follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #57
Khánh

Drives: sc00ter
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerr6 View Post
I'll post my original one later today. only thing on it was an airaid intake. I now have unichip, intake and axleback. Still contemplating the rest of the exhaust
can't wait to see
Khánh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #58
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Do Boy Send a message via AIM to Do Boy Send a message via MSN to Do Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Do Boy
I threw three codes on the ride home last night:

Do Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #59
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Boy View Post
I threw three codes on the ride home last night:
I got the same P219A a couple times. Mine came with P119F though not what you have.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #60
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uspspro View Post
interesting how the dip shifted
Pipe length changes.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #61
Illusive

Drives: 2005 Subaru STi
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Those codes appear to be related to you being catless. Could also be a result of an exhaust leak, or a faulty front/rear O2 sensor. Most likely its from the rear O2 sensor reading the same as the front O2 sensor due to having no cats. Should have also thrown a p2097 if that was the case.

I apologize for having the codes come up on your drive home. It's one of the reasons we like to have a car for a week to weed out any issues that may crop up before returning the car.

I can disable the codes if you want to swing by.
Illusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #62
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Do Boy Send a message via AIM to Do Boy Send a message via MSN to Do Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Do Boy
Secondary 02 has a defouler in it. And also that first code is a bank 1 to lean. So it has to be the primary 02. So when you say disable do you mean completely like it won't ever pop up again? Or just clear. You guys are kinda far for me just to go out there and clear it lol.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #63
LeeMaster
Red wine

Drives: Subaru BRZ(R.I.P)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Subscribed, anyone whose got a Borla UEL/EL header should take it to this shop. I only wish you was closer to where I live.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #64
Illusive

Quote:
Secondary 02 has a defouler in it. And also that first code is a bank 1 to lean. So it has to be the primary 02. So when you say disable do you mean completely like it won't ever pop up again? Or just clear. You guys are kinda far for me just to go out there and clear it lol.
Yes we can disable the codes via EcuTek. They will no longer trip after being disabled.

Rear 02 de-fouler is common to trip P219A.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #65
Orthow
Banned

Drives: 99' SIR Kswapped Racer/Showcar
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive View Post
Yes we can disable the codes via EcuTek. They will no longer trip after being disabled.

Should have done that previously, no? You had to know deleting the cat would throw codes. You shouldn't need a car for a week to take care of common sense issues and using the excuse of not having the car for an entire week is just dumb.

Also, I wouldn't suggest turning off your primary 02 sensor but then again I also know better than to delete my cat and not expect codes to pop. This is also why I do the majority of my own installs.
Orthow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orthow For This Useful Post:
Do Boy (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #66
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive View Post

I've never thrown that code until the tune. I have had the header on for over two months now
Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #67
Illusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthow View Post
Should have done that previously, no? You had to know deleting the cat would throw codes. You shouldn't need a car for a week to take care of common sense issues and using the excuse of not having the car for an entire week is just dumb.

Also, I wouldn't suggest turning off your primary 02 sensor but then again I also know better than to delete my cat and not expect codes to pop. This is also why I do the majority of my own installs.
We didn't install the parts on the car, we didn't delete the cat(s), and I just found out today via this post that it has a rear 02 de-fouler.

Had we been given time to put the car through a few drive cycles we would have noticed the CEL(s) and contacted the owner.

Stoping the specific CEL from triggering doesnt stop the sensor from functioning.

I'm not sure what your post is trying to accomplish.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Illusive For This Useful Post:
Mr.Jay (02-08-2013), Sportsguy83 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #68
Boosted2.0

Drives: 13 FR-S, 00 Spyder&Celica, 08 Tundr
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I've never thrown that code until the tune. I have had the header on for over two months now
If you will bring the car by I will look at it, determine the reason for the DTCs and take action to correct it if the issue is related to the tune. If not related to the tune we will let you know what the problem is anyhow. Fear not - we will not simply clear the DTCs.

Thanks,

Dave
Boosted2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #69
Boosted2.0

Drives: 13 FR-S, 00 Spyder&Celica, 08 Tundr
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthow View Post

We spend months to years building ECU software and tuning vehicles and testing them on the OE side. Why do you think that tuning a car in the aftermarket should take only a few hours?

As Jason said - we did not install anything on this car. This was simply a custom tune done in an accelerated time frame as a favor.

We have a system that works very well and leaves us with completely satisfied customers. In this instance we circumvented those normal routines at the customer's request and it has resulted in dissatisfaction. I agree completely that we SHOULD have caught this before it left. It is a mistake that we will rectify at no charge and we will not make again. We will not circumvent our normal process in the future however, and you are welcome to think that it is "dumb" if you wish, but I would rather be a dumb guy with a healthy business and satisfied customers.

In other news, In this particular instance, the monitor pattern for a P2096 is as follows:

Drive the vehicle at 80 km/h (50 mph) or more for 20 minutes or more.
Stop the vehicle.
Idle the engine for 1 minute or more.

This may not be a normal drive pattern for this customer, however since he lives a good ways from us it was almost certainly the pattern he had for the trip home. When he came out here he shut the vehicle down quickly upon pulling into the parking lot, so it probably didn't have a chance to set.

Point being it is too soon to blame anything, but we are more than willing to diagnose the condition at no charge and we will absolutely handle it if it is our problem.
Boosted2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boosted2.0 For This Useful Post:
MaXimus (03-12-2014), Sportsguy83 (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #70
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
My sympathy is with you guys for getting rushed and then being blamed for rushing.

I also can't stand vehicles that delete the cat[s]. They absolutely stink when you follow them and when they cruise through a shopping area. Any cop will pick it up instantly from behind and should put them off the road.
There's no need for it with quality high flow cats available that will flow just fine.
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote