follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook. Interested in the FT-1? Check out FT1Club
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
ACE Headers
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Wheels and Tires

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 07-30-2015, 10:48 PM   #267
cjd

Drives: No replacement yet...
Thanked 1,139 Times in 723 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
It's only subtly proud of the wheel IMO, and would look a touch off with the slight easing at the hub center edge on the wheel IMO. It could be tightened up a touch. I didn't measure how close to the axle nut this sits on the inside, may be close?

cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #268
Khalis

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine 86
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm interested in those caps. How much shipped to 94134? Color choices? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2015, 02:49 AM   #269
Gruppe-s
FT86Club Official Vendor

Drives: Time-attack Scion Race car
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
It's only subtly proud of the wheel IMO, and would look a touch off with the slight easing at the hub center edge on the wheel IMO. It could be tightened up a touch. I didn't measure how close to the axle nut this sits on the inside, may be close?

Not really sure what you mean about slight easing and tightening, you need to be more specific. I am talking smallest of measurements, I can't tell the machinist that, it would have to be hard numbers. I don't even want to be off .5mm either way. Let me know either way.
Gruppe-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:51 AM   #270
Gruppe-s
FT86Club Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalis View Post
I'm interested in those caps. How much shipped to 94134? Color choices? Thanks!
I have the color that matches closest to the factory cap.

I am considering black and silver
Old 08-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #271
cjd

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruppe-s View Post
Not really sure what you mean about slight easing and tightening, you need to be more specific. I am talking smallest of measurements, I can't tell the machinist that, it would have to be hard numbers. I don't even want to be off .5mm either way. Let me know either way.
I should start by saying I quite like it as-is.

Apologies for the ambiguity. I don't work with tolerances in this way so my language isn't typically precise enough for machining work. Let me attempt to clarify.

By easing, I mean it's not a hard corner; I think the aluminum of the wheel is machined to a hard corner, but the coating adds a very slight radius to the bore edge. The result, however, is that there will always be a little bit of visual detail here.

Now, I have not measured the depth of the cap itself or attempted to check what is required on the car; I don't know if this could be flush to the wheel face or not. Possibly it could, but that may not even be necessary.

Looking at the suggestion, I believe it would be to dome the face of the cap slightly and reduce the radius at the outside.

A sketch of how I think it is being suggested. I think this would look nice too, but no idea what it does to production costs which is relevant. If everyone contributes their opinions on how a product should be made, well... at some point, you can just let them go into production. So I'm replying to clarify only.

Please note, this is not to scale and would need to be verified against fitment against internal hub components. Note there is still a small radius at the outside corner from the cap face to the bore (what I call 'easing'). Orange is representing what we have today, blue is my interpretation of the suggested update.

As for colors, if they're available raw, folks can send them off to be whatever they like (though anodizing only - the tolerances are too tight for coating.)
Old 08-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #272
Gruppe-s
FT86Club Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
I should start by saying I quite like it as-is.

Apologies for the ambiguity. I don't work with tolerances in this way so my language isn't typically precise enough for machining work. Let me attempt to clarify.

By easing, I mean it's not a hard corner; I think the aluminum of the wheel is machined to a hard corner, but the coating adds a very slight radius to the bore edge. The result, however, is that there will always be a little bit of visual detail here.

Now, I have not measured the depth of the cap itself or attempted to check what is required on the car; I don't know if this could be flush to the wheel face or not. Possibly it could, but that may not even be necessary.

Looking at the suggestion, I believe it would be to dome the face of the cap slightly and reduce the radius at the outside.

A sketch of how I think it is being suggested. I think this would look nice too, but no idea what it does to production costs which is relevant. If everyone contributes their opinions on how a product should be made, well... at some point, you can just let them go into production. So I'm replying to clarify only.

Please note, this is not to scale and would need to be verified against fitment against internal hub components. Note there is still a small radius at the outside corner from the cap face to the bore (what I call 'easing'). Orange is representing what we have today, blue is my interpretation of the suggested update.

As for colors, if they're available raw, folks can send them off to be whatever they like (though anodizing only - the tolerances are too tight for coating.)
I understand what you are saying now. I will see if the radius will cause extra for the caps. The flat is much easier to machine for sure, the radius'd cap is much more detailed, I will ask the machine shop to see if that is possible and if it is going to raise the cost a lot more. Not sure if it can be done on the same machine?
Old 08-05-2015, 12:09 AM   #273
subiebui

Drives: 2017 STi WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
if you do end up getting the caps/adapters in black i would take a set
subiebui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:14 PM   #274
IBill4You
Banned

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Package pricing with the 255s shipped to 21742 please. Please price SBC and Bronze if you can get it
IBill4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #275
Gruppe-s
FT86Club Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBill4You View Post
Package pricing with the 255s shipped to 21742 please. Please price SBC and Bronze if you can get it
WEDS don't come in SBC or bronze, that I know about. PM sent regarding the other details.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:45 PM   #276
cjd

Garage
For anyone curious, there's only a touch over 1.3mm of clearance to the axle in the back to the wheel face. Completely flat across and flush is not possible. The wheel itself also has a somewhat substantial chamfer - my sketch underestimated this a bit (I'd guess 2mm, too lazy to go measure now and it didn't occur to me before. hah!)

The Following User Says Thank You to cjd For This Useful Post:
Gruppe-s (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015, 02:30 AM   #277
Gruppe-s
FT86Club Official Vendor

If we make a more flush design cap, everyone that buys this cap can thank cjd for all his time and effort. I will do my best to make it worth your time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gruppe-s For This Useful Post:
cjd (08-06-2015)
Old 08-14-2015, 10:14 PM   #278
JGalp

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
package price w/ tire and also just wheels. i am local to you so cash + pick up pricing?
JGalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:18 PM   #279
Gruppe-s
FT86Club Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGalp View Post
package price w/ tire and also just wheels. i am local to you so cash + pick up pricing?
PM sent
Old 08-20-2015, 02:04 AM   #280
Argento_86

Drives: fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
shipped to 10950 in DGM
Argento_86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enkei, rpf1, tc105n, weds