follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
Limitz

Drives: Black Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Techron full system cleaner made my car crank but no start

So I used Techron full system cleaner on my car, was able to drive from gas station almost to my house (legit a street from my house) before car started “giving out” as it started pulling back and didn’t want to go , would get stuck at around 2.5k rpm’s. Pulled over and then my engine died , I was able to turn it on right away, take it home and I left it overnight, the next morning tried turning it on and it’ll just cranks. Now I got two error codes one was fuel and air ratio code and the other was a multiple misfires. I’ve checked the fuze boxes, everything good they have current and none look bad, I’ took the maf sensor off to look at it , and it looked good and clean, the throttle body was a bit dirty so I cleaned it, still only cranks. The only thing I can think of it being is the Techron cleaned all the gunk and shit I had in the gas tank and my fuel filter collected it and got clogged up. I’m trying to measure the pressure of the fuel with a gauge but for some reason our cars don’t have a valve to plug the gauge in for a reading, I was told to plug in directly to a fuel line ? And also how should I go to changing the fuel filter if my gas tank is full, better off having a mechanic do it ? Also this car has 105,000 miles on it I believe you gotta change the fuel filters at 75k miles and I’m sure the old owner never did that which is another reason I think the fuel filter is clogged but wanna run tests to pinpoint if it really has to do with the fuel pump
Limitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:21 PM   #2
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Bad gas is more likely....
Old 06-14-2022, 02:31 AM   #3
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,522 Times in 18,923 Posts
Mentioned: 1107 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Used Techron complete system cleaner and car is limp mode

You should check with this guy's mechanic.