follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Khazzy's SWP BRZ Limited

Figured I would give this journal thing a go.

Ordered the car 25 Sept 13.

Deployed while I waited, it helped the time pass by. Also right before I left, I sold my 99 Integra DB8 (4 door if you do not know the car codes).

Received my car 12 Jan 13. Man was I happy!!! This was my first "new" car and I could not believe I was still sitting in my BRZ. I was the second SWP BRZ in Nebraska. I know the other person who got theirs. We both have very different tastes in this car which makes me happy since we probably will not make our cars look the same.

At first, I was going to hold out and not mod the car too much. I wanted to pay it off as soon as possible. I got the car for MSRP and do not owe much anymore. But....giving up an old hobby of mine freed up a ton of expenses, so naturally the modifications started so I could make this car truly mine!

The pictures will show an evolution from OEM Bone stock to what the car is today. Enjoy, there are a ton, nothing fancy as they are all iPhone 4s pics.

Grimmspeed offset license plate mount. I was messing with ideas for my vanity plates I wanted. Swerv is a name I have been given at work. Big Erv started the Swerv thing and so on. It came down to me wanting something fitting for the car. You will see late down the page of pics.

Weather Tech floor mats. This was the most important thing for me. Nebraska winters are not forgiving to car interior floor mats. I want to keep the original mats in good condition. Purchased these badboys! Yes they are expensive but if you live in an area where it snows/rains a lot, these are a must!

Right before 1000 miles....got this nasty chip. It took a fill but did not hide the crack. My Integra never got a rock chip that bad. These windshields are so thin!

JPM Coachworks cluster hood. This started my love for JPM and will show later on. Better than OEM+ in my opinion.

JDM Clear side markers! One of my favorite modifications. Got some 194A bulbs too!

The very same day, my Rally Armor mudflaps came in! These to me were the best choice at keeping all of that salt and sand mix Nebraska lays down on icy roads. Plus I may go with a wider stance later on and these will still do well with that.

Then came along a man that some know on the forums as Sutty. He was making arm rests for this car and I absolutely loved it. I missed the arm rest and for longer driving I wanted it more and more. SO, contacted him and had some made. Much more exclusive item in the car as he only made so many and is not making any more.

Also got a little decoration for the seat heater switches. Since I cannot get the cool fancy plaques people get made for the FRS and Premium BRZ's. I had to find a company that did things a little out of the norm. Plus they were able to put on there what I wanted. I actually like the satin silver trim. So I brought more of it into the car. It help breaks up the interior and makes it look more mature.

Next up were hood dampeners. Zeta Performance had a group buy and at a price I could no resist. Was a great addition to the car!

As time went on, other things that I never really thought to change in a vehicle were hitting me more and more every day. The BRZ's interior is dark, it is black! At night I found myself wanting more light when I got up to the car, entered the car, and getting out of the car. DiodeDynamics answered my call. Later on I actually did some testing of my own and helped them find out that the bulbs in the Limited Doors were the same as their trunk bulbs. I actually posted up a DIY here http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...light=door+led

Well some time went by. I also told myself the exhaust I always wanted (Perrin) would be bought after the car is payed off. Would be a, little reward? for paying it off early. Well, MikeCZP broke me down against that promise to myself and gave me a heck of a deal. For awhile I was eyeballing the Invidia Q300 but for a little more I was able to get the exhaust I originally wanted. At the same time, I ordered a OEM replica rear diffuser (or as most call it, decorative plastic to complete the front end) because that is exactly what it is.

Also, the old one fit in the car, if anyone was wondering.

Winding down to the present. Got my vanity plates, fit the car pretty well!

Got a little tax free on my check, so after a crazy week of work, decided to splurge and buy some wheels! Sparco Assetto Garas! I love em! 17x7.5

Then got the windows tinted! One of my favorite pics. The way SWP is shining in the sun is perfect! I love this color!

Grimmspeed brake master cylinder brace installed. Great little modification! Brakes are not as spongy anymore.

JPM Coachworks comes through again. So when I got the car, I noticed 3 different leather/material patterns, well 4 if you want to get VERY specific but 3 noticeable. Alcantara, hard leather, and a dimpled leather steering wheel/plastic door panel finish. The dimpled leather was only in those 2 areas. I liked the pattern so I talked with JPM as I saw a pic of another customers product they made and asked to receive the same. Man was I happy! Also got the knee pads and door speaker covers in Alcantara. Knee pads are still in need of an install. Need to find a day to buckle down and take the center console out.

Also ordered a Cusco shift knob. Was a little different than what I was originally expecting. Was smaller, and A LOT lighter than the OEM knob. I gave it a shot, and fell in love with the feel of it right away (insert joke here).

In the midst of spending money over the past 6 months, I decided to dress up the engine bay. Got some VHT wrinkle red paint, and ordered the AVO silicone piping. This was the result. I also installed an Apex-i dry air filter. I had the K&N but with an oiled filter that close to the MAF, I decided to go a different route.

Now we are at the present. I will update some more when I get the pics uploaded. Sorry for the long drawn out post but this is what happens when you do not start this as soon as you get the car. Car is now sitting at 5300 miles. I need to drive some more.

Last edited by Khazzy; 07-06-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Khazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
DGMBRZ (07-06-2013), ImperiousRex (10-17-2013), Muskokan (10-08-2013), supra2nv (07-06-2013), Wolfking (07-15-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
Skippman

Drives: GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Looking good so far bro! How are you liking the Perrin exhaust?
Skippman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Skippman For This Useful Post:
Khazzy (07-30-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
DGMBRZ

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ in DGM
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Great pics. Really nice to see the transition.
DGMBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DGMBRZ For This Useful Post:
Khazzy (07-30-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
Cameronghanson

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
love those sparcos
Cameronghanson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cameronghanson For This Useful Post:
Khazzy (07-30-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
Khazzy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippman View Post
Looking good so far bro! How are you liking the Perrin exhaust?
I absolutely love it. 4000 miles or so later, still no leaks, sounds great, and is beautiful to look at every day I walk up behind the car. People still complement me on it saying how clean it looks and how the slashes go with the curve of the rear end.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Khazzy

Garage
Thanks everyone! More pics up today of what I did last night! Here is a little teaser.

Before.

After

And since I was upgrading the front turn signals, I guess I could go ahead and put these on lol. Thank you Guerillaracing.com! I had followed these guys since they released word on getting the TOM's tail lights in. They came out and I continued to stay with them even if they were a little more expensive than other places. Not to mention they actually got them for USMD pinout being an authorized TOM's dealer in the US.

Installed pics up later
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
DGMBRZ (07-06-2013), GuerillaRacing (12-30-2013), supra2nv (07-06-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #7
supra2nv

Drives: 10 Series TRD
Thanked 1,169 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
beautiful!

Wave Particle Duality

Last edited by supra2nv; 07-15-2013 at 11:36 AM.
supra2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to supra2nv For This Useful Post:
Khazzy (07-30-2013)
Old 07-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Khazzy

Garage
Thanks @supra2nv

Here are some promised pics.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
GuerillaRacing (12-30-2013), supra2nv (07-06-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #9
supra2nv

man bro I forgot how beautiful this car is lol

Wave Particle Duality

Last edited by supra2nv; 07-15-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Khazzy (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #10
Khazzy

Garage
Thanks. Your car looks great as well!
The Following User Says Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
supra2nv (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #11
supra2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
Thanks. Your car looks great as well!
similar wheels similar look doppelgangers. love the alcantara interior pieces.

Wave Particle Duality
Khazzy (07-30-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #12
Khazzy

Garage
Still sounding great after 5500 miles.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYheH2gHd_U"]BRZ engine after 5500 miles - YouTube[/ame]
supra2nv (07-17-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
supra2nv

I don't have alcantara on my car, but I am interested in alcantara on that gauge pod like yours...would it clash with non alcantara interior?? thanks man.. loving your car those wheels are beautiful

Wave Particle Duality
Khazzy (07-30-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
Khazzy

Garage
Thanks, I do not know how much it would clash. I do know they make a synthetic leather like the FRS's that would match your speakers and knee pads.

My whole vision of the interior on the BRZ was there were 3 leather patterns. Hard, Alcantara (not really leather) and dimpled. So with the center of the seat being alcantara, I kept that center line going with the gauge hood. Created a line of alcantara for the driver. Then I wanted to bring in the dimpled leather from the wheel and (plastic) door panels. I did this by surrounding the driver/passenger with it. Doors (dimpled) hard leather bolsters on seat, alcantara, hard leather bolsters, dimple leather (shift boot/Ebrake boot). It is much easier to explain sitting in the car. I have my arm rest too to enforce the hard leather towards the dimpled. Appreciate the kind words on the wheels too. I am happy they turned out great. I was originally wanting to go gold then...thought black with the white looked way better. If I went with the WRB, I would have gone gold all of the way.
supra2nv (07-18-2013)