follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2016, 09:23 PM   #29
FRSBRZGT86FAN
Senior Member
 
FRSBRZGT86FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 2015 FR-S AT, 2016 CX-5
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,587
Thanks: 2,683
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,142 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Brz View Post
All i claimed was a 13.75 1/4 mile and 221whp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Brz View Post
Anyway like i said before, if it bothers people that much i wont make any more claims and ill just post vids
I'm done with this and your childish behavior after this post and I won't be responding anymore:

Here's what you claimed:
1) 221.4 HP
Issue-Debatable with the weather correction factor as well as an inputted simulated weight of 4250 lbs prime motoring themselves saying the weight would've given you a higher hp reading
Solution: Re-dyno whenever you get retuned making sure the proper correction factor is in place as well as the correct simulated vehicle weight of 2800 lbs

2) 13.75 1/4 mile time
Issue: Not acceptable due to a blurry photo and crumpled time slip also the rear facing camera on the car couldn't watch the whole run, was grainy and you recorded a recording of a video making that blurry and uploaded it to you tube
Solution: Having a friend in the water box record video on there phone horizontally of you launching off all the way down the strip and then pulling up to show the Time, and then upload that as well as a proper not shakey grainey photo of the time slip, with your name written on it. Then no one can fight you proof wise there and there's no debate you ran that time.

I personally totally believe it was possible for you to run this time, for one because the math checks out, and that's the reason I mentioned @FRS Justin in the thread because he knows his drag stuff, but for the masses the "proof" you think you showed is inadmissible

3) The biggest one:



Issue:Bolt on record? Prime motoring just said they've tuned cars with bolt ons in the email with more power, also there's no registry for Bolt on N/A records to figure it outright so that's hearsay.
Solution: No longer make unsubstantiated claims, no longer post and open up old threads saying how much power you've made (threads that are 2+ years old), comment on random facebook groups unless you have the substantial hard prove shown above. Also chill with calling everyone liars and bullshiters etc, you can do that on facebook but not on this forum because you'll easily get banned....
__________________
OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (02-18-2016), fumanchu1 (02-18-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #30
fumanchu1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Location: Gatineau, Qc, Canada
Posts: 1,914
Thanks: 422
Thanked 1,245 Times in 801 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Might wanna pm justin about the math lol we were talking about it earlier

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:32 PM   #31
Mike Brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 82
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
read the email from prime, you've used their wording from the email to prove one of your points, all I'm doing is using different words in that same email to disprove you. Their email can't be proof when you quote it and not proof when I do, that's why you get flamed so much everywhere you go, you use sketchy/shaky 'proof' to back your argument yet refuse to acknowledge when those same types of "proofs" are used against you, you also refuse to acknowledge them even when they come from much more reputable and knowledgeable sources such as certain members here that have disputed you (not myself but justin and atl among others really know what they are talking about and some have been doing this shit longer than you and I have even been alive...looking at you Justin since I'm not 30... yet)

Im just asking how much whp it makes im not saying its a lie. But if there is a brz with higher whp why not provide a vid and pics like i HAD to?
Mike Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #32
Mike Brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 82
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
I'm done with this and your childish behavior after this post and I won't be responding anymore:

Here's what you claimed:
1) 221.4 HP
Issue-Debatable with the weather correction factor as well as an inputted simulated weight of 4250 lbs prime motoring themselves saying the weight would've given you a higher hp reading
Solution: Re-dyno whenever you get retuned making sure the proper correction factor is in place as well as the correct simulated vehicle weight of 2800 lbs

2) 13.75 1/4 mile time
Issue: Not acceptable due to a blurry photo and crumpled time slip also the rear facing camera on the car couldn't watch the whole run, was grainy and you recorded a recording of a video making that blurry and uploaded it to you tube
Solution: Having a friend in the water box record video on there phone horizontally of you launching off all the way down the strip and then pulling up to show the Time, and then upload that as well as a proper not shakey grainey photo of the time slip, with your name written on it. Then no one can fight you proof wise there and there's no debate you ran that time.

I personally totally believe it was possible for you to run this time, for one because the math checks out, and that's the reason I mentioned @FRS Justin in the thread because he knows his drag stuff, but for the masses the "proof" you think you showed is inadmissible

3) The biggest one:



Issue:Bolt on record? Prime motoring just said they've tuned cars with bolt ons in the email with more power, also there's no registry for Bolt on N/A records to figure it outright so that's hearsay.
Solution: No longer make unsubstantiated claims, no longer post and open up old threads saying how much power you've made (threads that are 2+ years old), comment on random facebook groups unless you have the substantial hard prove shown above. Also chill with calling everyone liars and bullshiters etc, you can do that on facebook but not on this forum because you'll easily get banned....
1 and 3 seem to be the same lol.
And who have i called a liar?
Mike Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:01 PM   #33
Mike Brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 82
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Prime motoring just said they've tuned cars with bolt ons in the email with more power, also there's no registry for Bolt on N/A records to figure it outright so that's hearsay.....

Simple, if there was a fa20 making more whp we would know about it. Wouldnt you post your results if they were outstanding like that? I know i would/did. If they dont post, oh well.... that doesn't mean there is no whp record. Before i was tuned my goal was to break 213whp cause that was the record. And im generally interested in these builds if they make more power id love to know what they did to make that kinda hp
Mike Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:01 PM   #34
ichitaka05
Site Moderator
 
ichitaka05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: ichi 86 Project
Location: Middle of No where
Posts: 17,295
Thanks: 4,937
Thanked 12,867 Times in 5,959 Posts
Mentioned: 524 Post(s)
Tagged: 19 Thread(s)
All of you chill. Some of you guys don't agree w his built & that's fine... but keep this thread in control.
__________________
ichitaka05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ichitaka05 For This Useful Post:
Mike Brz (02-18-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 10:27 PM   #35
Mike Brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 82
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Id just rather people not even post in here unless they are asking a serious question. The insults, memes, etc, are just annoying and a waste of everyone's time
Mike Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Brz For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (02-18-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 10:52 PM   #36
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 47,963
Thanks: 43,054
Thanked 65,596 Times in 29,750 Posts
Mentioned: 1794 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Brz View Post
Simple, if there was a fa20 making more whp we would know about it. Wouldnt you post your results if they were outstanding like that? I know i would/did. If they dont post, oh well.... that doesn't mean there is no whp record. Before i was tuned my goal was to break 213whp cause that was the record. And im generally interested in these builds if they make more power id love to know what they did to make that kinda hp
I will state one last time in a calm and controlled manner.


First, as promised, I sincerely apologize for doubting your numbers. Your evidence was shady at best and although I still have doubts of how accurate it was you were right in making the claim.


Now
You consistently claimed and still appear to claim that you have the highest HP ever. It is this claim that has brought so much hassle to you. The fact that people with more don't post it does not mean they don't exist. Some people just don't care for the spotlight and as weird as it seems don't even hang out on Facebook or forums. I bet there are thousands of guys out there with more and they just don't broadcast it to the world. Even the email that you have used to support your claims states they have dynoed many with that and more HP. You can not use something to support your argument and then discredit the parts you do not wish to use. Things just don't work that way. If you wish to make the claim that you have the highest dynoed NA HP ON THIS FORUM you may very well have a valid argument.


And
An honest opinion on your intake is that I do not think it works as well as you think it does. Just consider taking it off and trying with a "normal" intake. You may just find that you actually up the HP. With no proper testing or verification your guesses and bias (you did make it after all) may be convincing you that it has a greater effect than it really does. If you can somehow verify and document that it is giving you the increase you think it is than I am sure many of the aftermarket people would like to talk to you.


Finally
I would like to see more on what you did on the polishing and porting. This was something I did on all of my old muscle cars (real muscle not Mustangs) and it was very effective. I was under the impression that the newer cars really did not benefit from this much but it could explain much of your gains and in the overall scheme of things is a relatively cheap and easy mod.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (02-18-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (02-18-2016), Mike Brz (02-18-2016), Rifle (02-19-2016), weederr33 (02-18-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #37
FRSBRZGT86FAN
Senior Member
 
FRSBRZGT86FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: 2015 FR-S AT, 2016 CX-5
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 3,587
Thanks: 2,683
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,142 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I will state one last time in a calm and controlled manner.


First, as promised, I sincerely apologize for doubting your numbers. Your evidence was shady at best and although I still have doubts of how accurate it was you were right in making the claim.


Now
You consistently claimed and still appear to claim that you have the highest HP ever. It is this claim that has brought so much hassle to you. The fact that people with more don't post it does not mean they don't exist. Some people just don't care for the spotlight and as weird as it seems don't even hang out on Facebook or forums. I bet there are thousands of guys out there with more and they just don't broadcast it to the world. Even the email that you have used to support your claims states they have dynoed many with that and more HP. You can not use something to support your argument and then discredit the parts you do not wish to use. Things just don't work that way. If you wish to make the claim that you have the highest dynoed NA HP ON THIS FORUM you may very well have a valid argument.


And
An honest opinion on your intake is that I do not think it works as well as you think it does. Just consider taking it off and trying with a "normal" intake. You may just find that you actually up the HP. With no proper testing or verification your guesses and bias (you did make it after all) may be convincing you that it has a greater effect than it really does. If you can somehow verify and document that it is giving you the increase you think it is than I am sure many of the aftermarket people would like to talk to you.


Finally
I would like to see more on what you did on the polishing and porting. This was something I did on all of my old muscle cars (real muscle not Mustangs) and it was very effective. I was under the impression that the newer cars really did not benefit from this much but it could explain much of your gains and in the overall scheme of things is a relatively cheap and easy mod.

I'm guessing he ported the exhaust to the carbon rings on the block as people did back in your day
__________________
OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:24 PM   #38
Mike Brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 82
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I will state one last time in a calm and controlled manner.


First, as promised, I sincerely apologize for doubting your numbers. Your evidence was shady at best and although I still have doubts of how accurate it was you were right in making the claim.


Now
You consistently claimed and still appear to claim that you have the highest HP ever. It is this claim that has brought so much hassle to you. The fact that people with more don't post it does not mean they don't exist. Some people just don't care for the spotlight and as weird as it seems don't even hang out on Facebook or forums. I bet there are thousands of guys out there with more and they just don't broadcast it to the world. Even the email that you have used to support your claims states they have dynoed many with that and more HP. You can not use something to support your argument and then discredit the parts you do not wish to use. Things just don't work that way. If you wish to make the claim that you have the highest dynoed NA HP ON THIS FORUM you may very well have a valid argument.


And
An honest opinion on your intake is that I do not think it works as well as you think it does. Just consider taking it off and trying with a "normal" intake. You may just find that you actually up the HP. With no proper testing or verification your guesses and bias (you did make it after all) may be convincing you that it has a greater effect than it really does. If you can somehow verify and document that it is giving you the increase you think it is than I am sure many of the aftermarket people would like to talk to you.


Finally
I would like to see more on what you did on the polishing and porting. This was something I did on all of my old muscle cars (real muscle not Mustangs) and it was very effective. I was under the impression that the newer cars really did not benefit from this much but it could explain much of your gains and in the overall scheme of things is a relatively cheap and easy mod.
Yes i confirmed with prime just now, there was one car that made about +2whp more but about -21wtq less!!!

Im fine with that. So i guess my brz is no longer the whp record. Deff the wtq record tho! Lol.

also a 2whp difference isnt much and air temp could easily effect those numbers as well as other things. My dyno test was on a hot humid rainy day, this dyno was about a month ago so i know the air temp was much lower.
Mike Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 11:30 PM   #39
Mike Brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 82
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I will state one last time in a calm and controlled manner.


First, as promised, I sincerely apologize for doubting your numbers. Your evidence was shady at best and although I still have doubts of how accurate it was you were right in making the claim.


Now
You consistently claimed and still appear to claim that you have the highest HP ever. It is this claim that has brought so much hassle to you. The fact that people with more don't post it does not mean they don't exist. Some people just don't care for the spotlight and as weird as it seems don't even hang out on Facebook or forums. I bet there are thousands of guys out there with more and they just don't broadcast it to the world. Even the email that you have used to support your claims states they have dynoed many with that and more HP. You can not use something to support your argument and then discredit the parts you do not wish to use. Things just don't work that way. If you wish to make the claim that you have the highest dynoed NA HP ON THIS FORUM you may very well have a valid argument.


And
An honest opinion on your intake is that I do not think it works as well as you think it does. Just consider taking it off and trying with a "normal" intake. You may just find that you actually up the HP. With no proper testing or verification your guesses and bias (you did make it after all) may be convincing you that it has a greater effect than it really does. If you can somehow verify and document that it is giving you the increase you think it is than I am sure many of the aftermarket people would like to talk to you.


Finally
I would like to see more on what you did on the polishing and porting. This was something I did on all of my old muscle cars (real muscle not Mustangs) and it was very effective. I was under the impression that the newer cars really did not benefit from this much but it could explain much of your gains and in the overall scheme of things is a relatively cheap and easy mod.
The intake definitely makes a noticeable difference. The porting, i didnt feel a thing, but it gives me peice of mind. I ported header inlets, outlets, op inlets and outlets, fp in&out, catback in&out. Like i said, i didnt feel anything from the porting but it can only help to have smooth transitions vs the exhaust gasses in turbulence hitting the lip of a non port matched pipe
Mike Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:33 AM   #40
FRS Justin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 974
Thanks: 686
Thanked 674 Times in 406 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Lets be real

Ok I will chime in here, probably shouldn't but oh well.


1st lets everyone take a breath and state some facts then lets state some rules to keep it on track and on the level. ( warning it's going to make some people angry but fair is fair and that's what is important. The truth hurts sometimes but it's the truth.)


Let's begin


Mike you made some statements that are false, the dyno isn't even close to what I posted probably 6months ago to prove a dyno doesn't mean anything its a tool used for 2 things making cars faster and making sales.....


Now No one will call me out on this for 2 reasons 1st That is Bill Knose a good friend of mine and sponsor from Delicious Tuning 2nd That Dyno was at Airaid headquarters. But why shouldn't some one call me out it said 234whp? This is why Bill and I both knew that something funky was going down with those numbers but we still accomplish a tune that pushed the car to a 13.47. by aiming for the highest numbers the machine would give us tuning. You see Airaid uses it's own CF for marketing and gain comparison to factory rating for sales purposes. And since we were a guest at the facility we didn't want to touch the settings we didn't really even know what they were but hey it was a free session thanks to Airaid.... What I would like you to take from this is don't worry about dyno numbers we are drag racing and that is where the ET's come into play because no one can skew the numbers math doesn't lie. Also I'm not going to blame you for the dyno numbers its not your responsibility to set it up or run it.....
Now I must say in all fairness I call bs on primes letter. Here is why they stated they tuned higher or better results hp than Mikes so where are these unicorns because I haven't seen a actual true dyno of a car with full bolt ons make it past 212-215hp or even 190s wtq on E85 That have a CF for temp, weight, humidity, elevation. Honestly it's reads like he copied and pasted a post I made before the letter came out. NOW I'M NOT SAYING anything negative against Prime I just don't agree with some of it. But then again it's all in the dyno settings....


I suggest the following rules to avoid any bashing and keep it level and fair for who ever gets involved in Chasing the lowest ET.


1 A video from behind the car in the staging lanes that follows the pass all the way down thru the finish and then zooms in on the Score board that shows the ET.


Also a picture of the time slip next to your car number as the car number will be visible or should be visible in the video.


My definition of N/A is just that, I don't care if you rebuild a motor like CELEK it's still N/A if you want to say stock motor with bolt ons state that.. Ram Air is legal it's not F/I
NOS, S/C, Turbo of course not.


Now if people want to gut their car fine but state the weight reduction, Don't come in here with factory car blah blah blah and be sitting on a milk crate in a gutted car.


We can add more as time goes on and more get involved but that should give it a solid foundation.


Not about your parts, I'm going to say it and it's going to sting but honestly they look like something out of a litter box.....( have you ever tried to buy a new car wearing crappy clothes? same thing) BUT I promise you one thing if you stumble on to something that works really works I will personally test and if it works back you to have them made professionally in a state of the art facility. Im talking CNC MIG, TIG, Whatever is needed if you want to go this route. But if it is bogus I will tell you that it doesn't work period.


You talk about wanting to go after me and Fiebruz I welcome the challenge and hope that you do. I will even help you with anything you want to know help setup your car gearing whatever you need to get there. Good Luck
__________________
Instagram FT86PROJECT9S
Facebook FT86PROJECT9S
710whp

Last edited by FRS Justin; 02-19-2016 at 12:46 AM.
FRS Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FRS Justin For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (02-19-2016), fumanchu1 (02-19-2016), GT86meMR2 (02-19-2016), KR-S 86 (02-19-2016), Mike Brz (02-19-2016)
Old 02-19-2016, 12:50 AM   #41
Mike Brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 82
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
^^^ hes right you know
Mike Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:59 AM   #42
Mike Brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 232
Thanks: 82
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I dont think prime was playing dirty, they are a professional shop and dont really even care about na since they do bigger and better boosted cars. just like ur numbers read high, it all comes down to the baseline and percent gain. Hell someone could have a dyno of 260whp but stock reads 240. So i think your right about et's. They speak the most truth. And yes im goin after you and then fiebruz to hopefully take the win. .43 is alot to shave off so ill take all the help i can get. And this is a friendly battle for the fastest et. no hard feelings if i put u at #3 (if i manage to pull that one off). And no hard feelings if my car just cant do it. Although i do want to be #1 im fine with #3 or 4
Mike Brz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simmons BRZ Autocross Build, w/JSC Speed Simmons Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 283 03-29-2014 10:42 PM
Audio genius needed... Shit Luck Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment 36 06-05-2013 06:09 PM
Some genius scratched my car Wally Simmonds AUSTRALIA 17 04-25-2013 11:31 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.