a bone stock FR-S White when I was first looking at them that I was attempting to buy. Well my funds didn't add up at the time and my dealer sold it. Before hand though, I asked him if he found another, could I get it for their listed price. He found me one and it came with some extras like a spoiler. Same price. I was pretty stoked.
ExWhyZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #23
that_one_guy

Drives: none
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I was just about to start a thread with this exact problem! There are some dealers who offer amazing complementary incentives like Toyota of Poway offers lifetime powertrain warranty, and Hooman Toyota offers free oil changes, free tires, and free loaner car for services for life! the only problem is they don't sell a car for under 30K!!! I get that the demand is high and the profit margin is low but you're telling me that the profit margin is any better on a Corolla or Camry which competes against everything else on the market and gets price cut way way way down? I even asked these dealers what if I order one and pay the full amount before it even arrives. I was told I have to buy it as is (meaning they are gonna shove seats and wheels and stereo down my throat no matter what).

I guess there are dealers who sell the car at MSRP and there are dealers who sell the car for over 30K, but there aren't any that have good incentives at MSRP.... I guess I'll be keeping my Matrix for daily driving and get a moderately modified Miata for 4K
that_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #24
cwb48

Drives: 2013 FR-s Firestorm
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishand View Post
Picked up mine from there too about two weeks ago, talk to anthony, very good person! i actually made him remove the premium bespoke, only thing added was a perma coating? regardless it was ALMOST msrp, the difference was bellow 500$ from the msrp and mine was the white out as well which is an extra 200$..
I did the same with the Bespoke- told them no deal with the $845 Bespoke, after they gave me some babble about how they couldn't take it out, and I left the dealership. I told the wife that I'd have an email saying they'ed remove the Bespoke by evening, but I was wrong- it took until the next morning. Mine also had the film on the hood and fenders, a $395 option that cannot really be removed, so I accepted that.

Don't let these guys bully you into options that you don't want.
cwb48 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cwb48 For This Useful Post:
shishand (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #25
ProTekk

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Wow, I had no problem with my experience. Car had BeSpoke HU, lug locks, etc, etc and they had the sticker price as $26,225. :shrugs:
ProTekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #26
that_one_guy

Drives: none
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTekk View Post
Wow, I had no problem with my experience. Car had BeSpoke HU, lug locks, etc, etc and they had the sticker price as $26,225. :shrugs:

You guys are in Maryland and NJ, Southern Cali is the birth place of people with more money than brains who are willing to pay top dollar for the coolest trick ride leaving more conscientious buyers (aka broke mofos like me) wishing and dreaming. Anybody else notice how many 350z, BMW 3, MB C, and Porsche Boxters have their usual parking spaces replaced with brand new FR-S/BRZ at the usual weekend boba shop?
that_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #27
Ravenlokk

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a lot of people have had some bad experiences. I ordered mine with no issues (Port Moody scion dealer, in Vancouver BC). My sales guy told me when the car was on the boat, and when it landed locally. Had the car ready for me the day after it was released from the dock clean, no holes on the front. Best dealer experience i've ever had bar none. While they couldn't move on MSRP since i was an early order with really high demand, they did throw in a few little things to at least make me feel good lol. Ordered it i think in july, and got it first week of august. I told them i wanted it ASAP, and it worked out!
Ravenlokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofAkina View Post
Thanks guys. I'll follow up with those leads for sure. You can imagine my disappointment after driving 30 miles through LA rush hour traffic with my down payment cash in my pocket only to be confronted this nonsense.
That sucks for sure. Did you try calling ahead? I like to "let my fingers do the walking."

Edit: My bad, he clearly told the dealer what he wanted before heading over there. They're shady.

Last edited by bestwheelbase; 10-19-2012 at 01:59 PM.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote