follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 09-23-2017, 11:34 PM   #15
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tbh, if someone wants your wheels then they are going to take them, even if you have locking lugs. at most, they will just stop the crack heads from stealing your wheels. however, with time, anyone can still take the wheels. your best bet is to just use your head when parking your car and not park in some obscure spot that is far away from all foot traffic.

at work, a guest had their wheels stolen from their Mercedes while parked in the parking garage. the stupid part was that the guest parked their vehicle at the entrance of the parking garage and left it there for three weeks (without even telling us). when they returned, their front wheels were missing and the car was on blocks. about two rows down was a Bentley and Maybach that were parked there for a little over a week. yet, the thief stole the front wheels off a 2006 C-class lol.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:25 AM   #16
EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MT View Post
I love Almite, but I have an Ablaze 86. I'm wondering if the combo would work well.

Also how do you guys feel running expensive wheels and publicly parking? No one messed with your wheels? I know the nightmare is returning to your car on cinder blocks. I don't have any problems with security at home, just at work (big public open parking lot with grocery store, restaurants, pharmacy, etc.).
Yeah I'm not sure about the pairing. I really like Almite Gold. They're dark in the shade but glitter in the sun. I don't think you can go wrong with it, but you'll just have to see them in person if you're unsure. If you're in the LA area and end up crossing paths, you might see it.

As far as wheels in public, I don't really worry about it. To me, it's no use worrying about something you don't have control over. Like already mentioned, if someone wants your wheels, they're going to go all out for them. Locks help, but they wont keep away a dedicated thief.
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:37 PM   #17
86MT

Drives: '17 Hot Lava 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
That would depend on size and color. I've personally found those things to be a royal pain in the ass to get ahold of. My brother had to peep their site every few days for months just to get some 15x9's in black. I did the same thing for about four months waiting and waiting for 15x7.5's in any color due to autocross class restrictions. I finally just said screw it, they're technically my street wheels anyway and bought 15x8.

Buy locking lugs. I tend to buy wheels that are decent but not overpriced such as Enkeis and 6UL's and I now draw the line at wheels that are out of production. I learned the hard way with a pothole and three good Volk GT-U's that I can't get a good fourth to complete the set. My brother got really lucky and bent a steelie that was only on his car for the winter and could have just as easily been a beautiful set of discontinued O.Z. Superleggeras. Never again. Maybe expensive wheels but never discontinued ones of any kind. Not even the NISMO LMGT4's that I absolutely love.
What are some inexpensive wheels you recommend? All I care about is performance. Looking for something durable and light. 17x9+35 would be ideal.

I was thinking 6UL or something similar, but I think I could find cheaper. I really do love the Rays 57CR. Beautiful wheels!
86MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:37 AM   #18
Yardjass

Drives: '14 Monogram, '95 Miata, '90 300ZX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MT View Post
What are some inexpensive wheels you recommend? All I care about is performance. Looking for something durable and light. 17x9+35 would be ideal.

I was thinking 6UL or something similar, but I think I could find cheaper. I really do love the Rays 57CR. Beautiful wheels!

6UL's or RPF1's. The other side to my way of doing things is I'm not going to buy the cheapest wheels available that are also garbage. Enkeis and 949 Racing are that happy medium where they aren't expensive but they also aren't garbage.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote