follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2014, 01:09 AM   #1

Drives: UM86 - 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick Release or Quick Lock Steering Wheel and Theft defense too?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for aftermarket detachable steering wheels (quick release/lock ??) for the 2013 FRS.

I want something simple, low profile, and not garbage of course. I have heard of Sparco and NRG but I don't know anything about them so some insight would be nice.

Also, would having a detachable steering wheel help prevent someone for stealing/driving away with your car? If there is no steering wheel, where the heck can they go, right?

Anyways thanks
1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:30 AM   #2
vincent201089

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1086 View Post
Also, would having a detachable steering wheel help prevent someone for stealing/driving away with your car? If there is no steering wheel, where the heck can they go, right?

Anyways thanks
They could bring their steering wheel. LOL. JK.

Most of the time they dont wanna steal your car, what they want are get into your car, look for money, watch, wallet, your dvd player/sub, drive to a place that there's nobody there, turn everything into a big mess and leave it there after they couldn't take anything else. If you have nice wheels, they take that too (a lot of people just drive around just to look for nice/expensive wheels to steal and give you some brick in return LOL ) . Even your headlight, emblems, etc............................................... ...................not your car!

If they wanna steal your car, do you think just the steering wheel can stop them??? NO. I've seen many young guys walking around with a steering wheel in hand like crazy. Are they afraid of some one get into their car and drive away? No, they just wanna let others know they have a REMOVABLE steering wheel. LOL
vincent201089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
ScorpionOzzy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent201089 View Post
They could bring their steering wheel. LOL. JK.

Most of the time they dont wanna steal your car, what they want are get into your car, look for money, watch, wallet, your dvd player/sub, drive to a place that there's nobody there, turn everything into a big mess and leave it there after they couldn't take anything else. If you have nice wheels, they take that too (a lot of people just drive around just to look for nice/expensive wheels to steal and give you some brick in return LOL ) . Even your headlight, emblems, etc............................................... ...................not your car!

If they wanna steal your car, do you think just the steering wheel can stop them??? NO. I've seen many young guys walking around with a steering wheel in hand like crazy. Are they afraid of some one get into their car and drive away? No, they just wanna let others know they have a REMOVABLE steering wheel. LOL
I concur... I think the factory ignition immobilizer is more of a deterrent than taking the wheel off.
Either way if they really want your car, they'll just bring a tow truck and get it.
ScorpionOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Ain't nobody need no steering wheel.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gtAI2Hi79Y"]East Oakland Jdm Ek4 Driving Without A Steering Wheel - YouTube[/ame]
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #5

Drives: UM86 - 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hahaha this is awesome
1086 is offline   Reply With Quote