follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
RDRUNR

Drives: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Canada Subaru dealer taking 2017 pre-orders

New to the community. But I thought I'd share a bit of info to the FT86 community, but do take this with a grain of salt.

Been following the comments here (FT86) religiously and the auto shows asking around about the 2017 BRZ, well, yesterday, my dealer got back to me and said they are now taking pre-orders and deposits for the 2017 Subaru BRZ's. Although they quickly said no information has been released just yet but they expected 2017 models to arrive in summer.

Interesting thing though they said that they didn't expect any changes to the 2017 BRZ other than a new color(?).

This might align with the fact we haven't seen anything from Subaru for the mid-cycle refresh like we did the refreshed 2017 Toyota 86. Hopefully the BRZ will get a mid-cycle refresh(!) And hopefully the dealer isn't blowing smoke about pre-orders either. Not going to mention the dealer's name as I don't want this to hurt them in any way.

They will get back to me shortly they said with more details and I'll reply here if I hear more.

Excitedly awaiting the 2017 BRZ's, hopefully the refresh is good enough to buy a new BRZ vs a used BRZ.

Anyways, news is news.

Last edited by RDRUNR; 04-19-2016 at 11:24 AM.
RDRUNR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RDRUNR For This Useful Post:
Sport-Tech (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDRUNR View Post
New to the community. But I thought I'd share a bit of info, take it with a grain of salt.

Been following the comments here (FT86) religiously and the auto shows asking around about the 2017 BRZ, well, yesterday, my dealer got back to me and said they are now taking pre-orders and deposits for the 2017 Subaru BRZ's. Although they quickly said no information has been released just yet but they expected 2017 models to arrive in summer.

Interesting thing though they said that they didn't expect any changes to the 2017 BRZ other than a new color(?).

This might align with the fact we haven't seen anything from Subaru for the mid-cycle refresh like we did the 2017 Toyota 86. Hopefully the BRZ will get a mid-cycle refresh. And hopefully the dealer isn't blowing smoke about pre-orders either.

They will get back to me shortly they said with more details.

Anyways, news is news.
Subaru normally does not reveal much about the updates until just before they hit the lots. They are generally well behind Toyota and we really don't have many specifics even from them as yet. Should see something official by late May or early June.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
RDRUNR

Drives: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Subaru normally does not reveal much about the updates until just before they hit the lots. They are generally well behind Toyota and we really don't have many specifics even from them as yet. Should see something official by late May or early June.

Like the FT86 faithful here, I can't wait for more details as well.

BTW - I've read a lot of your posts/comments here and wanted to say I found them all very valuable.
RDRUNR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RDRUNR For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #4
Stratoside

Drives: Firestorm red MT FR-S 2013
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
still waiting for 2017 brz
might get gt86 if toyota decides to put trim level with better exterior/interior, but i doubt they will for NA
Stratoside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #5
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Really looking forward to see what Subie Canada puts on the table, those unofficial 2017 photos were very encouraging, hoping for commensurate upgrades in mechanicals.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:08 AM   #6
GhostRai
Rice Monkey

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
If I remember correctly, we should see 2017 Toyota 86's near the end of 2016, but MY17 BRZ's this summer seems a bit optimistic to me (unless you mean summer of 2017).

"Why must everything that is broken be fixed?"
GhostRai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, brz, canada, subaru