follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 04:16 AM   #841
DriftEightSix
Pegasus White

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
that zoom in at 2:05 nice work...
Old 10-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #842
lexusb3
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm-az-fuk View Post
Let me know man. I have a lawyer that will make them cry like a newborn. If you need the contact, pm me.
Why would you do that ..???? Lol them boys been working hard I live by the shop and tend to always go there to hide from work or my wife lol .... I still don't get why anyone is upset or mad? Half of everyone complain on this thread has yet to spend any MONEY lol geez the build will get done and when it does everyone will drooll and those who see the power and want it will BUY it no matter what including myself ... If it is taking to long get another car simple as that! If u want a car on a budget let me know I work at toyota I can get a Camry or corolla!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lexusb3 For This Useful Post:
bgibbsunc (10-13-2013), MooKz (10-13-2013)
Old 10-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #843
lexusb3
Banned

Only way anyone should complain or say something negative ... Has to PayPal money to @Frs300 other wise keep it to ya self
Old 10-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #844
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusb3 View Post
Why would you do that ..???? Lol them boys been working hard I live by the shop and tend to always go there to hide from work or my wife lol .... I still don't get why anyone is upset or mad? Half of everyone complain on this thread has yet to spend any MONEY lol geez the build will get done and when it does everyone will drooll and those who see the power and want it will BUY it no matter what including myself ... If it is taking to long get another car simple as that! If u want a car on a budget let me know I work at toyota I can get a Camry or corolla!
Why they get upset or mad? Have you read this thread? The amount of unprofessionalism, lack of attention to detail, accountability, and broken promises is more than plenty for me to keep away from dealing with them - as a shop.

I would really like to see the other side to the story but so far it's like they're hoping it'll just fade away. Things need to be brought to light.
The Following User Says Thank You to slicktop For This Useful Post:
stevo_12v (10-20-2013)
Old 10-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #845
slicktop

Quote:
Only way anyone should complain or say something negative ... Has to PayPal money to @Frs300 other wise keep it to ya self
Another thing to take into consideration, this build has been going on since a month after you joined the website. Imagine having been told the motor had to come out multiple times because of "x" reason and the car sits for days without someone touching it.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #846
lexusb3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
Another thing to take into consideration, this build has been going on since a month after you joined the website. Imagine having been told the motor had to come out multiple times because of "x" reason and the car sits for days without someone touching it.
I understand me and Frs300 have become good friends because of this build we talk about it all the time ... But the point is that a lot of ppl blast this when they don't spend a dime or have a "intake"!! Oh this takes to long ot lack of attention blah blah. But when it's complete weather it's complete in a day or a few months they still won't buy it .... That's your opinion not to go to fa20club for what ever reason but me personally haven't had any problems and we all know I'm crazy with this car. When this is finished and it breaks records like always and going one step ahead of competition people will be hitting the buy button lol and waiting ... Everyone I have spoken to pretty much says I hate to wait but when they get there product say it was worth the wait !
Old 10-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #847
slicktop

Quote:
I understand me and Frs300 have become good friends because of this build we talk about it all the time ... But the point is that a lot of ppl blast this when they don't spend a dime or have a "intake"!! Oh this takes to long ot lack of attention blah blah. But when it's complete weather it's complete in a day or a few months they still won't buy it .... That's your opinion not to go to fa20club for what ever reason but me personally haven't had any problems and we all know I'm crazy with this car. When this is finished and it breaks records like always and going one step ahead of competition people will be hitting the buy button lol and waiting ... Everyone I have spoken to pretty much says I hate to wait but when they get there product say it was worth the wait !
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but you're on stock block? Right?

Also, lack of attention to detail on some things might be acceptable to some, but when it comes to engine internals... that's disastrous. His original engine grenaded because of lack of attention to detail.

You're happy because you slapped a turbokit on a stock FA20 and didn't have to wait longer than a few days, MAYBE. What if you waited weeks? Any other company that takes too long gets slaughtered on the review forum. Everyone and their mother rides the FA20club train when they really should step their game up.

Not impressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to slicktop For This Useful Post:
lexusb3 (10-13-2013)
Old 10-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #848
feldy

Drives: 2013 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Yep it's always been good stuff with fa20club. Just that damn wait lol. I spent a ton of money with these guys this year and had one refund since something had came up and waited a month for a front pipe that didnt get started. Had another opportunity and took it. Ill be re-ordering in the spring hopefully when there caught up on existing builds and not back logged.

This thread just went all Ben afflek everyone is hating on him now for batman but who knows it could be a master piece.

I agree with @lexusb3 a lawyer is dumb and not needed for anything yet. Nothing adults can't work out.

Last edited by feldy; 10-13-2013 at 11:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feldy For This Useful Post:
Calum (10-13-2013), lexusb3 (10-13-2013)
Old 10-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #849
lexusb3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but you're on stock block? Right?

Also, lack of attention to detail on some things might be acceptable to some, but when it comes to engine internals... that's disastrous. His original engine grenaded because of lack of attention to detail.

You're happy because you slapped a turbokit on a stock FA20 and didn't have to wait longer than a few days, MAYBE. What if you waited weeks? Any other company that takes too long gets slaughtered on the review forum. Everyone and their mother rides the FA20club train when they really should step their game up.

Not impressed.
Ya your right I'm on the stock block and I agree to some this is different for me I would give them the car and drive another because I don't like to rely on one car as my daily and a project lol the only reason I think fa20 does not get bashed like other companies because the products are good and the power they make na and boosted are good so everyone is happy once they get there stuff .. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you btw so I'm not mad or upset at you just saying how I felt I don't want to start drama lol
Old 10-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #850
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
I have offered to help @Frs300 as much as I can. The man needs his car back ASAP.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #851
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldy View Post
Yep it's always been good stuff with fa20club. Just that damn wait lol. I spent a ton of money with these guys this year and had one refund since something had came up and waited a month for a front pipe that didnt get started. Had another opportunity and took it. Ill be re-ordering in the spring hopefully when there caught up on existing builds and not back logged.

This thread just went all Ben afflek everyone is hating on him now for batman but who knows it could be a master piece.

I agree with @lexusb3 a lawyer is dumb and not needed for anything yet. Nothing adults can't work out.
First, Ben Afflek will never be a good batman.

Second, I've had a different experience with Fa20 but I also don't like to go on the forums and blast vendors. Long part waits, incorrect parts, missing pieces, low quality, lack of ANY response for retunes (still waiting months later after repeat e-mails). I still have their CAI untouched in my garage (anyone want it on the cheap?).

I do think the business model of retunes for life is partially to blame. It's a horrible business model for a tuner, but one Toni felt he was forced into to compete with JV.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)

Last edited by Hawaiian; 10-13-2013 at 12:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
Opposed (10-13-2013)
Old 10-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #852
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
It's amazing how apologetic certain people (yes you, @lexusb3 lol) are on behalf of fa20club. Do they pay you for this service?

If Visconti built engines and did this you'd be burning him at the stake. Just because someone built you a turbo kit you like a lot doesn't mean you have to crank the fanboy dial to 12 every time someone has an issue with the vendor.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #853
feldy

Drives: 2013 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Retunes for life is a lot of headaces. I paid for two tunes. I almost paid for a 3rd recently since I felt bad that I keep asking him to look at logs ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
First, Ben Afflek will never be a good batman.

Second, I've had a different experience with Fa20 but I also don't like to go on the forums and blast vendors. Long part waits, incorrect parts, missing pieces, low quality, lack of ANY response for retunes (still waiting months later after repeat e-mails). I still have their CAI untouched in my garage (anyone want it on the cheap?).

I do think the horrible business model of retunes for life is partially to blame. It's a horrible business model for a tuner, but one Toni felt he was forced into to compete with JV.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #854
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
is building an fa20 really all that different than the ej2xx which have been being built for years?

Closed Thread

Tags
#car in litigation?, #ferris bueller ferrari?, 12 year build, 5 month engine build, are we there yet?, edging, fantasy, innovate thread pt.2, its happening!!!!, keep calm and carry on, maybe tomorrow?, not today, not viscontiqued ftw, the neverending build, unicorn!, vaporware