follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #43
stateless
Double Dragon

Drives: 2013 6MT BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitJerk View Post
Stateless,

I know it's a little too late but do you have any places that do a hand wash? I would highly recommend seeing if you can find one.

As for automatic touchless washes, some are okay. The ones that I used on my less important cars don't have doors that go up and down.
The pic that Jaylyons1 posted looks like a Shell station and many of them don't have a door. Many of them have doors that are made of heavy vinyl strips that open like curtains.
Reason I'm even mentioning this is I've had the same exact thing happen to me many years ago. I never had a resolution through them, but I resolved it on my own.

I has a sad for u...
Thanks

Manual washes aren't open when it's cold and because of the cold, all auto washes have doors. I've used these auto washes for many years without incident, so I think it was a malfunction of some kind, probably from the door sensor.

Even manual wash doors can slide shut on cars or fall off and land on cars (I know of this happening recently), along with a number of other things that could cause damage, so it doesn't really matter whether it was an auto wash or not; many places can potentially damage a car.

The point is that the business should take responsibility when chance events like this happen, and Esso so far is not doing that, just as the gas station you were at did not. Corporations are evil.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #44
stateless
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Go in pretending to look for a job, and ask them when their manager is in because you want to personally give him your resume.

Show up on that day and rip him a new one.

hahaha, now there's a plan!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #45
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateless View Post
hahaha! thanks!

On one hand I know shit happens and the gas station attendants didn't personally build the device the controls the door, but on the other hand their attitude really does piss me off, and the fact that the car won't be the same after.

I've had chronic health problems and extreme pain over many years, and at one point nearly died (thanks in part to tapeworms—always use a meat thermometer and avoid sushi/sashimi, kids, as the consequences are really fucking not worth it), so in perspective as upsetting as this is (and it is), it's hard to get too upset when there are worse things that I'm glad to no longer be dealing with. I still have lots of health problems (genetic digestive issues the tapeworms made far worse from the damage they caused), but I'm significantly better now to the point where I don't have to live with that kind of pain on a regular basis and the tapeworms appear dead.

That said, if they refuse to pay I'm going to the local news with this story to make people aware of the potential risks and lack of accountability (not just from the obvious risks that one would expect from regular operation) and to put some pressure on them, because it really is bullshit.
can you explain "tapeworms?" i am confused! what is this tapeworms!..thanks!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #46
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateless View Post
hahaha! thanks!

On one hand I know shit happens and the gas station attendants didn't personally build the device the controls the door, but on the other hand their attitude really does piss me off, and the fact that the car won't be the same after.

I've had chronic health problems and extreme pain over many years, and at one point nearly died (thanks in part to tapeworms—always use a meat thermometer and avoid sushi/sashimi, kids, as the consequences are really fucking not worth it), so in perspective as upsetting as this is (and it is), it's hard to get too upset when there are worse things that I'm glad to no longer be dealing with. I still have lots of health problems (genetic digestive issues the tapeworms made far worse from the damage they caused), but I'm significantly better now to the point where I don't have to live with that kind of pain on a regular basis and the tapeworms appear dead.

That said, if they refuse to pay I'm going to the local news with this story to make people aware of the potential risks and lack of accountability (not just from the obvious risks that one would expect from regular operation) and to put some pressure on them, because it really is bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylyons1 View Post
They will get you!!

paranoia runs deep! into your life it will creep! starts when you are
always afraid,step outta line,man come, and take you away! better stop! children what's that sound,everbody look what's goin down!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #47
stateless
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
can you explain "tapeworms?" i am confused! what is this tapeworms!..thanks!
Tapeworms are worms found in undercooked meat. Once consumed, their head attaches to the digestive tract. They then eat your food and grow into your intestine, and sometimes multiply. In some people, such as myself, they can consume 80-100% of nutrients ingested.

Their body is made of segments that regularly shed and can migrate through the intestinal wall and through the blood stream to attach to organs where they grow as cysts. If one of those goes to your heart, you die. If one of those goes to your brain you get seizures and you might die (you have to take anti-seizure medication and wait for it to die on its own, which takes about 20 years). I seem to have problems with my gall bladder, and that's a common place for cysts to migrate.

I had the fish variety, which averages 28-30 feet in length. It was like having the stomach flu for eight years straight with extreme cramping and diarrhea, except much more painful.

In the average person, the symptoms can be mild, but it was a nightmare in my case, no thanks I'm sure to my preexisting digestive problems, and at one point I nearly starved to death.

With fish tapeworms it's not uncommon to have more than one, and I don't know how many I had other than the one I confirmed seeing dead. The symptoms seemed extreme for only one.

Doctors prescribe drugs to kill them that are actually just poisons (also won't make you feel good as a result). Often these poisons successfully kill the body but leave the head attached, in which case it can regrow to its full length in only 2-3 months, and you will have been very ill for nothing. Also their cell die-off is extremely toxic, so killing them is a good way to get real sick. Killing one that's in your brain will kill you. Mine went undiagnosed until I took stuff to kill it and passed a dead one which I showed to my doctor.

I took natural stuff to kill mine (in my fragile state of health the poison wasn't really an option), which consisted of ground pumpkin seed that shreds the body and garlic which burns the head and makes it let go, and a black walnut tincture which is a nerve agent. It was not a fun experience and I had to do it a bunch of times before it worked, getting quite sick each time, but it seems to have been successful. The last two years have been so much better, despite that I still have to deal with some long-term consequences.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #48
joergasm

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2013 - SWP 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I was wondering if you have any update on your situation with ESSO?
I absolutely hate when people don't take accountabiltiy either so I would like to know what happens.
Best of luck!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #49
stateless
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joergasm View Post
I was wondering if you have any update on your situation with ESSO?
I absolutely hate when people don't take accountabiltiy either so I would like to know what happens.
Best of luck!

Thanks! Haven't heard anything yet, but I don't think I'll get a response until after the weekend.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #50
BRZfan

Drives: 2013BRZ Premium St Silver Metallic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Do you have 'Small Claims Courts' in Canada??

Get all your info together:
Notarized witness statements (best to have witness in court), date & time of incident, photos, names of defendant employees you spoke with, cost estimates for repair, insurance statements to show deductible if it applies, a good description of the whole wash process. Take a car thru the wash and take a video showing the lights, timer, etc.

In the small claims court process you have to make the request with the court. The defendant then gets a summons. If the defendant does not go to court he loses or the defendant may decide to make payment to you to relieve him to appear in court.

I watch a cable channel that has a lot of small claims court shows, 'Judge Judy' is the most hilarious. Watch them if you can.

Stuff happens, that's why you have insurance. Don't get mad, don't try to get even. it is not worth it. Be courteous to everyone, the defendant and the judge, and you WILL succeed. Don't wait too long. Get it done now!!! MUCH is on your side if you do it correctly.

Don't forget, the defendant has insurance as well.

Questions that the judge will have: "Did it happen to the the user behind you or ahead of you?". The next question will be "Why not". The judge to be fair may have to determine, with the absence of any concrete evidence, who had the most probability of fault.

Also, DO NOT mention any of your health conditions in court and dress appropriately when appearing in court..

Last edited by BRZfan; 12-08-2012 at 07:11 PM.
BRZfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #51
travace

Drives: Scion FR-S
Garage
what a bum deal

i have never seen one that has doors at the end like that. regardless i suggest investing ina pressure washer so you can at least hose it down regularly instead of putting coins into those places all the time or risking these car wash things
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #52
stateless
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZfan View Post
Do you have 'Small Claims Courts' in Canada??

Get all your info together:
Notarized witness statements (best to have witness in court), date & time of incident, photos, names of defendant employees you spoke with, cost estimates for repair, insurance statements to show deductible if it applies, a good description of the whole wash process. Take a car thru the wash and take a video showing the lights, timer, etc.

In the small claims court process you have to make the request with the court. The defendant then gets a summons. If the defendant does not go to court he loses or the defendant may decide to make payment to you to relieve him to appear in court.

I watch a cable channel that has a lot of small claims court shows, 'Judge Judy' is the most hilarious. Watch them if you can.

Stuff happens, that's why you have insurance. Don't get mad, don't try to get even. it is not worth it. Be courteous to everyone, the defendant and the judge, and you WILL succeed. Don't wait too long. Get it done now!!! MUCH is on your side if you do it correctly.

Don't forget, the defendant has insurance as well.

Questions that the judge will have: "Did it happen to the the user behind you or ahead of you?". The next question will be "Why not". The judge to be fair may have to determine, with the absence of any concrete evidence, who had the most probability of fault.

Also, DO NOT mention any of your health conditions in court and dress appropriately when appearing in court..

hahaha I work at home so I watch all of those shows too since there's nothing on during the day. My insurance deductible is low enough that a day in court would unfortunately cost me more money [in time] than I'd gain (not to mention my workload is very high at the moment). I think I could win a case in small claims court reasonably easily (especially given that there is a witness and the door was clearly not operating normally, regardless of whether I was milking the timer or not), but for now I'm going to try and battle them using the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travace View Post
what a bum deal

i have never seen one that has doors at the end like that. regardless i suggest investing ina pressure washer so you can at least hose it down regularly instead of putting coins into those places all the time or risking these car wash things
I would but unfortunately my condo has neither an outdoor water hookup or a power outlet (and it's winter ).
Old 12-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #53
brewksy

Drives: 2011 Subaru STI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
For one, "Judge" shows on TV are not real court, they're contractually-bound TV entertainment. But the recommendations are the same - get witnesses, photos, everything you can find and pay the few bucks for the small claims cost.

Then, there's a 90 percent chance your defendant won't show. You'll win and then take your legal demands to his bank and screw his account over <--- that's the best part.

brewksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #54
stateless
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewksy View Post
For one, "Judge" shows on TV are not real court, they're contractually-bound TV entertainment. But the recommendations are the same - get witnesses, photos, everything you can find and pay the few bucks for the small claims cost.

Then, there's a 90 percent chance your defendant won't show. You'll win and then take your legal demands to his bank and screw his account over <--- that's the best part.

Yeah, those shows are actually arbitration that they run in the style of a small claims court, but it isn't, and the judge actors can make any decision they like. Any "winnings" on those shows are deducted from the pay for appearing on the show, so money doesn't actually change hands either (but arbitration can still include returned property, etc, which still must be done).
Old 12-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
BRZfan

brewksy says: "For one, "Judge" shows on TV are not real court, they're contractually-bound TV entertainment. But the recommendations are the same - get witnesses, photos, everything you can find and pay the few bucks for the small claims cost.

Then, there's a 90 percent chance your defendant won't show. You'll win and then take your legal demands to his bank and screw his account over <--- that's the best part."

Stateless says:
"Yeah, those shows are actually arbitration that they run in the style of a small claims court, but it isn't, and the judge actors can make any decision they like. Any "winnings" on those shows are deducted from the pay for appearing on the show, so money doesn't actually change hands either (but arbitration can still include returned property, etc, which still must be done)."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You won't be going on a TV show.

Most people KNOW "judge shows" are for entertainment purposes, that's not the point.. One can learn a lot by watching some of them. But if one can win in court, the deal is done especially if one knows he can win. It looks like time and emotional effort will be spent either way.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #56
BRZfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambat View Post
sometimes i read these posts and i wonder how people have so much patience. if a car wash door came down on my roof and it was their fault i would be absolutely furious. well, not right away, if they were sorry about it and were willing to make it right i would be really cool about it seeing as accidents happen. but, if they were trying to dodge it and act like they have no responsibility, i would go NUTS on them! i would gather up all my friends and block all their wash bays or something. i would never let something like that get the best of me. hell, i would spend a couple days there just waiting for some kind of management to show up and then chew them out for trying to force hundreds of dollars of damage onto me. straight up bogus! i hope you get it resolved soon man!
If you would do what you say you would do ---:

" hell, i would spend a couple days there just waiting for some kind of management to show up and then chew them out for trying to force hundreds of dollars of damage onto me"

--- It would seem to me that it would "get the best of me".