follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #29
m0nty

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaoctantis View Post
Actually, this raises a valid point, something I've been thinking about. Do we know if dealers typically put povvo petrol in for pickup (to save a few bucks) or do they put the premium stuff in? I've read it should be premium all the way with the 86, anyone had any experience of this?

Worth picking it up empty in my opinion so you can guarantee it has the top stuff for it's first full tank. Does it matter?

to everyone on here, waiting for my March 2013 delivery!
To be frank, we're not c***s out to steal every last dollar. Nearly all dealers, if not all will put 98 octane into the car. Why would we jeopardize an engine for the sake of saving about $3 a tank?
m0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #30
sigmaoctantis

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nty View Post
To be frank, we're not c***s out to steal every last dollar. Nearly all dealers, if not all will put 98 octane into the car. Why would we jeopardize an engine for the sake of saving about $3 a tank?
My question exactly, but it does happen.
Every car i've bought has been on fumes when I bought it, if they put anything in it it'd be a step up.

Not all dealers are as pure as the driven snow either, any search on Allcars showing them selling ex-demo GTS manuals for 50K (plus on-road) will tell you that.

No probs with my own dealer though!
sigmaoctantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #31
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardi330 View Post
but my car was delivered with full tank of fuel, not 5L. and you said they don't get fueled up by the dealer.....

No, I said there's fuel in it. It is splashed at the factory . . . . . geeeee !
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #32
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
To whoever said 25L/100k, this shows that your car was probably mainly driven at LOW speeds, as your fuel consumption increases the slower you go. It's fuel used over distance, the slower you go, your engine uses less fuel due to lower load of drag, but you are still using more fuel to cross the distance.
And for km itself, depending on how it's loaded and held, if its the 1st on, it drives longest on and off yeah? Then it depends how they are parked, driven in the park, the PDI, if there was a minor problem that needed fixing, how far the petrol station is that takes the company fuel card from dealer, if the car got delivered at one dealer for bulk but needed to go to another branch for customer delivery etc. many little factors. I know everyone would love to have 0 km on the clock, but in the prospective 200k, what is 20?
And in retrospect, each GTR is trashed around a test "track" prior to leaving the plant, albeit by Nissan engineers and test drivers.
As long as I have warranty, I wouldn't care if the car had less than ~50km on it (over that I would be asking questions and reasons and for freebies)
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #33
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Quote:
Stupidity? The only stupidity here is thinking a car with 20kms isn't brand new and is thrashed.
did i say it isnt brand new ? Did i complain about it. NO ... is the KM's excessive ? yes , compared to the other 86's...

How about people check the average fuel consumption when they pick up their cars, so then i at least have something to compare to...

when you set it to actual fuel consumption and the car is idling it says 0.

What else explains the average fuel consumption to be that high monty. ?
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #34
m0nty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by st162celica View Post
did i say it isnt brand new ? Did i complain about it. NO ... is the KM's excessive ? yes , compared to the other 86's...

How about people check the average fuel consumption when they pick up their cars, so then i at least have something to compare to...

when you set it to actual fuel consumption and the car is idling it says 0.

What else explains the average fuel consumption to be that high monty. ?
Reset your trip computer and wait about 60 seconds.

I've given you multiple reasons why those kilometres are completely acceptable. Your belief that the car has been thrashed is completely misguided but "fuck the dealers" right?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #35
RAN94A
Grand PooBah

Drives: Toyota 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
hmmmm... additional 6-12 month wait to get a new order delivered or get over the fact the car has an extra couple of km's

we are LITERALLY talking about a trip to the shops and back.. jesus christ some people are whingers.

so long as the car is free from defects/dings/damage, i would take delivery. Hell these things are walking out the door dealers are selling demonstrators for more than RRP and theyre moving them.
RAN94A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #36
st162celica

Quote:
Reset your trip computer and wait about 60 seconds.

I've given you multiple reasons why those kilometres are completely acceptable. Your belief that the car has been thrashed is completely misguided but "fuck the dealers" right?
Did i say the dealers thrashed it ? no. Do I know where most of those 22km's were put on? no... F*ck me, SOME of you dealers get so defensive.

I think Tint was done at the dealership (mobile tint guys), also there is a petrol station about 1km from the dealership. Just a bit bummed that most of the cars had about 10km and mine had double that. Someone somewhere down the line had a bit of a joyride on my 40k investment. Am i happy about that ? No. should i complain about it... I couldnt give a sh*t.

I don't care if it is thrashed. I just wanted to be the one to be the 1st to thrash it if it was in the end.

Got my car in for the 1 month check up. All good. I jumped into it and all the red stitching on the gear knob was black from greasy hands. Spoke to the service guy and all he said was sorry. We both Spent a bit of time cleaning it, still looks ok, well i just shrugged my shoulders and said, you need to tell them to wear gloves or wash their hands as im sure the next guy will complain to get it changed.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #37
st162celica

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAN94A View Post
hmmmm... additional 6-12 month wait to get a new order delivered or get over the fact the car has an extra couple of km's

we are LITERALLY talking about a trip to the shops and back.. jesus christ some people are whingers.

so long as the car is free from defects/dings/damage, i would take delivery. Hell these things are walking out the door dealers are selling demonstrators for more than RRP and theyre moving them.
Not sure if your referring to me. I wouldn't give up the car for those extra km's

Car was free of defects, except for the swirl marks when it was detailed. I just ignored it.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #38
m0nty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by st162celica View Post
22 on mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine got thrashed...

i checked the average fuel consumption and it was at 20-25L /100

After about 100km ... it dropped to 10-11 L

so yes, mine got thrashed for the 1st 20km before i took delivery... FKN bAstards
Quoted because you forgot what you posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to m0nty For This Useful Post:
RAN94A (12-05-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #39
st162celica

Quote:
Quoted because you forgot what you posted.
yeah ... and

Did i say dealer thrashed it or who thrashed it. Did I say who put the extra Km's on it ? I think you assumed I accused the dealer.

I rather be the one to thrash it, IF it was thrashed.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #40
st162celica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorov View Post
lol at this thread... =P

In the grand scheme of things 20kms is nothing. Most of you probably did more than 20kms in your first day of driving! I know I did. I bet if your car had 2kms when you drove away and then it broke down down the road you'd be exclaiming that this is an outrage and that the dealer should have test driven. Well... You can't have it both ways.

If it's damaged during this process, then it's a completely different story. But we're not talking about that.

Just fyi. I had something in the low 20s on the dial when I received mine.
Well, we got it from the same dealer with about the same amount of KM's

@davey90 how many KM's did you have ?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #41
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
They're defensive because dealers are dodgy & have a bad reputation regardless whether they sell new or used. When one purchases a brand new car they are not only paying for the new car but also the privilege of being the first person to drive it after transport & delivery inspection. If the majority of cars have about 10k's on delivery then anything beyond 20k's is excessive, IMO. But a lot of dealers don't really care about the satisfaction of a customer do they?
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #42
proficience

Drives: Velocity Orange 86 GTS M/T
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
13 on mine. western sydney. And btw high fuel consumption readings doesn't necessarily mean it was thrashed - having the engine on without moving makes that figure go through the roof
proficience is offline   Reply With Quote