follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 02-27-2019, 08:29 PM   #29
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,174 Times in 6,833 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Understood.

Mike - what have you done to combat this issue with your track car? You're running a boosted setup with similar HP to me in your '86.

I have had zero problems to date in mine -- but I also haven't driven any tracks with long, left hand sweepers. I will be driving a few new tracks this coming season, and I'd rather solve this issue before running into it.

I do have an idea - anyone have a picture of the top of an FRS/BRZ fuel tank out of the car I can take a look at??
I've not yet found an optimal solution yet. I run hydramat, and literally fill up my tank to the brim before each outing.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:19 AM   #30
dgilliesau

Drives: Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
You sure it's installed correctly? No problems with your fuel pump?

I'm boosted and can practically run down to vapours without issue. I see close to 2G's cornering and consistently hit 1.4G's braking on the track.
How have you achieved this? I installed the flap which improved starvation on th Amaroo circuit with 2 consecutive left handers, but on the Sydney Motorsport Park I starve halfway down the straight after the 2 long left handers that lead onto the straight. It's like having a rev limiter at 6000rpm in 5th.

Now looking at what to do next.... Ideas?
dgilliesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:35 AM   #31
Scargod
Track Day Junkie

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've a new 2022 BRZ and am wondering if in 2020 or 2022 they have addressed the fuel starvation issues or is still the same problem/same fuel pickup design?

I've had to run the tank full in my STI. I had some foam in the tank at one point, that helped. Then some of it disintegrated and made a big mess.
I've thought of getting the Hydramat.
It seems only one person mentioned it and it was not a solution? I'm surprised.

If I must do a surge tank it sure as hell won't be in the engine compartment and I'll put in a fireproof bulkhead. First, I'll think hard about a manually actuated transfer pump for the right side.
Scargod is offline   Reply With Quote