follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2015, 02:25 PM   #15
adamg

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dont listen to anyone on here. they will look great, youll need atleast -6 all around and possibly roll/pull fenders. rb is not necessary.

and for everyone else. he was obviously not going to run these wheels on stock suspension, and no shit it will be "slower" but by how much 2hp for slightly heaver wheels.. jesus people they are daily wheels and no the tires are not to small, they are a decent size
adamg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to adamg For This Useful Post:
Funk (10-26-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #16
STV3
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg View Post
dont listen to anyone on here. they will look great, youll need atleast -6 all around and possibly roll/pull fenders. rb is not necessary.

and for everyone else. he was obviously not going to run these wheels on stock suspension, and no shit it will be "slower" but by how much 2hp for slightly heaver wheels.. jesus people they are daily wheels and no the tires are not to small, they are a decent size
Oh yeah they're a decent size... until he's casually driving around a curve one day on the highway at 60 mph and accidentally hits a pot hole and the tire pops off the bead because he is running 50 psi in his overly stretched tires.

He'll keep control of the car though right?? oh wait no he's running a retarded amount of camber, because you know "stance bro", and he only has about 4" of a contact patch with the road on only 3 tires now and spins out of control and takes out 3 other cars.

Yeah stance bro.

Yeah I know people run cars like this and never get into accidents. There are also a lot of people that smoke all their life and never get cancer. Still doesn't make it a good idea...

Besides the fact that the car will look like complete ass...
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STV3 For This Useful Post:
BRZZZZZZZZZZ (01-29-2015), Pkush (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 04:03 PM   #17
adamg

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
Oh yeah they're a decent size... until he's casually driving around a curve one day on the highway at 60 mph and accidentally hits a pot hole and the tire pops off the bead because he is running 50 psi in his overly stretched tires.

He'll keep control of the car though right?? oh wait no he's running a retarded amount of camber, because you know "stance bro", and he only has about 4" of a contact patch with the road on only 3 tires now and spins out of control and takes out 3 other cars.

Yeah stance bro.

Yeah I know people run cars like this and never get into accidents. There are also a lot of people that smoke all their life and never get cancer. Still doesn't make it a good idea...

1. Have you ever seen that happen? i forgot wheels had bead locks and its fucking 2015, tires dont come off that easy

2. 18x10 wheel with maybe 8-9" of contact patch after stretch and then maybe 7-8" after -6 degrees of camber. still the same amount as factory wheels

3. butthurt?

4. Yea it looks horrible, its on stock suspension.
adamg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamg For This Useful Post:
boucher (01-30-2015), Funk (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 06:12 PM   #18
Funk
No-Club

Drives: Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg View Post
1. Have you ever seen that happen? i forgot wheels had bead locks and its fucking 2015, tires dont come off that easy

2. 18x10 wheel with maybe 8-9" of contact patch after stretch and then maybe 7-8" after -6 degrees of camber. still the same amount as factory wheels

3. butthurt?

4. Yea it looks horrible, its on stock suspension.
you are right
Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #19
TylerLieberman

Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,572 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post

Yeah stance bro.

Really? I didn't know running higher tire pressure would cause a tire to de bead when it hits a bump lol.

Wtf did I just read?
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
boucher (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #20
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Doesn't look great at that height. But with a drop it could look ok.

Also, those "JDM bolt on RB fenders" are just knock off junk.
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #21
Funk
No-Club

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
Doesn't look great at that height. But with a drop it could look ok.

Also, those "JDM bolt on RB fenders" are just knock off junk.
im talking about to Todoreki fenders that are like 1300 bucks or the victory function fenders
Old 01-30-2015, 05:46 PM   #22
Bergen23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk View Post
im talking about to Todoreki fenders that are like 1300 bucks or the victory function fenders
So what's up this post? Specifically the bolded part... As the Rocket Bunny "bolt on fenders" are FRP garbage that will NOT line up with your front bumper, unless you get the extra piece that goes on your bumper before the fender flair starts. And you can only get that by getting the entire fender piece. The Todoroki fenders and VF fenders are a different kind of fender from what you mentioned. I believe you're referring to these: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FRP-Rocket-Bu...5387dd&vxp=mtr

Quote:
i knew someone would say something lmao i have coilovers and etcc , but im going with Those Jdm Rocketbunny fenders that just bolt right on but ill need to run at least -5 camber all around and honestly they are growing on me
Old 01-31-2015, 01:22 AM   #23
Funk
No-Club

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
So what's up this post? Specifically the bolded part... As the Rocket Bunny "bolt on fenders" are FRP garbage that will NOT line up with your front bumper, unless you get the extra piece that goes on your bumper before the fender flair starts. And you can only get that by getting the entire fender piece. The Todoroki fenders and VF fenders are a different kind of fender from what you mentioned. I believe you're referring to these: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FRP-Rocket-Bu...5387dd&vxp=mtr
ohh hell no not that nothing from ebay that is body wise is going on my car everything im getting is Authentic , i just didnt say it the right way and well i was see Ryan turek'd videos and he bought A regular fender with the rocket bunny flare already on it i was looking for it but i couldnt find it guess its only special for him
Old 01-31-2015, 03:57 AM   #24
Bergen23
Banned

Quote:
ohh hell no not that nothing from ebay that is body wise is going on my car everything im getting is Authentic , i just didnt say it the right way and well i was see Ryan turek'd videos and he bought A regular fender with the rocket bunny flare already on it i was looking for it but i couldnt find it guess its only special for him
Maybe I'm too drunk for forums, but fuck bro. Learn some grammar.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:36 AM   #25
Funk
No-Club

Garage
sorry grammar isnt that good , anywho i hope this helps anyone looking
Old 02-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #26
ckkone

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Garage
Looks really bad, thanks for posting.
ckkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #27
Funk
No-Club

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkone View Post
Looks really bad, thanks for posting.
damn i mean hate all you want , like i said its on stock everything its a test fit . half the people on here hate but yet i clearly stated everything in the first post