follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 02-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #1
Rx FR-S

Drives: 2013 FR-S MT, 2023 Acura Integra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Transponder key ECU location help

I’m not sure if I took this out and misplaced it or if I’m not looking in the right place but I can’t find my transponder key ECU. This is what it looks like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scion-FR-S-...sAAOSwefVZm2kb

FSM says to remove the AC assembly first and I know it’s the A64 connector from the harness so it must be somewhere behind the glove compartment, but the FSM diagrams aren’t very helpful in showing where it should be. Can anybody take a pic of theirs or point me in a better direction? Thanks!
Rx FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #2
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Some European cars and Japanese cars have it but not the US models. The US the actual certification ecu and the cylinder key lock have the code that allows wireless keys to "turn on". Is your issue that you lost your keys or the car goes into run position but does not crank over to start?
Old 02-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
Rx FR-S

I’m working on a AT to MT conversion and replaced the engine room harness. I’m not to the point I’m ready to start the engine but looking at my old harness there was blue tape from the factory holding that connector that I undid and looking at the Toyota and Subaru parts list it looks like the standard FR-S and BRZ Premium models are supposed to have this part.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #4
Rx FR-S

I stand corrected- engine started just fine. I found a video of the ECU removal and saw that connector unused. Kind of strange that this part is listed as going into the car.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:54 PM   #5
Robcokiwi

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Thumbs up Thank you for the help

I am at the end of replacing all my interior wiring harnesses and modules due to the vehicle being flooded. The car wont start and in trying to diagnose I was looking for the same module. Spent about 3 hrs before I found your post. Thanks for the info.
Robcokiwi is offline   Reply With Quote