follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 08-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
WallsAndFoundations

Drives:
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Eibach Sportline Lowering Spring front and rear camber bolts

So I ordered my sportlines.. they will be here friday, that said, I was just wondering where I could get some good quality front and rear camber bolts. Ft86speedfactory has some but the rear ones are almost 150.. that's ridiculous, and almost as much as I paid for the actual springs!

Anyone have any good sources where I can order both the front and rear camber bolts for less than 100? I'm not keen on spending an extra 200 bucks for the BOLTS to install my 250 dollar lowering springs..

I really want good quality, so if the price tag I mentioned doesn't get me good quality, it's okay, I'll just suck it up and order them next month
WallsAndFoundations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
Kido1986
Dodging cones

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited, 93 Z28
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rear camber bolts don't exist. You'll need rear LCA bushings to adjust slight camber in rear, or new, adjustable, rear low control arms to do any real adjustments.
Originally Posted by mrbillclintong View Post
If you guys spot any riced frs/brz post them here just for laughs no hating please.
Isn't there already a thread like this? It's called aggressive wheels or summat...
C Street Build/Progress Questions about C Street Autocrossing?
Kido1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
WallsAndFoundations

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kido1986 View Post
Rear camber bolts don't exist. You'll need rear LCA bushings to adjust slight camber in rear, or new, adjustable, rear low control arms to do any real adjustments.
Oh! My apologies. That must be why the rears cost so much I'm assuming..
Old 08-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Not 100% true Some of us have use camber bolts in the stock LCA's at the innermost mount - not as much adjustability as the aftermarket LCA's though.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Kido1986
Dodging cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
Not 100% true Some of us have use camber bolts in the stock LCA's at the innermost mount - not as much adjustability as the aftermarket LCA's though.
Please show me this? I haven't heard of such things. (I truly mean this, not in a sarcastic way)
If you guys spot any riced frs/brz post them here just for laughs no hating please.
Isn't there already a thread like this? It's called aggressive wheels or summat...
Old 08-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Please show me this? I haven't heard of such things. (I truly mean this, not in a sarcastic way)

It's not using the same cam bolts that fit in the upper hole in the knuckle, we use h&r triple c cam bolts on the innermost mount of the stock arm. They give maybe +\- .5 degree so it's more for dialing out a bit of camber and evening right/left up. Sportlines will usually leave you over neg 2 degrees of camber on the rear, these can get you back to 2 or a little under that. If you need more adjustability then you'll probably want aftermarket control arms.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CBQ6NV6?pc_redir=1408308337&robot_redir=1"]H&R TC212 'Triple C' Camber Adjustment Bolt - Pair:Amazon:Automotive[/ame]
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Slight correction, the adjustable bushings are for the UCA, not LCA. You can also get adjustable UCA's as well, but they're more expensive than LCA's. The big benefit is adjusting camber with the UCA has much less effect on toe than adjusting with the LCA. Meaning you can get away without needing an aftermarket toe arm even with a big adjustment in camber if you have adjustable UCA's.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #8
Kido1986
Dodging cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
It's not using the same cam bolts that fit in the upper hole in the knuckle, we use h&r triple c cam bolts on the innermost mount of the stock arm. They give maybe +\- .5 degree so it's more for dialing out a bit of camber and evening right/left up. Sportlines will usually leave you over neg 2 degrees of camber on the rear, these can get you back to 2 or a little under that. If you need more adjustability then you'll probably want aftermarket control arms.

H&R TC212 'Triple C' Camber Adjustment Bolt - Pair:Amazon:Automotive
Cool, did not know that was even possible for minor adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Slight correction, the adjustable bushings are for the UCA, not LCA. You can also get adjustable UCA's as well, but they're more expensive than LCA's. The big benefit is adjusting camber with the UCA has much less effect on toe than adjusting with the LCA. Meaning you can get away without needing an aftermarket toe arm even with a big adjustment in camber if you have adjustable UCA's.
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. I knew people mostly changed the LCA, didn't know the bushing method was done to the UCA. Im stock height for SCCA Street Class
Old 08-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #9
maxjedi
The Cloudmaker

Drives: GT86, G37S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallsAndFoundations View Post
the rear ones are almost 150.. that's ridiculous, and almost as much as I paid for the actual springs!
Those rear bushings are very hard to install, you will probably pay another 150 or more to do it, and then they are a pain to adjust. So don't bother and get some aftermarket LCAs instead, if you really need to adjust rear camber.

... my build thread: maxjedi's turbo "daily drifter" GT86 ...
maxjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #10
WallsAndFoundations

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjedi View Post
Those rear bushings are very hard to install, you will probably pay another 150 or more to do it, and then they are a pain to adjust. So don't bother and get some aftermarket LCAs instead, if you really need to adjust rear camber.
Will do. I'm just gonna go for the adjustables, screw the bushings haha