follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-28-2017, 03:23 AM   #1
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
GCS interior lighting

So I purchased this GCS interior lighting from speedfactory, and I am frustrated.
I ordered the item on March 23rd. I got it in a week which is great, but it is the beginning of the nightmare....
So after I installed it, the bluetooth controller doesn't work, therefore I cant change the color, and they told me they will send out replacement as soon as they have it back in stock, so I was like ok then, I ll wait. So, the default color is blue, so I had blue for awhile until yesterday I discovered the light strip doesn't work anymore...So I find my mechanic friend and help me look for a problem and he told me that the fuse is blown.
Today is April 28, I haven't receive the replacement. The fuse is blown just little bit over one month, and I am frustrated.

Did anyone bought this GCS lighting ? Do you have any issue with it? What kind of foot well mood lighting u guys use?
Thanks....
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
Chimera

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sky View Post
So I purchased this GCS interior lighting from speedfactory, and I am frustrated.
I ordered the item on March 23rd. I got it in a week which is great, but it is the beginning of the nightmare....
So after I installed it, the bluetooth controller doesn't work, therefore I cant change the color, and they told me they will send out replacement as soon as they have it back in stock, so I was like ok then, I ll wait. So, the default color is blue, so I had blue for awhile until yesterday I discovered the light strip doesn't work anymore...So I find my mechanic friend and help me look for a problem and he told me that the fuse is blown.
Today is April 28, I haven't receive the replacement. The fuse is blown just little bit over one month, and I am frustrated.

Did anyone bought this GCS lighting ? Do you have any issue with it? What kind of foot well mood lighting u guys use?
Thanks....
Do you need multi color support? If not get a strip of colored leds at autozone or frys and tap a 12v switched supply like the heated seat circuit. Unless you want it to function like the dome light? I have mine tapped on the dome
Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
FR-Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Do you need multi color support? If not get a strip of colored leds at autozone or frys and tap a 12v switched supply like the heated seat circuit. Unless you want it to function like the dome light? I have mine tapped on the dome
Yea..I wanted multi color, thats why I bought it. Otherwise I would just get a single color strips. I install exactly the same in the demonstration on their video.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:53 PM   #4
Chimera

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sky View Post
Yea..I wanted multi color, thats why I bought it. Otherwise I would just get a single color strips. I install exactly the same in the demonstration on their video.

did you use an add-a-circuit setup, or just a 12v barrel?, if its a blown fuse you prob have a wiring issue somewhere, so you should check that situation out, but might have been just bad luck, so try another fuse, DON'T go bigger, its a fire risk.

TBH I have LEDs all over my car including in the wheels using solid state relays from digi-key and stuff. the box in their kit looks like a generic RGB driver box. there are loads of them and almost all out of china. like this one...
https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Re...rgb+controller

the Bluetooth that they sent, is it BLE, or pairing based? Is your phone BLE compliant? not all are, worth checking out. Also, might be worth looking into other controllers anyways, cars have loads on inference and metal, using a Bluetooth controller in a car is a PITA.

Hope this helps some, but I'd advise, check your wiring, get a new fuse, test some more, and see if the controller is BLE.. IF it is you prob need to follow a specific set of steps to use it which involve power cycles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chimera For This Useful Post:
FR-Sky (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
Chimera

Oh!, and look around your house and see if you have a 12v power supply laying around, you prob do from some other accessories, try plugging the controller up in the house to a strip, and test it. may sure you can control it before installing it back in your car. if you can in your house and not in your car, then the controllers prob in a bad spot.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #6
FR-Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
did you use an add-a-circuit setup, or just a 12v barrel?, if its a blown fuse you prob have a wiring issue somewhere, so you should check that situation out, but might have been just bad luck, so try another fuse, DON'T go bigger, its a fire risk.

TBH I have LEDs all over my car including in the wheels using solid state relays from digi-key and stuff. the box in their kit looks like a generic RGB driver box. there are loads of them and almost all out of china. like this one...
https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Re...rgb+controller

the Bluetooth that they sent, is it BLE, or pairing based? Is your phone BLE compliant? not all are, worth checking out. Also, might be worth looking into other controllers anyways, cars have loads on inference and metal, using a Bluetooth controller in a car is a PITA.

Hope this helps some, but I'd advise, check your wiring, get a new fuse, test some more, and see if the controller is BLE.. IF it is you prob need to follow a specific set of steps to use it which involve power cycles.
Yes, I had my mechanic friend check it out for me cus I am afraid I made mistake but it turns out it was 100% correct. And yes they did give me add a circuit for the fuse. However, the fuse is hard to find in my local store. it is a MICRO 3a. I did everything exactly the same like the video. I even emailed them about it.
Yea..before I purchase it, I did a little research. But most of them are made in China. I thought it would be safer if I buy in a reputation website because it related to safety you know. Thanks for the help!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4TBKhM1u8&t=88s"]GCS Interior Lighting Kit - FT86SpeedFactory - YouTube[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-Sky For This Useful Post:
improvius (07-25-2017)
Old 10-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #7
DoubleAKash

Drives: 2019 Subaru BRZ - JDL Turbo Kit
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bumping this thread, since I just bought the kit for my 2019 BRZ. Does it matter which fuse I plug it into as long as the power is the same? The fuse diagram shown in the video vs the website is different so I was just wondering. Also do you have to remove a fuse from the box and then plug in the one from the kit or just take the one from the kit and plug it into an open fuse?
DoubleAKash is offline   Reply With Quote