follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #211
gcranston

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited DGM
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback View Post
Nicely done, sir! Can't wait to receive my Trac-Box! The switch panel in my car, which is the original one I made by hand before turning to 3D printing for "mass production" is also made of clear acrylic - but covered with Alcantara instead of painted.

Yes, I followed your notes extensively. Thanks for the inspiration.

Getting that blasted piece out was not pleasant. I took half the interior apart trying to free it up. A lot of guides suggesting you should reach up behind the knee-pad trim piece and pop it out from behind, but there is zero chance of my hand fitting up there. Ultimately I shoved a trim removal tool under the cubby on the bottom right corner, while pushing down on the center console trim. That popped one clip loose and I was able to work my way along the bottom edge until the whole thing came out.
gcranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #212
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 1,996 Times in 806 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcranston View Post
Yes, I followed your notes extensively. Thanks for the inspiration.

Getting that blasted piece out was not pleasant. I took half the interior apart trying to free it up. A lot of guides suggesting you should reach up behind the knee-pad trim piece and pop it out from behind, but there is zero chance of my hand fitting up there. Ultimately I shoved a trim removal tool under the cubby on the bottom right corner, while pushing down on the center console trim. That popped one clip loose and I was able to work my way along the bottom edge until the whole thing came out.
Haha the easiest way I found was not to pop the trim piece itself out from behind, but to remove the little trim piece under the kneepad, reach up under the kneepad and pop out the USB/AUX module. That part sticks further back and is easier to reach, and much easier to push out. It pops forward, so then you pull it out the front, and can reach into the resulting hole with your finger and get a good grasp on that trim piece and yank it out

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote