follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
tdoggy57

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird allocations?

My local Toyota/Scion dealership got their first shipment in on the 31st, so I went to check the car out for the first time and sat in it and such on the 1st. The salesman told me that they got a Raven and Firestorm MT and one Whiteout AT for June. He said they weren't getting any for July and he wasnt sure about after that. No cars in July?! Killing me here as I want an automatic.

Anybody else hear anything like this?
tdoggy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Suiris

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I didn't hear that but my local dealer only got an initial shipment of 3 as well. 2 Raven and 1 Whiteout. I bought the 1st (Raven) and the other 2 were still on the boat... The salesman even showed me on the computer that current location was "PORT" in NJ... Was wondering why they only had 3 in transit... even if the other 2 were nearly delivered why were no others in the queue...?
Suiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
jordydiaz

Drives: Lexus IS300
is because of the high demand of the car probably, here in dr we are just getting one in july! and its already sold, i talked to the owner of the dealership (he has an awesome LFA!!!) and he said, more will come later
jordydiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
clevrname

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
My dealership got an allocation and first delivery of our first shipment on the 31st. Whiteout MT, Firestorm MT, and Hot Lava MT.

Allocation rolled out today, and I didn't get one, even when I have 3 orders in. One dealer in our area got one.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
ZmZMWagon

Drives: MS3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Lies. Just hang in there. The FRS is starting to sit on lots with markups.......we are only 1 week into it's release. My local dealer has 3 on the lot right now.
ZmZMWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
Moto-P

Drives: Many types of cars in R&D.
Thanked 3,057 Times in 568 Posts
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoggy57 View Post
My local Toyota/Scion dealership got their first shipment in on the 31st, so I went to check the car out for the first time and sat in it and such on the 1st. The salesman told me that they got a Raven and Firestorm MT and one Whiteout AT for June. He said they weren't getting any for July and he wasnt sure about after that. No cars in July?! Killing me here as I want an automatic.

Anybody else hear anything like this?

It is because the Scion system of allocation is based on performance of the dealership. So if they are requested to move a certain type of car for a given month or a quarter, and they fail or are not willing to do it, they get less of what they ask for if the supply is low.

So if the dealer was asked to move a certain number of Camry or Tacoma, and they achieve that number, they can ask for more FRS... Etc... Works randomly pretty much according to what the incentives and lots are for any given time of year.

It's actually fair that way in a long run, as higher demand market will have a larger allocation and choices.

keep in mind, that any new or used car can be purchased out of state, and shipped, driven back, and registered by the dealer in any state. So if you are after a certain FRS, with color combos and transmission choice, you can contact any dealership in the USA to go around this. Warranty will be in effect for any dealership as long as you are in the same country.
Consulting Member at Cusco, OEM+, RS-R.
www.club4ag.com
Moto-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
Septic

Drives: FRS Whiteout AT
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevrname View Post
My dealership got an allocation and first delivery of our first shipment on the 31st. Whiteout MT, Firestorm MT, and Hot Lava MT.

Allocation rolled out today, and I didn't get one, even when I have 3 orders in. One dealer in our area got one.
Typically, are you informed on a regular basis of allocations? If so, how frequently are they announced to the dealers?
Septic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
W2

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Garage
I',m assuming the next ones hit port the 21st for the mid Atlantic region. That is what the computer is showing for my car, it was updated this Tuesday/Wednesday to show that date. The dealer expects it the very end of June. I can't wait!
W2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #9
flameSniper

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Garage
Anyone know when the 2nd Allocation will be for the West Coast? It seemed like they're going to be getting them soon.
flameSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #10
dvlnsyde
86 NorCal Owners Club

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I got tired of waiting for a chance that my local dealer would get my Argento AT in the next allocation. So I am driving a couple of hours to a dealership that has one on the lot. Only paying MSRP + (normal) fees. They are also gong to give me $1k more for my trade sight unseen. DON'T PAY MORE THAN MSRP people!! If you are willing to go find the car you want and are willing to drive a little . . . They're out there. Will post pics soon.
dvlnsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
AzFranz
Az to Nm to Az

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-P View Post
It is because the Scion system of allocation is based on performance of the dealership. So if they are requested to move a certain type of car for a given month or a quarter, and they fail or are not willing to do it, they get less of what they ask for if the supply is low.

So if the dealer was asked to move a certain number of Camry or Tacoma, and they achieve that number, they can ask for more FRS... Etc... Works randomly pretty much according to what the incentives and lots are for any given time of year.

It's actually fair that way in a long run, as higher demand market will have a larger allocation and choices.

keep in mind, that any new or used car can be purchased out of state, and shipped, driven back, and registered by the dealer in any state. So if you are after a certain FRS, with color combos and transmission choice, you can contact any dealership in the USA to go around this. Warranty will be in effect for any dealership as long as you are in the same country.
Exactly...my dealer knocks cars out and they received 6, not including the 2 preorders so a total of 8. They have 1 left...ooops I just heard it leave
AzFranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
raphymartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-P View Post

That's mostly correct but has nothing to do with toyota sales. Only other scion models.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
raphymartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordydiaz View Post
is because of the high demand of the car probably, here in dr we are just getting one in july! and its already sold, i talked to the owner of the dealership (he has an awesome LFA!!!) and he said, more will come later
Does DR get it as Scion or Toyota? Also u said one car. Is that for that dealership or the whole island?

(I'm from La Vega btw)
Old 06-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
clevrname

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Scion allocation only runs once a month. Usually we have it by the 2nd. Depending on when the 1st falls, if it's a Friday, I don't get it until Monday, sometimes Tuesday...