follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #43
Siriusly.Andrew

Drives: 1995 Civic DX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah I agree more with the new front end, and the lights "fit" the face better on this minor revision.
Siriusly.Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #44
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86cbx View Post
Im trying to work out the detail above the headlights. It almost looks like a thin vent, although im sure its just shadows.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/photos/t...picture-1.html

The left lane news picture allows you to zoom in a little bit further and I agree that there appear to be "vents" above and possibly below the headlights.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #45
Niche79

Drives: '01 AND '91 Honda Preludes
Wow I really like what im seeing. I was kinda hyped bout the new Si Civic and it looks the same as the last one with minor face lifts. Toyota really has done good here, im very impressed!
Niche79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #46
Abflug

Drives: MR2
I hope the body will look like the concept, please not like this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qmwdM_8Ln-...Tokyo+2011.jpg

still waiting for the final!
Abflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #47
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Garage
wow woke up with great news but I'll reserve my comment till i see the whole car.
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #48
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
you know, i was thinking... this is the ft-86 2.. and the U.S still hasn't seen the first one. or did it already come to the U.S and i just didn't know about it? whats up with that
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #49
dalli

Drives: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRush View Post
you know, i was thinking... this is the ft-86 2.. and the U.S still hasn't seen the first one. or did it already come to the U.S and i just didn't know about it? whats up with that
I was going to post the same bloody shet, what tha fcks? It better be the same as Europe's. PLUS we need confirmation, I also till this day have not seen the concept on USA Toyota's site. It is even on Canada's site.
dalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #50
[es vi: eks]

Drives: Subaru Legacy
I cant wait to see the complete ft86-II pics at the Geneva show
[es vi: eks] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #51
Snaps
Supra Owner

Drives: 1995 Toyota Supra UK Spec
I like the new concept. I didn't think the concept was all that realistic to be put into production anyway, the new concept looks a lot more production-ready and I think will be a very good indication of what the FT86 will look like in production form.

Is anyone else reminded of the IS-F, or CT200H when they look at the headlights of the new concept? I am, and I like it! Still keeps a similar look as the original concept, but looks like it might actually provide good lighting now XD.

I'm actually thinking that while the front fog-light style brake cooling ducts have been removed, it looks like there is another vent in the 'crease' in the front bumper, which I'm thinking would probably provide a similar effect, and may look a little cleaner in the end. Will be interesting to see if I'm right, because it's hard to tell from the picture.

All in all I think it's a much better render of the production version, and I think they're heading in the right direction! Very well might be the first car I buy out of University
Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #52
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Ok WOW this is amazing... This is most that has happend while I was sleeping for a long time. Love the fact that there is more stuff directly from Toyota about this
Just have to say something to everyone out there that said that they will wait till Geneva to compare it with the subi: when you compare it with the subi, compare With the original ft86 concept, not the brand new one that will come out, as they won't be comparable. The 86II is a more production ready version than what the 216a will be. So yeah wanted to get that off mt chest
I can't wait to see this thing in the flesh
Also the comparison is a little unproportional, I think, cus the progressive concept needs to show the higher hood line, which means that the car will also most likely grow in width ever so slightly to keep proportions
Old 01-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #53
nate89

Drives: MR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yera View Post
Here are my observations:

-So it looks like the hood was raised (no surprise there) and the Toyota emblem was moved from the hood to the front bumper (boo).

-The headlights look cooler I think, but I'm still curious about the turn signals, unless there will be a side marker on the car (which could be an eye-sore). As it sits I don't think there's enough room for a turn signal in the corner, leaving only the inner front portion of the headlight for the signal (like the new A4's).

-The fenders are more angular now (which I think I like), whereas before they were more rounded.

-Ride height appears to be about an inch higher (meaning more street friendly, meaning closer to production model!)

-Fog lights, if available, may be placed higher than what I would like.

-The air duct in front has been moved higher/removed

-It's hard to tell since the pictures aren't aligned correctly, but the overall size of the car might have increased, that or the moved the side mirrors somewhere else.

Until an actual picture shows up, it's hard to set anything in ink based off the rendering. I really hope pics are leaked cause I can't wait till March1
nate89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #54
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRush View Post
i have a bad feeling it's because they won't show it in the US until they put a scion logo on the hood...
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #55
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
At the very least it looks evil as f'k.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #56
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
i have a bad feeling it's because they won't show it in the US until they put a scion logo on the hood...
The USA is one of the biggest markets of Toyota. If scion gets the 86, Toyota will forever be a whitegoods manufacturer for the USA. Sure if the price is right, they will se the 86 under any badge, but they will loose alot of face..

Tags
ft-86 concept, ft-86 ii concept, toyota ft-86 ii