follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #15
Guzic
Clean as F86ck

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_318is View Post
Really nice job, I'm always surprised how much better the paint can look after some work. I had to do some major work last year on my e30 to get the oxidized paint to look red again.

Before:

After:
Some work will go a long way this car literally had Layers of damaged and oxidized paint. When you ran your hand across it, it felt like sand paper. Now it has an amazingly slick surface. The water also sheets incredibly. When I did the final wash I only had a few water drops left on the paint after rinsing it completely. Drying it was virtually unnecessary.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:06 PM   #16
FRSapex

Drives: JDM 240Z, FR-S, GTI, Miata ND Club
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
WOW

As Jimmie Dimmick once famously said to Winston Wolfe in Pulp Fiction:
"Wow, you would never think it's the same car!"
FRSapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #17
Guzic
Clean as F86ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSapex View Post
As Jimmie Dimmick once famously said to Winston Wolfe in Pulp Fiction:
"Wow, you would never think it's the same car!"
Thanks : ) I should be doing another car this month and will be posting the results as well.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #18
Ingen

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
hey, I have similar scratches to the 'before" shot under the door, because my condo association manager is a jerk and did some work over my car without letting me move it while I was on vacation. Long story, moral of which is I can't prove he did it.

Anyway, the scratches. They're all over my FRS (both front fender humps, the trunk lid lip, and the roof) and I was wondering how much work you had to do on that door handle pocket? The scratches are clear-coat only but there are a ton of them.

Thanks!

Car Received: 10/18. Break in ended: 10/28

Goal: Openflash UEL headers, Stage II 93 oct, TRD intake, arm rest :P
Ingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:54 AM   #19
Guzic
Clean as F86ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
hey, I have similar scratches to the 'before" shot under the door, because my condo association manager is a jerk and did some work over my car without letting me move it while I was on vacation. Long story, moral of which is I can't prove he did it.

Anyway, the scratches. They're all over my FRS (both front fender humps, the trunk lid lip, and the roof) and I was wondering how much work you had to do on that door handle pocket? The scratches are clear-coat only but there are a ton of them.

Thanks!
I actually didn't spend much time on them as I would have liked since I was limited on time. I think I spent all of 5 minutes on them. Since I couldn't use my machine polisher in there I used a rough scrub hex pad from Stay Fresh with their polishes, starting with Restore 1. Had I had time to actually work on them I would have gotten rid of most if not all of the scratches in that area. On the other areas, different areas took different times. For example, I spent at least 3-4 hours on the hood alone just to bring it to a decent appearance. On certain areas I only spent about 20-30 minutes. Machine polishing really cuts down on the time needed to remove scratches. PM me if you have any questions : )

Tags
bmw, brz, detailing, frs, shine