follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-30-2018, 10:15 AM   #99
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgm32 View Post
Well congratulations I guess.
that's unfortunate

I guess the alternative would be to toss it in the back seat. Less of a squeeze, more of a 'trip and reach over the front seats to grab it' hassle.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:02 AM   #100
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,981 Times in 2,197 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
The back seat flips down?
Four or five golf bags can be accommodated.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #101
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcj View Post
Either he has one of those giant hard-shell golf bags from the '70s like my dad had that wouldn't fit through the trunk opening because it looks like it's build from surplus NASA space suit parts...

Or he just needed an excuse for why he couldn't buy the car and didn't want to give anyone the satisfaction of admitting he just didn't like it.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
spike021 (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 12:50 PM   #102
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,520 Times in 18,921 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVoDnGVkWCA[/ame]
Old 08-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #103
Kgm32

Drives: None yet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcj View Post
Well l got it to fit just a hassel . Not sure I believe 5 bags would fit (not that I would ever need to ).
Kgm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #104
Kgm32

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
Either he has one of those giant hard-shell golf bags from the '70s like my dad had that wouldn't fit through the trunk opening because it looks like it's build from surplus NASA space suit parts...

Or he just needed an excuse for why he couldn't buy the car and didn't want to give anyone the satisfaction of admitting he just didn't like it.
Well it is a cart bag so it's not small but sorry trunk size is the issue. BTW, have you ever thought about getting a job at Subaru Media Relations? Your quite the brand ambassador for this car.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kgm32 For This Useful Post:
bcj (08-30-2018), spike021 (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #105
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
BTW, have you ever thought about getting a job at Subaru Media Relations? Your quite the brand ambassador for this car.
If I were employed by Subaru, I'd try to steer you toward one of their other excellent product offerings that would be more in line with your needs. Subaru puts a considerable amount of effort into brand loyalty, almost promoting a cult-like following. They're not going to want you to buy one of their vehicles that you're going to dislike, causing you to swear off the brand forever and provide bad word of mouth to other people.

This car's not for everybody. That's okay. I primarily posted what I did as a challenge to get you to stop whining about how far you had to go and just go drive the damned thing and decide for yourself. If you had liked it, great. If not, now you know and can focus on something closer.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
bababooey (08-31-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 01:52 PM   #106
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Well it is a cart bag so it's not small but sorry trunk size is the issue. BTW, have you ever thought about getting a job at Subaru Media Relations? Your quite the brand ambassador for this car.
Have you considered a Subaru© WRX™? That AWD® would be fantastic for Michigan⅊ Winters☃!

Now I feel like I need a shower.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:28 PM   #107
Kgm32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
Have you considered a Subaru© WRX™? That AWD® would be fantastic for Michigan⅊ Winters☃!

Now I feel like I need a shower.
Well I was hoping to by a coupe but it is becoming apparent that to get one I need to spend 50k to get one styled like I like and will meet my needs (Lexus rc or Audi TT) or buy a "muscle car" (mustang, challenger or Camaro) really not what I am looking for My only other option in the Civic coupe (yeah right )......so I may indeed need to expand my list to include sport sedans such as the WRX, Stinger, etc.

Was hoping the BRZ would work out but as I tend to keep cars 10 plus year, I know the trunk size would become an issue. It is a great car, just not for me.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:42 PM   #108
Kgm32

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
If I were employed by Subaru, I'd try to steer you toward one of their other excellent product offerings that would be more in line with your needs. Subaru puts a considerable amount of effort into brand loyalty, almost promoting a cult-like following. They're not going to want you to buy one of their vehicles that you're going to dislike, causing you to swear off the brand forever and provide bad word of mouth to other people.

This car's not for everybody. That's okay. I primarily posted what I did as a challenge to get you to stop whining about how far you had to go and just go drive the damned thing and decide for yourself. If you had liked it, great. If not, now you know and can focus on something closer.
Well you can call it whining, I stand by my point that if you want to sell a car make it available. I understand that every car is not for everyone. That's why you need a test drive but one you should not have to search to find one to do so. The BRZ is nice but not a perfect fit for everyone as you stated. However, it does nothing to build brand recognition and loyalty to make some one jump through hoops to find out. What made it worse was two dealerships were willing to order the car for me. This being a niche car, that should never be the only option.

My issue is your assumption someone would hate a car based on what they had previously test drove and because they don't want to spend 3 hours to find out they don't like a car.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:01 PM   #109
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Well you can call it whining, I stand by my point that if you want to sell a car make it available. I understand that every car is not for everyone. That's why you need a test drive but one you should not have to search to find one to do so. The BRZ is nice but not a perfect fit for everyone as you stated. However, it does nothing to build brand recognition and loyalty to make some one jump through hoops to find out. What made it worse was two dealerships were willing to order the car for me. This being a niche car, that should never be the only option.

My issue is your assumption someone would hate a car based on what they had previously test drove and because they don't want to spend 3 hours to find out they don't like a car.
I'd argue this still sounds like whining.

They were willing to order you the car? It may not be a Porsche but being able to order would've meant you could actually choose whichever options and color you wanted. Sure you'd need to wait a couple months for it, but are you really that impatient? Well, you must be if driving one or two hours for a test drive is such a big problem.

Also, saying a car is niche and that having to order shouldn't be a problem is pretty ironic. The whole idea of something being niche, IMO, is that it's unique and not something easy to find/get ahold of. Actually, the definition of 'niche' literally means "specialized variant" of a thing, in this case a car, which exactly fits a special ordered car.

I've seen people on this forum who said they winded up going with whatever color they saw and because they just wanted the car and some regret not getting some other color.

So the dealers were trying to help you make "the right decision".

But okay, let's complain about all the things.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #110
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Well I was hoping to by a coupe but it is becoming apparent that to get one I need to spend 50k to get one styled like I like and will meet my needs (Lexus rc or Audi TT) or buy a "muscle car" (mustang, challenger or Camaro) really not what I am looking for My only other option in the Civic coupe (yeah right )......so I may indeed need to expand my list to include sport sedans such as the WRX, Stinger, etc.

Was hoping the BRZ would work out but as I tend to keep cars 10 plus year, I know the trunk size would become an issue. It is a great car, just not for me.
To be clear, I was only playing at the conversation between you and Extra about being a brand ambassador. That said, if your only hangup was the trunk, as others have said, the rear seats do fold down. I would suggest doing so and seeing if the golf bag is an easier fit longitudinally. If you don't want to hassle with folding them up and down, just leave the seats down. They weren't very useful for me, and I ended up removing them anyway. If the car isn't for you, it just isn't. No harm in that.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 03:13 PM   #111
bmxr

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP WR Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
That is one hell of a response when all I did was point out that the Little Old Lady From Pasadena was a song about a racing Granny and you used it in an attempt to insult saying people drove like grannies.

I said nothing about any transmission or how it was driven. Not one word.

If you ever actually read anything I wrote instead of making assumptions on the first couple of words you would find that I am a strong supporter of the AT in these cars.

No it isn't you will post again.

It's hilarious that guy would vomit up that diatribe accusing the rest of the forum of being defensive, parochial and generally close minded, where if he was not exactly that, he never would have bothered to type anything at all.
bmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bmxr For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #112
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I'd argue this still sounds like whining.

They were willing to order you the car? It may not be a Porsche but being able to order would've meant you could actually choose whichever options and color you wanted. Sure you'd need to wait a couple months for it, but are you really that impatient? Well, you must be if driving one or two hours for a test drive is such a big problem.

Also, saying a car is niche and that having to order shouldn't be a problem is pretty ironic. The whole idea of something being niche, IMO, is that it's unique and not something easy to find/get ahold of. Actually, the definition of 'niche' literally means "specialized variant" of a thing, in this case a car, which exactly fits a special ordered car.

I've seen people on this forum who said they winded up going with whatever color they saw and because they just wanted the car and some regret not getting some other color.

So the dealers were trying to help you make "the right decision".

But okay, let's complain about all the things.
It's not whining, but some of you guys are attacking this guy for not approaching the car buying process like you would want to.

I'm not really willing to spend several hours out of my day just to drive somewhere far to see whether or not I liked the car. You take 1-2 hrs one way, 10-15min test drive, 1-2hrs back. That's almost half the day gone just being on the road. It can get tiresome for some people, especially older folk (I would assume this guy is). Then what, you go out find out the trunk is too small for your taste...he's supposed to just get it because its a sports car and who cares about the trunk?

Theres an FRS release series 2.0 about 4hrs away from me. I'd actually be willing to go to it (cuz im pretty much invested in getting one of the twins), but i'd need to find the right time, and i'd have to be pretty sure I want THAT car since I want to make that trip worthwhile to me (go there, get it, drive it back)

Some of you are assuming hes fully invested in the car from the get go, in which case it would constitute some sort of whining. I don't think he was fully invested in it (just a top option on his list of options) so it all starts with a test drive. If he doesn't have that how is he going to know if he likes the car or not?
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote