follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2014, 08:19 PM   #15
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,632 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
PS that's pretty anal to think people will check for a matching VIN on your hood. Is there even a VIN number on a hood? This is not a collision and will not show up on any report.

Again I'd take the new hood, opticoatwd as well as any correction that needs to be done. I'd pay the $400 and chalk it up to a bad experience. Hamza would be wise to try and appease you in some way. But since the title of this thread tells everybody not to deal with Hamza I am sure neither of you want to deal with each other any further.

Hamza was clearly at fault and the OP is at fault for not selecting what I consider the best resolution but rather insisting on scoring an extra hood for his troubles which is not necessarily acceptable to Hamza who will then be out his time, $1300, plus the PDR cost, if not also the material cost of supplies and opticoat.

In the end it appears this wouldn't have happened if Hamza wasn't remiss in performing his service.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 07-07-2014 at 09:50 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
JoeyV (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #16
Cliu91
Cliuless

Drives: Whiteout Scion FRS 2014
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage

Well, it's definitely confirmed OPs car was in Hamza's shop... taken from Hamza's facebook page, the garage matches the one OP posted.

Time to get the pitchforks.
Cliu91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 PM   #17
congee

Drives: SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am one of the few that saw the car in person.

First time I saw the car was after the op got the car opti-coated. Immediately, I noticed multiple and very visible swirl marks everywhere along the car. I thought cars are paint prepped before getting treated with opti-coat?????

Second time, I saw the car was with all the dents. I cried a little and it wasn't even my car. I have a minor dent on my own 86 and was kicking myself for weeks. These dents were deep. You could probably hold a tennis ball in place in some of the dents.

Third time was after some of the dents were removed. Unfortunately, you can still see the dents visible on the hood.

I was seriously considering getting my opticoat done with Hamza but after some reviews from other users on this forum and especially after this experience(op is friend in rl). I decided not to risk my baby to save a few pennies.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #18
brianc
OCD

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
we all make mistakes. noone is exempt from that. I can tell you that there isn't any detailer out there who hasnt made a mistake. What is important is that it gets handled properly.

I've had a shop back my car into another car before. The owner imediately offered to pay for the damages.

sh!t happens!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #19
brianc
OCD

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDoubleX View Post
I am sorry you had to deal with that. If I saw a crappy job the first time, I would have never trusted him with my car ever again (no matter what he did).

Head over to Velocity Autobody in Markham and they have an amazing paintless dent remover that can get those out of your hood no problem. And then head down the street to Royalty Auto Spa and ask for Jeff. He is the best hands down in Toronto and treats all his clients like family. He will take care of all the damage he has done. He preps all of the cars at Importfest.
I don't think Jeff does Opti-Coat.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #20
n0thing

Drives: Subaru BRZ
You should post this on RFD, where Hamza actively posts and advertises.
n0thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #21
Cliu91
Cliuless

Drives: Whiteout Scion FRS 2014
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza7 View Post
This is exactly my point but you guys decide what's fair.

I'm out $880 for PDR, $400 for refund + Overhead (labour, materials, rent etc.) and btw this was decided by the OP as fair as noted in Facebook conversations. My other 2 choices were he was going to sue me or give him the $1300 to get his new hood + paint + keep his old hood (which I didn't think was fair)
Do you really answer the phone while you're buffing? Because that part just completely baffles me.
Cliu91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #22
Hamza7

Drives: MiniVan
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Do you really answer the phone while you're buffing? Because that part just completely baffles me.
I swear I would never do that and never will. If OP wants a new hood then I'm ready to drop off the payment to his preffered shop tomorrow.
Hamza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #23
AznKirby
Are you 20/20?

Drives: Hopes and dreams
Thanked 1,310 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
@Hamza7 And you would still keep his 400$ for your labour that cost him a perfectly fine hood? That's ridiculous.
I do understand that people make mistakes and it wasn't intentional, but it seems to me the only reason you're even offering anything to him right now is because he wrote this review.

The hood is his. There is no reason for you to keep it.
Shady business, if you ask me. There are a lot better detailers in the GTA area, I'm sure. I'd like to hear him say this is an isolated incident, but I've heard bad stories before.

IG: @MonKehC
AznKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AznKirby For This Useful Post:
chenshuo (07-08-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #24
HeadBanger

Drives: '14 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I don't really want to pick sides, but if there was no phone call, how did the dents happen?

Of course shit happens, but the way it's dealt with is what matters.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #25
Hamza7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznKirby View Post
@Hamza7 And you would still keep his 400$ for your labour that cost him a perfectly fine hood? That's ridiculous.
I do understand that people make mistakes and it wasn't intentional, but it seems to me the only reason you're even offering anything to him right now is because he wrote this review.

The hood is his. There is no reason for you to keep it.
Shady business, if you ask me. There are a lot better detailers in the GTA area, I'm sure. I'd like to hear him say this is an isolated incident, but I've heard bad stories before.
Guys, I honestly got into this business because I love cars, I love detailing and I love making people happy and with the most part I do. I do make mistakes and I am not perfect but I try to perfect my craft. Now I told the OP I would make it up to him, we agreed that I would replace his hood for him and get it painted/installed by the shop of his choice. The OP even tried to help me out by finding a aftermarket one so that my cost to fix the problem would be lower.

After this we agreed that I would get his old hood (after some back and forth) and he would get a shiny new hood painted and I was to re opti coat his new hood for him. He messages me a couple of days later to tell me that he wants to keep his hood as I forced him to give him his old hood. This is where we started falling apart.

I was just looking for the most fair solution and in my mind thought that the old hood belonged to me. Now I can see that this was misunderstanding from my part and he should have full rights to the hood (which he was saying along) anyways. I would like to make this up to him and the community to renew my trust.

I don't want to be known as the guy with the shady business, I just want to help people with car care.

Also I agree this was totally handled poorly on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBanger View Post
I don't really want to pick sides, but if there was no phone call, how did the dents happen?

Of course shit happens, but the way it's dealt with is what matters.
The machine slipped because I hit a dry spot ( I usually catch it but was one handing the machine <-never again) Now I'm trying to deal with it properly.

Can you guys help me and the OP find a resolution?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hamza7 For This Useful Post:
ZionsWrath (07-08-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #26
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza7 View Post
I swear I would never do that and never will. If OP wants a new hood then I'm ready to drop off the payment to his preffered shop tomorrow.
I'm thinking too late. We are all learning a valuable lesson here.
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pbrown For This Useful Post:
chenshuo (07-08-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #27
Hamza7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown View Post
I'm thinking too late. We are all learning a valuable lesson here.
With all due respect that's up for the OP to decide, if I lost business from this I'll chalk it up as very expensive lesson learned. I want to hi-five my previous customers, not hide from them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hamza7 For This Useful Post:
ZionsWrath (07-08-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #28
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by congee View Post
I thought cars are paint prepped before getting treated with opti-coat?????
Unless it stays untouched still wrapped from the factory, I believe chances are it's still a safe measure to clay bar and polish/prep to get rid of any contaminants. At the least, a few hours of correction. A good detailer would be able to make an estimate.

OP why have you never washed your car? I think the main issue here is that the detailer does not have experience paint correcting a car (or opticoat for that matter), if he corrected the paint it should have fixed the swirls caused by the dealer (as he claims). If he thinks opticaoting a car without prepping the paint is standard, then I don't know what to tell ya. After this is resolved I WOULD NOT have the guy touch the paint again.
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getdetailed.ca, hamfist hamza, hamza, opti coat, opti-coat, opticoat, protect those swirls, review