follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #127
SurfAndSand
8SiX

Drives: FRS 10series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Can you get some pics of the back of the seats (both front and back seats) please? I want to see what it looks like from the trunk and stuff. I don't want the install to look nice from the front, but look held together with straps and stuff in the back.
SurfAndSand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SurfAndSand For This Useful Post:
nivek111070 (05-07-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 02:11 PM   #128
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
In MID-INSTALL and NEED HELP!

I've been wrestling with the back seat backrest for an hour, and I can NOT figure out what I'm supposed to do with the long black plastic clip that edges the flap you pull through the bottom.

I'm following the Japanese pics the best I can from the install manual, but I can't make heads or tails of this step. There's a similar clip holding an original flap in place (thin grey material?), and it looks like in the step 4 photo on page 12P that you're supposed to unclip this. Mine seems to be glued into that original clip, and I'm worried about hosing the original stuff if I yank on it some more. Assuming I DO get it out, what attaches where after that?

Can ANYONE help.. fast? I searched YouTube, and I've read this thread here about a zillion times (3/4 of the zillion were before I ordered the covers), but I can't find anything that explains this step.

Thanks...

Barry
MuseChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #129
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
There's nothing to unattach. You need to flip it up against itself and hinge it into the fabric part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
I've been wrestling with the back seat backrest for an hour, and I can NOT figure out what I'm supposed to do with the long black plastic clip that edges the flap you pull through the bottom.

I'm following the Japanese pics the best I can from the install manual, but I can't make heads or tails of this step. There's a similar clip holding an original flap in place (thin grey material?), and it looks like in the step 4 photo on page 12P that you're supposed to unclip this. Mine seems to be glued into that original clip, and I'm worried about hosing the original stuff if I yank on it some more. Assuming I DO get it out, what attaches where after that?

Can ANYONE help.. fast? I searched YouTube, and I've read this thread here about a zillion times (3/4 of the zillion were before I ordered the covers), but I can't find anything that explains this step.

Thanks...

Barry

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #130
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S

The grey area is the kind of fabricky grey clip that's in the seats. You don't seperate or pull that apart.

The black is the cover that goes around the seat. The red is the plastic "slot" that's attached to the seat cover. You turn it inwards and it hooks into that fabric spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post

Thanks...

Barry

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #131
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWookiee View Post
There's nothing to unattach. You need to flip it up against itself and hinge it into the fabric part.
I'm REALLY glad you're here, and thanks for the quick reply. PM sent.
MuseChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:51 PM   #132
Parappa

Drives: Scion FR-S White Out
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I am currently installing seat covers in my FRS, i notice the center padded area after installation feels like there is air or a gap. Looks good in photos but once i sit down i can feel it. Does this go away over time? On the fence if i should keep mine or not.....seems like anywhere there is a sort of a bucket shape you get loose.airy PVC
Parappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:10 AM   #133
Avo1789

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parappa View Post
I am currently installing seat covers in my FRS, i notice the center padded area after installation feels like there is air or a gap. Looks good in photos but once i sit down i can feel it. Does this go away over time? On the fence if i should keep mine or not.....seems like anywhere there is a sort of a bucket shape you get loose.airy PVC
Mines was like that in the beginning, but it should flatten down within a month or so.
Avo1789 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Avo1789 For This Useful Post:
Parappa (05-13-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 07:57 AM   #134
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parappa View Post
Mine were the same way after two weeks they were flat. You may need to put something in backseat to flatten it with you don't use them tho.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
Parappa (05-13-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 05:13 AM   #135
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,257 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Anyone spill anything on em yet? Does it sip through?
Old 08-31-2016, 10:24 AM   #136
TennisHsu

Drives: 2013 Whiteout MT Scion FR-S
On the driver and passenger upper covers, what did you do with the flaps that are tucked (between the seat/back rest) and pulled through the back of the seat? There seems to be a velcro (loop side) on those flaps, but i can't seem to find where to secure them to.
TennisHsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #137
Bowflex

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisHsu View Post
On the driver and passenger upper covers, what did you do with the flaps that are tucked (between the seat/back rest) and pulled through the back of the seat? There seems to be a velcro (loop side) on those flaps, but i can't seem to find where to secure them to.
Same here. I think it goes to the top part of the back of the seat because there is Velcro there too, but I can't get it to stretch all the way there.
Bowflex is offline   Reply With Quote