follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #43
Enalband24

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
I'd say they need to adjust the tune to better suite the injectors on the cranking tables.

I bet its only when cold. Once the car is warmed up, you can shut/start it with no more problems?
Suprisingly, its the other way around. When it's cold, it starts right up, when it's warm, it hesitates.

I already have an appt to have my tuner do some logs and see what's going on and what he can do. I just wanted to get some other educated opinions, as I am new to this stuff. So, again, thank you.
Enalband24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enalband24 For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (04-03-2014)
Old 11-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #44
Enalband24

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd post up my solution to the codes I was experiencing in case anyone runs into something similar.

The P0451 code was related to the EVAP solenoid for sure. The hoses must have came loose underneath the manifold.

I ended up popping the P0069 code with the slip light shortly after my last post here back in April. Ended up just being something with the tune I was running. I switched to a tune from Bill @ Delicious Tuning and haven't had a code since.

However, I still had my startup hesitation/fail to start. Everything was pointing to flooding/too rich during start up. Well, I took some logs, sent them to Bill, he sent me an updated tune, and voila, problem solved. He never told me what it was, but I believe he tweaked the scaling for the injectors. I'm assuming the flow data I received with the injectors was incorrect.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #45
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
P0451-P0457 are usually evap stuff, +1 on the tighten the gas cap idea
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:32 AM   #46
Gopherboy6956

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Get just recently got P0451 as well. I am on Vortech.

Just Replaced my Engine with a used, 8k motor after mine blew.

I returned to my perrin Vortech tune (my custom tune supposedly killed my engine).
One thing i noticed is the tuner gave me a 3bar map sensor, when the perrin kit originally came with a 2.5bar. So, i'm running a 3 bar on a tune made for a 2.5 bar - wonder if that has anything to do with it (yes i realize the implications of that in general, a 2.5 is on the way)

I never had this code on my original engine / vortech setup. Nothing else has changed as far as hardware.

I do have Radium dual catch cans, but i had those before, and i've verified the connections to PCV and Crank Vent.

Any ideas?
Old 01-28-2017, 11:37 PM   #47
jaorocks1

Drives: 92 Prelude
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Anyone else get this issue but not have it deal with the gas cap? I just bought a new one and the CEL is still on... being paranoid im curious to hear stories about what has gone wrong lol
jaorocks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:54 AM   #48
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enalband24 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd post up my solution to the codes I was experiencing in case anyone runs into something similar.

The P0451 code was related to the EVAP solenoid for sure. The hoses must have came loose underneath the manifold.

I ended up popping the P0069 code with the slip light shortly after my last post here back in April. Ended up just being something with the tune I was running. I switched to a tune from Bill @ Delicious Tuning and haven't had a code since.

However, I still had my startup hesitation/fail to start. Everything was pointing to flooding/too rich during start up. Well, I took some logs, sent them to Bill, he sent me an updated tune, and voila, problem solved. He never told me what it was, but I believe he tweaked the scaling for the injectors. I'm assuming the flow data I received with the injectors was incorrect.

Hope this helps someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopherboy6956 View Post
Get just recently got P0451 as well. I am on Vortech.

Just Replaced my Engine with a used, 8k motor after mine blew.

I returned to my perrin Vortech tune (my custom tune supposedly killed my engine).
One thing i noticed is the tuner gave me a 3bar map sensor, when the perrin kit originally came with a 2.5bar. So, i'm running a 3 bar on a tune made for a 2.5 bar - wonder if that has anything to do with it (yes i realize the implications of that in general, a 2.5 is on the way)

I never had this code on my original engine / vortech setup. Nothing else has changed as far as hardware.

I do have Radium dual catch cans, but i had those before, and i've verified the connections to PCV and Crank Vent.

Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaorocks1 View Post
Anyone else get this issue but not have it deal with the gas cap? I just bought a new one and the CEL is still on... being paranoid im curious to hear stories about what has gone wrong lol
Did you actually read the whole thread? Loads of different conditions lead to the CEL. Take it in. Get it checked.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #49
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Arrow

Thanks @Enalband24
I'm struggling to determine the cause of CEL P0456 and I've noticed on occasion when my car is warm it struggles to turn over. I am thinking my issue is similar to yours in that my engine is flooding/too rich during start up. I am running the base tune from MotoEast on the Sprintex 335; I will contact MotoEast to create a revision tune.

Also, for the longest time I thought the MAPs were configured on the base tune but it ends up none of them are configured. Is this normal or do you have to have the MAPs enabled further then on say the initial base tune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enalband24 View Post

Hope this helps someone.