follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
ATXburz

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ATXburz's daily driven BRZ Limited

2015 CWP BRZ Limited (6MT)

Stock:

I bought this car last June, stock and lightly used, and have loved every minute I have spent in it. My previous cars:
First (1 year, 10k): 1995 GMC Yukon 4D(4x4) - totaled while parked in front of my house; police estimated his speed to be 60 mph
Second (9 years, 100k): 2002 Honda Civic EX sedan (5MT) - sold and in good hands
Current: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited (6MT)

I lurked the forum for a while, but decided to join recently when I began installing parts. I'm content with the power and brakes for now, and love the sound with the UEL header and stock exhaust.

Next will likely be coilovers and supporting mods, but I'm indecisive on this; I'm afraid of ruining the handling but would love a mild drop (~1-1.5").

If circumstances allow and when I find a suitable daily beater, I'm hoping to make this a mild FI build (probably centrifugal SC) with a slightly modified look.

Mod List

Power/Tune
Installed Dec. 2016:
- Borla UEL catless header (stock header-back)
- OFT Stg 2 (93 oct) with a few tweaks

Brakes
Installed Dec. 2016:
- StopTech SS brake lines
- StopTech Street Performance pads
- Motul RBF 600 brake fluid swap
- Resurfaced stock rotors

Wheels/Tires
Installed Jan. 2017:
- Rota Boost 17x8" wheels in gunmetal (I may refinish these down the road)
- 225/45-17 Michelin PSS on all four wheels

***Placeholder for newer pictures here***
I'm waiting for a round of pictures after a car wash this weekend. It's been dark outside when I have free time so I haven't had a chance to take some good shots yet with my SLR.

Last edited by ATXburz; 01-12-2017 at 10:58 PM.
ATXburz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:25 AM   #2
ATXburz

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Borla header install should have been much simpler than it turned out to be. We had a full set of new gaskets and every tool we could possibly have needed, except a lift

One of the flange nuts on the manifold-overpipe connection became impossible to turn about halfway through the threads. My first thoughts were a cross-thread.

I was replacing the manifold, so cutting the bolt could have been an option. But we did not have the tools. I ended up having a local mechanic finish the install on a lift. I had reserved some time in that shop for some brake work anyway.
ATXburz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, brz, cwp, oft, texas