follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #71
davesrave

Drives: 2014 Boxster S; 2015 Macan S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateless View Post
You're correct, that's exactly how it works. I have an insurance claim started, though they don't sound hopeful in getting Esso to pay but are going to try (they say it's often hard with stuff like this, and I think depending on the cost of the damage, it's only worth so much time and effort that the insurance company can put in before they risk losing money). I'm going to also complain to Esso corporate to add pressure.
Generally speaking, that's about right. And the insurance lawyers almost always under sell what they can accomplish. The thing is, the insurance companies lawyers usually have a good rep and that gives them some leverage in making these big corps pay where the little guy would be ignored. So if your story carries some cred, Esso lawyers may not want to go hardball because they know they won't get away with minor league crap. I think it's your best bet.
davesrave is offline   Reply With Quote