follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #71
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dang. I have a loooooooooong chat thread with them and never any rudeness. What did youuu say lol
Old 04-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #72
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Dang. I have a loooooooooong chat thread with them and never any rudeness. What did youuu say lol
All I did was ask if they could price match. I told them the only evidence of the price was an email quote, and I would understand if they couldn't match it because the information wasn't readily available through a website.

I was then promptly told, maybe 30 seconds after receiving an email that said he could, "Also, nice try, at the price it's virtually below cost, when you change numbers to get people to match each other, you cannot be too aggressive".

I mean if he suspected I was trying to change numbers to get a cheaper price he could've just simply asked for a screenshot of the original email, or just said no, instead of this random 2 cent response that does nothing for me and less for his business.

Prior to this experience, I had to wait about 3 months for another item ordered back in maybe September, so the wait time from that experience already kind of had me sour.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #73
JustSomeGuy
A Nobody

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
after hearing some of the comments here it almost makes me wanna drive south of the boarder lol. i was gonna buy from them as i cant seem to find any other good canadian places so if you know of some that are good prices and easy to work with let me know please. dont wanna have a hassle for car parts
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #74
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I'll say it again though, I've never had problems with anything apart from the long wait and all my questions are replied to on facebook pretty quick and always polite. Anything from quick questions to extensive conversations. They're always down to give advice or recommend parts. When I ordered rims from them and wanted to change up cause they were back ordered, they told me not to pay the difference in cost, which was awesome.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #75
randomthoughts

Drives: 2014 White BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Other Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
I've always had good service from them, but honestly the whole "you order from them so they order from someone else and wait to receive it and then ship it out to you" thing is just getting too tiring. On top of that, the "in stock" tab stopped working recently so you have no idea what's in stock and what isn't. As much as I like them and their prices, I'll look into getting stuff elsewhere next time.
I had order the majority of my parts from FT86Motorsports (>12K worth) however my latest purchase (Vented Carbon Fiber Hood) I decided to try UNIQPerformace.ca. I could not have been happier with them and their service. I received my hood in less than 2 weeks. I dealt with Robert and he was more than helpful.

They don't have a lot of 86 parts on their website but can order pretty much what ever you want. They mostly do KDM but are starting to break into the 86 scene.
randomthoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #76
YandereValkyrie

Drives: '15 FRS
Officially 1 month +3 days, and in an email 2 weeks ago he said my order would ship out yesterday. Not a peep.

Never dealing with these guys again, It's better to just eat the duty and order from ft86speedfactory, I've never had an issue with them, but I thought I'd try supporting a Canadian retailer (Free shipping didn't hurt).
Nope
YandereValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:23 PM   #77
Richard_BRZ

Drives: 2017 WRB Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by YandereValkyrie View Post
Officially 1 month +3 days, and in an email 2 weeks ago he said my order would ship out yesterday. Not a peep.

Never dealing with these guys again, It's better to just eat the duty and order from ft86speedfactory, I've never had an issue with them, but I thought I'd try supporting a Canadian retailer (Free shipping didn't hurt).

Nope

My order was almost at 4 months, last week they finally agreed to refund me... keep bugging them. Also when I order from 86speed I don’t get charged extra duty costs, only my orders from ft86speedfactory get duty charges...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richard_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #78
botbs

Drives: 18 BRZ tS, 27 GRMN 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
@FT86Motorsports Please send me the top hats by the end of next week (ordered on April 21, 2018) so that I can give you positive feedback!

Thanks!
botbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #79
phoenixrage

Drives: BRZ
Just had a bad experience just trying to contact them for some extra information. I made a couple orders in the past from them and everything went smoothly and it was great up until today.

First, I made an honest mistake and misread the product description. So I submitted a question asking about it. But I get back a response that I felt was quite condescending for something that was as simple as me misreading. But at the same time, I was shopping in one section of just rotors, why would I expect the product I click to be a full KIT, especially when the pictures attached to said product only showed rotors only?

Still, I'll take my honest mistake. But as a Parts Manager of a dealership myself, I did not appreciate the response I got from their CEO Sylvain. I'd rather pay the duties and taxes and just buy in the US instead.
phoenixrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #80
HlfpriceWngs
:)

Drives: 2013 FR-S SWP
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'll chime in with my experience.

Back in 2016 I ordered an exhaust for my 86. Ft86 called me up 2 days later to confirm the order was being shipped and thanked me for my business.
In 2017 I ordered rotors, pads, lines, and fluid. Came in 2 weeks with no problems.
At the beginning of April I ordered wheels off the website. The website mentions 10-15 days delay for shipment which wasn't an issue. A month and half later I hear nothing about my purchase. I contacted them about the delay and received a once sentence reply. "Wheels are on backorder from our supplier. "

I'd appreciate knowing this ahead of time rather then be out $1600, and waiting. I would have gone elsewhere if it wasn't for the previous good service. They need to keep customers informed.
HlfpriceWngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #81
HlfpriceWngs
:)

Drives: 2013 FR-S SWP

Back in 2016 I ordered an exhaust for my 86. Ft86 called me up 2 days later to confirm the order was being shipped and thanked me for my business.
In 2017 I ordered rotors, pads, lines, and fluid. Came in 2 weeks with no problems.
At the beginning of April I ordered wheels off the website. The website mentions 10-15 days delay for shipment which wasn't an issue. A month and half later I hear nothing about my purchase. I contacted them about the delay and received a once sentence reply. "Wheels are on backorder from our supplier. "

I'd appreciate knowing this ahead of time rather then be out $1600, and waiting. I would have gone elsewhere if it wasn't for the previous good service. They need to keep customers informed.
HlfpriceWngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #82
Richard_BRZ

Drives: 2017 WRB Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by HlfpriceWngs View Post

Agreed, older orders always went smoothly. Lately it’s been bad for me personally as well.

Not informing their customers about what’s going on, and when we reach out to them we get rude responses. Don’t shop here for customer service anymore.

Like above, I’d rather pay the extra duties and order elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richard_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #83
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Naw.

When you ask a simple yes or no question and get told "nice try, you're being too aggressive", you've absolutely lost my business and anyone I know that is interested in buying parts, and anyone I may stumble across that mentions their name.

Their prices aren't more than a guideline for me, a little shopping around has shown that people are either willing to beat their prices easily, or already have a lower price.

Example of this recently, bought 720 Form GTF1 wheels from a local shop 5 minutes from my house 200$ cheaper than FT86motorsport, free shipping, and arrived in 2 days. Their customer service was also vastly superior.
IMHO, Brzworld importer always beats their prices, and is very well connected with suppliers, able to get items more readily. Customer service was always the best with all I ordered over the years.

At the last meet they raffled away coil overs, rear arms, an OFT, and a TURBO to the group !!
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:39 PM   #84
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFB View Post
IMHO, Brzworld importer always beats their prices, and is very well connected with suppliers, able to get items more readily. Customer service was always the best with all I ordered over the years.

At the last meet they raffled away coil overs, rear arms, an OFT, and a TURBO to the group !!
I know, I was there xD