follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 01-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #15
zooandbio4me

Drives: 01 Echo, 01 prelude, 99 civic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
any chance the guys on the nissan z forum were of any help? or maybe the hummer forum.

you win the award of most random question thus far this year! the prize crew is coming by in a creepy van
Haha I know right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
zooandbio4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #16
zooandbio4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ac View Post
Well, nothing more I can say than it's the tranny.
Pretty much the only way to know for sure is to take out the tranny and open her up. At that point your pretty much halfway done.
I've rebuilt hundreds of engines but humbly must admit I've never unshelled a trans, I'm assuming I/o shaft bearing would be the likely culprit? Would it be obvious once I got it apart?

Old 01-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #17
zooandbio4me

I've basically got everything out, the axles were both stuck as f*CK in the trans, both unboooted at the trans end instead of pulling out like they should, slide hammer and vice grips pulled them both out np... Damn pos. The trans fluid was bright red, any chance whoever did the clutch filled the trans up with ATF and that cocked the whole thing up?

Old 01-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #18
zooandbio4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Engine swap a 2.0L boxer engine and matching transmission into it. You can probably find someone around here to sell you one.
Haha echorex? That tiny thing would be an f'ing monster with a ej20t in it! Logistically basically impossible but still!

Old 01-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #19
zooandbio4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Have you double checked the clutch install? I doubt that would be it after your description but I had a vehicle before that would lock the clutch up after it got hot and you could break it free forcefully or let it cool down. Cold and in neutral it would roll back and forth without issue.
I haven't pulled the trans yet, like I said got everything ready to do so, but I'm a full time nurse and still in school working on my masters. I honestly wouldn't know what to check clutch wise, in my experience it's basically impossible to f up a clutch install and have the the bell housing marry and ever have the wheels turn. Any pointers?

Old 01-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #20
S. Snake

Drives: 13' Asphalt
You totally CAN screw up a clutch install (know a friend who bought a civic with a flipped clutch disc). id say look up the part numbers on yaris, tercel and your echo etc. somewhere probably on a Toyota Parts website there more than likely is a list of specs on the spline count and diameter of the splined end of the axle you are looking for. f the part number matches completely then you are more than likely good to go. good luck
S. Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
echo, manual, transmission