follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2023, 09:10 AM   #15
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
If you can't talk about religion and politics this is almost an impossible subject to thoroughly discuss.

Are we that weak as a species that we can't handle procreating now?
yes.

new2subaru (05-07-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 03:22 PM   #16
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
If you can't talk about religion and politics this is almost an impossible subject to thoroughly discuss.

I don’t think it is weakness as much as options; most women give birth with a spinal or cesarean, so pain isn’t the issue; being incontinent forever is an issue. My aunt tore through her urethra. The amount of money women spend on cosmetic surgery to fix pregnancy related changes to their body, the money we spend on complications related to pregnancy and labor in healthcare dollars and the GDP lost from pregnancy all are good reasons to consider this, besides having another form of surrogacy for infertile couples.

I’m assuming you are a man; would you be pregnant if the shoe was reversed like in the movie Junior?
Old 05-06-2023, 03:40 PM   #17
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Because all the other animals were killed off when they blotted out the sun, no sun equals no wind, fossil fuels were all used up before/in the war, and radiation interferes with machine communications and memory. Humans have the largest brain to body mass ratio so we would actually be the most efficient use of resources assuming physics works that way. The machines get a perverse pleasure from enslaving the creators who originally enslaved them. Entropy doesn't exist in Hollywood, which explains why some actors never seem to age.

Plus it makes a much better movie than machines won and there's no humans left the end.
There is still sun. There was just a lot of clouds. There would still be wind. Cold temperatures can actually make for some of the fastest winds. I don’t know that radiation would be any more problem for machines than us, especially since nuclear reactors require machines. I also don’t know if brain to body ratio makes for a better battery. I appreciate the effort, but I think it is a big stretch, even for fiction. Good series though.

Quote:
Neptune is our solar system's windiest world. Despite its great distance and low energy input from the Sun, Neptune's winds can be three times stronger than Jupiter's and nine times stronger than Earth's. These winds whip clouds of frozen methane across the planet at speeds of more than 1,200 miles per hour (2,000 kilometers per hour). Even Earth's most powerful winds hit only about 250 miles per hour (400 kilometers per hour).
Old 05-09-2023, 05:29 AM   #18
new2subaru
Weight Weenie

Drives: 15 FR-S
Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,348 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I don’t think it is weakness as much as options; most women give birth with a spinal or cesarean, so pain isn’t the issue; being incontinent forever is an issue. My aunt tore through her urethra. The amount of money women spend on cosmetic surgery to fix pregnancy related changes to their body, the money we spend on complications related to pregnancy and labor in healthcare dollars and the GDP lost from pregnancy all are good reasons to consider this, besides having another form of surrogacy for infertile couples.

I’m assuming you are a man; would you be pregnant if the shoe was reversed like in the movie Junior?
WTF does any of this have have to do with my comment?
new2subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 12:11 AM   #19
Irace86.2.0

Quote:

It is not about weakness.

Quote:
WTF does any of this have have to do with my comment?
I was suggesting an alternative to your comment/theory that women are weak. I was suggesting women shouldn't need to be disfigured to prove they aren't weak. It is less about weakness and more about doing something better and wiser than how we have done it. 90% of women tear tissue with 35-75% tearing tissue that involves muscle. 8 in 10 have stretch marks from pregnancy. About 10% get gestational diabetes. 1 in 25 women get preeclampsia. 30% of births are by cesarean, which means there is an even higher percentage of women having had this procedure. Besides the permeant damage and disfigurement, there are costs and complications that reduce the GDP, increase healthcare costs, increase maternal and infant mortality, increase the rates of fetal demise, etc. There are many more complications that can occur.

NEW REPORT: Pregnancy and Delivery Complications Cost the United States Billions in Health Care Expenses, Lost Productivity, and Social Support Services: When Looking at Babies Born in 2019 from Conception to Age 5, Report Found $32.3 Billion in Societal Costs

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/pre...tates-billions

Quote:
The researchers say their model likely underestimates the full financial burden of maternal morbidity to society. Similarly, it is unable to capture the human toll, which can have ongoing effects on birthing people and their family members that shape workforce participation, nutrition, schooling, and much more.