follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-05-2019, 01:28 AM   #1933
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Gotta few options. Biggest one would be to get an innovate scg-1 electronic boost controller with vent pod and then dial up the wastegate so I can get harder boost pressure at earlier rpm and cap it at 11.5 psi since I haven't done anything to the block.

Also been getting a minor but intermittent wheel rub on my winter tires. Never noticed before cause I usually have tunes cranked all the time, but not sure whether these steel rims are just a bad offset. If my shocks are gone then I would look at some twin super z's with top hats. Then I could adjust for summer and winter ride as well as finally go to 265's on my r spec 9" deep rims. Would camber bolt front to pull in front to flush. Rear would be perfectly flush at that size.

Have to do brake pads all around this spring when I do oil change.

Last edited by Gutterboy; 02-05-2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Fixing autocorrect
Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #1934
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterboy View Post
Gotta few options. Biggest one would be to get an innovate scg-1 electronic boost controller with vent pod and then dial up the wastegate so I can get harder boost pressure at earlier rpm and cap it at 11.5 psi since I haven't done anything to the block.

Also been getting a minor but intermittent wheel rub on my winter tires. Never noticed before cause I usually have tunes cranked all the time, but not sure whether these steel rims are just a bad offset. If my shocks are gone then I would look at some twin super z's with top hats. Then I could adjust for summer and winter ride as well as finally go to 265's on my r spec 9" deep rims. Would camber bolt front to pull in front to flush. Rear would be perfectly flush at that size.

Have to do brake pads all around this spring when I do oil change.
Sounds like you got some work to do !

My trans just came in so I should be up and rolling here in a few weeks!

If we get some good roads in March we should get together.

I have an oem clutch i'm looking to give away if you, as well as oem tails.

Also I think I have used pads for you if you want those too lol.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:55 PM   #1935
Gutterboy

Oem clutch no good as I'd rather put in a stage 2 spec if gonna bother with changing.

As for brake pads I am gonna stick with going new.

But yeah let's meet up and maybe hopefully get some other silent people in this Calgary forum to come out too. Next 14 days of weather are looking pretty good, but not enough to swap the studded 205 tires off just yet.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:48 PM   #1936
Baloo

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series Blue (White)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
Sounds like you got some work to do !

My trans just came in so I should be up and rolling here in a few weeks!

If we get some good roads in March we should get together.

I have an oem clutch i'm looking to give away if you, as well as oem tails.

Also I think I have used pads for you if you want those too lol.
Been a little while since logging in it seems! I think it will be little while yet before winter lets go of us yet...

Where did you source the straight cut gears from Olson? Wonder how racecar those gears will sound in the car!
Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #1937
olsonpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
Been a little while since logging in it seems! I think it will be little while yet before winter lets go of us yet...

Where did you source the straight cut gears from Olson? Wonder how racecar those gears will sound in the car!
Yeah this cold just won't let go it seems! Any day now I keep dreaming to myself.

https://www.par-engineering.com/prod...ion-fr-s-copy/

I got the PAR straight cuts. Jacks transmissions in CO put everything together and they were fantastic to deal with.

I've never heard straight cuts in real life but I think these things are going to scream. Come meet up with gutterboy and I and we'll all find out together.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #1938
Gutterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
Come meet up with gutterboy and I and we'll all find out together.
Let's do this.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:57 PM   #1939
Deorio

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Anyone have their recall done yet? If so, which dealership and what was your experience?
Deorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #1940
Gutterboy

Too many horror stories of engines blowing up soon after the repair.

I'd let them figure out how to even work on this engine with other Guinea pigs before you even think of taking it in. I'm running a turbo so pretty much pointless for me to even look at this and with 50k on since I installed the kit I ain't losing sleep on this cause it's not like a drive it light.

Should have found a problem by now with 11psi.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gutterboy For This Useful Post:
Apoc (03-23-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #1941
Apoc

Drives: Raven FR-S 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I’m in the same situation. My fr-s has 170k on it and the last 60k boosted. Why would I have the engine opened up to just change valve springs that have 1% chance of being defective and would have failed in the first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #1942
milkydude12

Drives: none
Any chance are there any shops in Calgary willing to tune a toyota 86 with an OFT? Or must I go ecutek to have a shop willingly tune my 86? I basically just want a 91 octane/94 tune that optimizes for my catless header that's not just off the shelf
milkydude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:12 PM   #1943
Gutterboy

Catless 94 tune

Not sure there is much to really play with past shiv's OTS 94 tune. I wouldn't bother with 91 nor never fuel with it. Not being on 94 just gives opportunity for your Iam to dip and start to pull timing which is lost power.

I assume you have upped the size on your overpipe?

You can get a specific email tune from shiv for like 200 bucks or so (not sure what latest price is as mine was bundled with my sbd turbo upgrade after doing exhaust upgrade to catless) but not sure what more you would get on just exhaust from base OTS. Shiv could best honestly answer maybe even give a hint as to what to change in your ots Rom on DI and PI mapping with Rom raider.

Tuning section probably has tonnes on this. I fared well putting in the coolant mod and cat delete to make my obnoxious invidia n1 catless quieter before I put the proper muffler on (turbo). Was running a tomei uel header before the switch to the turbo which quieted it up a little. My ears would hurt from the drone at highway without the hair dryer and turbo header and just the tomei uel.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:22 PM   #1944
Gutterboy

Update on spring maintenance

Changed pads to ebc red stuff and had one pad that must have been too big cause it was dragging on rotor and heating it up even though caliper was pressed and not seized. Removed shim and all is well. These ceramics have great bite but I have to say I think changing all lines to stainless was a needless headache given how short of runs they were and how painful it was to take the old rubber ones off. Even with flared wrenches, if your car has seen winter I don't think I recommend this job as all of my connections are now vice grip only for any potential future work heaven forbid.

Turns out old oem pads were only 50% worn, not sure why I thought they were down to the bone all around but that was just on a tire change inspection which doesn't lend itself to a good thickness measurement.

Probably should have just put this money into the boost controller, whoops.

Tried to reteflon oil tee for turbo and I think it sweats worse now dammit. Might change out oil send and try again.

Anybody track down speed bleeders for brakes?
Old 05-16-2019, 08:30 PM   #1945
olsonpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterboy View Post
Changed pads to ebc red stuff and had one pad that must have been too big cause it was dragging on rotor and heating it up even though caliper was pressed and not seized. Removed shim and all is well. These ceramics have great bite but I have to say I think changing all lines to stainless was a needless headache given how short of runs they were and how painful it was to take the old rubber ones off. Even with flared wrenches, if your car has seen winter I don't think I recommend this job as all of my connections are now vice grip only for any potential future work heaven forbid.

Turns out old oem pads were only 50% worn, not sure why I thought they were down to the bone all around but that was just on a tire change inspection which doesn't lend itself to a good thickness measurement.

Probably should have just put this money into the boost controller, whoops.

Tried to reteflon oil tee for turbo and I think it sweats worse now dammit. Might change out oil send and try again.

Anybody track down speed bleeders for brakes?
Pm me your number bud. I got the car back lets go get that brewskie.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:31 PM   #1946
Gutterboy

Totally in

Sending pm now, gone for the long weekend but good anytime after that. Had some fun hooning up against an Audi that sounded pretty badass when he rapped it out WOT. Might have been an RS4 or RS5 or something. Think he was surprised by hearing the blowoff when I shifted. Good times.

Others welcome, not out of the question to start a monthly twins meet either. More the merrier.