follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,376 Times in 4,136 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
QA1 dampers?

Reading these forums I have read of damper/coilover brands ranging from bargain basement to high end. I have never seen QA1 dampers mentioned. I do not have any experience with them nor read of anyone using them but a local suspension workshop sells custom QA1 dampers. They (the workshop) say they are exceptional value for the quality. The only downside is they are not externally adjustable.

Can anyone shed light on these dampers?
Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
AZP Installs

Drives: '11 STi->'14 BRZ | '14 Touareg TDi
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to AZP Installs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Reading these forums I have read of damper/coilover brands ranging from bargain basement to high end. I have never seen QA1 dampers mentioned. I do not have any experience with them nor read of anyone using them but a local suspension workshop sells custom QA1 dampers. They (the workshop) say they are exceptional value for the quality. The only downside is they are not externally adjustable.

They are good dampers as far as I know, expect in all my years, I've only seen them for american cars. When I had my 05 CTSV they were on the top of my list for replacements on that car. They offer adjustable ones IIRC, maybe not all models though.

-Mike Paisan

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.
Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs
"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"
AZP Installs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post

They are primarily a circle-track racing company, with some domestic/hotrod street stuff. The race shocks are user-serviceable and revalveable. They do (did?) have an externally single adjustable (rebound) in their aluminum threaded body series. The idea is you set them up with shimstacks and fine tune your rebound on the track.

For reference, they are a direct competitor with Bilstein in the circle-track arena.

They're not a company that throws on a 32-click dial to impress people. There is a bit of expectation that people understand what they are doing with their shocks.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote